Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

Boy Oh Boy!

Faheema.   

Egyptian septuplets' mom hopes to hold them soon

A day after giving birth to septuplets, a 27-year-old Egyptian woman said Sunday she's only seen her babies on television and hopes to hold them and name them soon.

Ghazala Khamis was still hospitalized after giving birth a day earlier to four boys and three girls. She said she is "very anxious to see them" and to breast-feed at least some of them.

"I saw them on TV. They are very cute," she told The Associated Press from her hospital bed in the Mediterranean coastal city of Alexandria.

"I am just waiting to hold them in my arms and breast-feed them," she said in a weak voice. "I don't know if I can do it to all, but I will try."

Her husband and other relatives are brainstorming names, said Khamis, who took fertility drugs to conceive in an effort to produce a son. She is already the mother of three girls, ages 7 to 11.

The babies' father is a farm worker who earns about $4 a day when he is employed, which is usually only a day or two each week,

More...

Ibtisam   

Mashallah and Acuudbililah. If I was told I was carrying 3 (let alone 7) I would....I don't even know you know, that is just mind blowing :(

May Allah make it easy for her.

Pucca   

i saw that yesterday and caloosha iixanuuntay. subhanallah, one is painful enough could you imagine having to go through it for 7?!

God be with her.

Faheema.   

^ I don't think she went through the whole tension pain cycle. If I read correctly, they had to do a C-Section before she was due (8th month)

Saqajaan   

I can't really blame them, in that part of the world, girls are nothing more than a drain to your resources and wealth. In islam a father is obligated to take care of he's daughters if he cannot give her away to a man for her to marry. So if the daughters happen to be ugly and cannot be givin away, you are basically stuck with her and must feed and shelter her forever since most of them don't/can't work.

I can empathize with that family for wanting sons.

Saqajaan   

I'm always serious. You don't have to agree with my opinion, but thats probably how people feel in that part of the world. Also, a girl doesn't pass on your family/tribal name, so she isn't as useful in that sense either. That's the mentality of the people there, and i happen to agree with it.

Miriam1   

How did they afford the whole fertility process, if her husband is a farm hand?

Do they subsidize it in Egypt?

I hope they have a loving extended family...expensessssss