Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

skin bleaching!!! Big or Lil problem.

i had shock the other day! i visited a northen state during the spring break. i ran into this!

a sista white on top and black on the bottom! really, it was amazing! i just couldnt believe it till i was even shown the chemical!! what freaking horror! being from a city with few bros/sistas, i just never came across this gross, freak of nature abuse! i am horrified about the end of result of it and how wide spread its.

hit me back africans!

Mujahida   

I really believe that acts like that are a DisGrace. It’s very sad and disappointing especially when you realize that it exists even among Us Muslims. :rolleyes:

However, many people nowadays are bleaching their skin. Why do they want to do that? Is fairer skin really more appealing than darker skin???

Is it really worthwhile to risk the high chances of causing damage to our precious skin in exchange for our perceived view of beauty???

Rudy I can tell you what the End Results will be:

It's Cancer. So for those that consider bleaching their skin.Your dignity and your Value as a Human being is that YOU are YOU. Natural as god has created you and if you don't Realise that being NATURAL itself is Being Beautiful. Than u best believe that what you call being Beautiful is in someone else's Hands and words.

If there is light in the soul, there will be beauty in the person I truly believe that. I have friends that are called Ugly by some others. I learned to see them way better than those that judged them for their looks. smile.gif If we all did that too. Than no one would dislike themselves for the way ALLAH has created them.

Wa/Salam

Allah Hafiz

Sallam caltkum

I find this sick wallahi its like they dont love their own skin like ALLAH caza wajal did a mistake and so they have 2 change it 2 correct it..Astaqfurallah wa InaaLiLLah

For me itz mo´ like "The darker the berry the sweeter the juice" but hey thatz just me.

O

u

T

N.O.R.F   

lol@darker the berry the sweeter the juice!

Its more miseducation than enything else, if these ppl dont know what the effects of it will be, then they shall keep doin it. If they dont understand what they are doing from a religious point then they shall carry on doing. Then there is thing among somalis, like it or not, about light skin girls being prettier, so these girls want to be considered pretty more than anything else!

This is a serious problem and i dont think the girls are aware of the danger..plus walaahi i dont blame them because within the somali community,you don´t hear people encouraging inner beauty or a dark girl can also be goodlooking...

Ma maqlin miyaa, dadka geber qurxan markeey tilmaamaayaan "alaa,gebertoo qurxan oo cad oone dheer aan maanta soo arkey".

shyhem   

Rudy

Y should u be worried about anything that doesn't belong to you.

Bleach or no bleach thats her body,let her do whatever she wants,it ain't like any girl will come to u and ask u "rudy should i or should i not bleach my boobs?

Good Topic Rudy

This is a very important issue which needs to be addressed, It's sad how somalia's define beauty,ur light skin..that's it ur beautiful :( A stupid theory indeed

what these people need to understand is that the description of beauty changes from one person to another, There is no one who's ugly dark skin or light skin...

How dangerous is bleaching?? extremely dangerous maybe not in the short run but without a shred of doubt in the long run!

LadyMo   

I completely agree wiv Northerner its bout lack of education and ignorance to a certain extend coz it doesnt take a scientist to figure out dat bleach is bad for ur sensitive facial skin!

Hav u guys eva read de back of normal household detergents I mean even washin up liquid states dat u shud avoid prolonged contact wiv it and dat u shud wash ur hands properly after use now imagine bleach! :eek:

There's nuttin wrong w/ cleansing yourself but the extremes my fellow sisters take is beyond insanity. Allah gaved us a pure natural color that others wish to have and we go and abuse that ish like it's nothing, wsup with that? As though, being lighter means more beautiful...shout..since when did you see a white person without a tan...since they too are tryna be like something they aint..so why you tryna and be like em when in fact they dont wanna be themselves,,someone explain that analogy to me please. Well all i can say is, lets preserve our true colors cuz once you go white you nava come back to your beautful licious black self. Think twice before you're skin developes some sort of skin cancer...

LadyMo   

Brown_Sugah I agree I think the phrase

"The Grass is always greener on de other side"(unknown) comes in quite handy!

Shyhem...why u always got some smart to say huh....if u don't have some nice to say or some good comments then keep it to urself....what u sais was kinda rude bro....

ps.. i do agree with all y'all sistas sai...peace

Kool_Kat   

War ha is cadeeyaanaa sheegtee, diirkana ha iska qaadaan...Who cares, they're the ones who're gonna look like ghost or they have some sort of skin disease...Shoo...

War anoo cad ee wexey igu qasbooyaan in aan isasii cadeeyo...Cuz everyone is like as light as me or even lighter...Naabal maxey marsadaan...

But on a serious note though, I don't see anything wrong with it as long as they can get away with...But don't come to me with waji cad iyo lugo ama gacmo madow...For God's sake, put the cream all ova your body, stop being greedy...uff...

I know this chick, walaahay she's been using skin whiteners for as long as I can remember, and now, I swear you could see all of her vains...UKKKK, wajigeeda dhan, wax yar yar oo cagaar ah aa kabuuxo, xididadeeda dhan aa ujeedaa...That's sickening...