Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

The clash between solers over a recent tragedy

roobleh   

Fourteen shameful responses to a post dedicated to a current Somali tragedy:

1. "Allowing Ethiopia to unload it's military hardware off the port of Berbera doesn't necessarily make the somaliland regime innocent of the confilct in southern somalia."

-they deserve this.

2. "There is a saying, "You reap what you sow"."

-let them die.

3. "If those in these pockets of stability thought they could sit idly and be indifferent to the situation in the south, and more sadly callobrate with Ethiopia, they were wrong."

-let them burn too.

4. "...There is price to pay for disloyalty and more importanly watching the suffering of your fellow Muslims while not lifting a finger."

-they deserve it.

5. "The administrations of PL & SL should weigh carefully their actions or lack thereof with regards to supporting the tigre regime and their lackeys in baydhabo."

-or else this is what happens.

6. "Hundreds are dying in Mogdisho's Bakaara market on a daily basis."

-so what? mine are also dying.

7. "For how long, will trade in innocent people be allowed to continue?"

-they deserve this.

8. "it was only a matter of time chaos was gonna reach the North."

-let the chaos spread.

9. "I am sorry to say but this did not come as a surprise! I always viewed Somalia as a one single house..."

-if one burns the other should too.

10. "It was the master bedroom that has been engulfed with fire for the last years. That the other rooms would at one point catch the fire was inevitable in my mind..."

-sarcastic.

11. "Anyone who thought prior to this morning that SL would not be a target at some time is naive."

-we all together. let the tragedy spread.

12. "Markaad cadow kal-kaal tahay wax kasto diyaar u noqo."

-they deserved.

13. "Killing one another is some thing common in the Somalis but what is not common is the new phase of politically induced human trade in these two areas ( qoodh-xidhka dadka la qoor xidhayo gacanta loo galaniyo cadawga."

-what's the big deal about it.

14. "What I am saying is very simple: unless the core conflict gets resolved, talking about an explossion here and there waa garaad yari adeer!"

-as i said before, it is not a big issue.

And the winner is- sound mind:

"I mean look at this - 6 pages long and I can barely recall a single condemnation of an act carried out in the name of a religion we all share. What are you people all thinking? We had more ppl snidely proclaim that the North cannot be immune to the conflict etc. Really striking and I'm not even a Somaliland partisan or Puntland either."

^thank you(and the others)who showed sound mind debating on this tragedy.

N.O.R.F   

^^Very true and agree with the last point. Somalis can't help themselves to be honest. Those comments were only expected as people become experts all of a sudden when in fact most of those commenting haven't been back since qaxii!

ps this thread should be in politics

Kool_Kat   

Walaalkeey walaalkaa kama fiicno, runwaaye taas...Anaga Somalia Northkeeda sadexmeel laga qarxiyay yaan dhagaha naloogaga aadamin...Yes it is tragedy, but nothing new...Soomaali for the past two decades baa taas iyo tu kadaran ku dheceysay...Allaha u naxariisto intii dhimatay...

I don't see anything wrong with some sentences up there. One can understand, as abhorable as the attacks were, attacking the so-called Xabashi "embassy" in Hargeysa, which is just a transit dadka loo dhiibo laga sii gudbiyo and sirdoon ku sheega's headquarters in Boosaaso, who do the one of classic Bush's doctrines of "extraordinary rendition" of handing innocent Soomaalis to Xabashis -- soon or not, someone or some group, as misguided as they are we think, would take some revenge. It is human nature. In the process, masaakiin waxba galabsan ku dhimanaayo, so it is qalad qalad ku sax.

Laakiinse we were here, afka leerineynay markee waxaas dhacayaan, about the illegal renditions, some of us even denying that to taking place in those regions. Dadkaas la dhiibaayo, Xabashada loo dhiibaayo oo God knows waxa lagu sameynaayo, dadkaas dad ee ka dhasheen, they are not xoolo la iska iloowaayo.

I can understand your very grieving reactions and outbursts now. I also understand the universal condemnations of those suicide bombs -- and no sane Soomaali is condoning them. We are all against whoever committed those attacks. Nevertheless, one should not blind to overlook what is taking place overall in our country. It is a fact, what happens in one place affects other places. Soomaali ma kala maarmaan, si walba kuwa u jecelyihiin inay kala fogeeyaan.

However, again a question: Why this unrestrained reaction, which was not shown as a reaction toward waxyaabihii kale ee ka dhacay ama ka dhacaayo dalkeena? Where was this outburst reaction then? Some were even saying nama quseyso, some worse. Some quotations you quoted deals with that, and it is very plausible reaction and one needs to understand that.

It leads into dangerous territories if dadka ka hadlo waxaan prompty is silenced, those who try to see from the side of what led to these attacks, what caused them. Don't be like Bush's regime in days following 9/11, which sought no questions asked of what led to that events. That would otherwise be blindness.

