Sign in to follow this  
zynab

four eyed geek

nafta   

I don't wear my glasses because I loathe them with a passion...you would too if you saw them...round shape with black rimmed frame. And I don't want contacts since I'll probably poke my whole eye inwards trying to get them in.

So now I'm going blind, So bad that people have started complaining that I ignore them on the street. I keep saying I didn't see them (which I didn't), but after a while it's starts to sound like a badly rehearsed excuse

ah well

Senora   

Too add on to what Hibo said, its all about picking the right frames for your face. For the rest of you, upset about your glasses, here are tips that should help you!

Round

A round face has curvilinear lines with the width and length in the same proportions and no angles. To make the face appear thinner and longer, try angular narrow eyeglass frames to lengthen the face, a clear bridge that widens the eyes and frames that are wider than they are deep, such as a rectangular shape.

face-1-round-80x80.jpg

Oval

The oval face is considered to be the ideal shape because of its balanced proportions. To keep the oval's natural balance, look for eyeglass frames that are as wide as (or wider than) the broadest part of the face, or walnut-shaped frames that are not too deep or too narrow.

face-1-oval-80x80.jpg

Oblong

The oblong face is longer than it is wide and has a long straight cheek line and sometimes a longish nose. To make the face appear shorter and more balanced, try frames that have a top-to-bottom depth, decorative or contrasting temples that add width to the face or a low bridge to shorten the nose.

face-1-oblong-80x80.jpg

Base-Down Triangle

The triangular face has a narrow forehead that widens at the cheek and chin areas. To add width and emphasize the narrow upper third of the face, try frames that are heavily accented with color and detailing on the top half or cat-eye shapes.

face-1-basedown-80x80.jpg

Base-Up Triangle

This face has a very wide top third and small bottom third. To minimize the width of the top of the face, try frames that are wider at the bottom, very light colors and materials, and rimless frame styles (which have a light, airy effect because the lenses are simply held in place to the temples by a few screws).

face-1-baseup-80x80.jpg

Diamond

Diamond-shaped faces are narrow at the eye line and jawline, and cheekbones are often high and dramatic. This is the rarest face shape. To highlight the eyes and bring out the cheekbones, try frames that have detailing or distinctive brow lines, or try rimless frames or oval and cat-eye shapes.

face-1-diamond-80x80.jpg

Square

A square face has a strong jaw line and a broad forehead, plus the width and length are in the same proportions. To make the square face look longer and soften the angles, try narrow frame styles, frames that have more width than depth and narrow ovals.

face-1-square-80x80.jpg

Source http://www.allaboutvision.com/eyeglasses/eyeglasses_shape_color_analysis.htm

P.S. Hear Hear! @ Blessed

Blessed   

^ ;)

Originally posted by besbaaso:

lol....seems someone is protesting a little much....if that is how u feel ...am sure it has more to do with u than the four eyed geeks.... :rolleyes:

*woosh* If I wasn't on the silly but proud blond mode. I'd perhaps understand psycho-analyses or why it was given icon_razz.gif