The only thing Soomaali dhibaatadaan ugu bixi karaan is inay isku imaadaan, iskaashadaan, iscafiyaan, midowaan, isbiirsadaan. Inay Xabashi isku dhiibaan, inay walaalahooda u dhiibaan, inay dhagaha iyo indhaha ka qabsadaan waxyaabaha ku dhacaayo walaalahooda, taas ma soconeyso. Taas leads what the unfortunate tragic that happened shaley.

Inta masaakiin maato aan waxba galabsan qaraxyadaan ku geeriyootay Eebbaheena ha u naxariisto, intii kale ku dhaawactayna Eebba ha caafiyo -- aamiin, aamiin.

Inta masaakiin aan waxba galabsan, only because they belong wrong ideology, hail from wrong regions, speak wrong dialects Xabashada loo dhiibaayo in daily basis, dadkaasna Eebba haka qabto walaalahooda Soomaalida la sheeganaayo saas u geysanaayo -- aamiin, aamiin.

Runta hadii la sheego, somaali waa dad is neceb from konfuurta to waqooyi. Personally, when I heard the story of hargeisa being bombed, I did not care much because it did not affect me or my family. Of course, I felt bad for the death of innocents to a degree, as much as I would if it happened anywhere else in africa. But the bossaso bombings did, and I think for most that's how most somali's feel.

For most somali's , the nationalist rhetoric is only spewed when their corner of somalia is being ravaged or when there is agenda they are pushing, hence the careless attitude of posters in the politics section.

Also, I think for the most part chaos has been synonymous with the south, so when suicide bombings or some other tragic event usually caused by al shabab moreyaan deviant terrorists, occurs in the south, it's not as shocking because it's been happening for years now. While northern cities have had a semblance of peace.

Fabregas   

^^ Some people start to nationalisticaly wail when there is an attack on their country, I mean tuulos( and I say to every that loves their region to the point of reverence on the bolitik section).

@Roobleh, those comments are hardly suprising given the state SOmalis find themselves in. I've heard SOmalilanders(whatever that means) say worser things.

Oz   

I heard "those who live in the West are far more worse than those who live in the Homeland".

Now I understand what it means

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Oz:

I heard "those who live in the West are far more worse than those who live in the Homeland".

Now I understand what it means

Couldn't agree with you more.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by roobleh:

Fourteen shameful responses to a post dedicated to a current Somali tragedy:

6. "Hundreds are dying in Mogdisho's Bakaara market on a daily basis."

-so what? mine are also dying.

7. "For how long, will trade in innocent people be allowed to continue?"

-they deserve this.

These are mine and there is nothing shameful about them. Not even after you take them out of context. They become shameful only when you add you add your conjectures. I think your action is more shameful.

Malika   

It's all in the matter of interpretation.. How roobleh is interpreting these quotes isn't necessary the meaning nor the intention of the posters[he will have to be super human to know what is in the hearts of those whom posted]

I am with Ngonge here,this is just emotional driven talk! stuff and nonsense.

Ms DD   

Misleading interpretations. No one deserve this. Shame on you Roobleh for even suggesting it.

Almost everybody condemned the killings but they also reminded us what is happening in the rest of the country. That doesnt say "yep, you deserve it". Try again my dear.

Ibtisam   

Yad yad ya. I agree with Ngonge. [suprise I know] But seriously there is no way of knowing and I think it does not matter either way. He who wishs evil on people, evil will visit him.

First of all, ilahaay ha unaxariso dadki garaxyadda ku dhintay.

Secondly, this series of bombings proved that Somalis have no sense of feeling to kill their brothers and sisters.

Finally some of the comments of SOLers after these attacks, proved to me what I had known a long time ago. And that is that Somalis where ever they may be will only care if something happens to their city or region - something Protocol mentioned. Also, I admit that although I was generally concerned about the trouble in the south for a long time, however it really hit me hardest me when I heard Hargeisa was attacked with bombs.

So I would say that we (Somalis) should forget about the dream of Somaliweyn, because it was only a crazy dream that caused many lost lives. So we should all go our seperate ways because reer waqooyidda, reer bariga, reer koonfurka, reer galbeedka(somali galbeed) and even reer galbeedka(europe, america etc.) isma fahmaan.

8. "it was only a matter of time chaos was gonna reach the North."

-let the chaos spread.

I totally disagree with this response, as it condones these attacks. It is these kind of comments which make me wish Somaliland was an independent state.

4. "...There is price to pay for disloyalty and more importanly watching the suffering of your fellow Muslims while not lifting a finger."

Somalis never help each other when in need i.e. Somaliland in 1988 needed help from their brothers(both Muslim and Somali) but didn't receive any. So don't only accuse Somaliland of this when all Somalis are the same in that sense.