Sign in to follow this  
zynab

four eyed geek

zynab   

salaam sisters

wearing hijab and glasses is one look that i hate, i don't know why but i am thinking of getting contacts but the thought of putting things in my eye makes me a little scared. the other thing by getting contacts it's like saying i don't have much confinderence in my look which i think is pretty ****** .

when i wear hijab only i have more self steem then when i am not wearing it, these days i only whear glasses when i am driving or in a lecture, but recently i have decided that i need to do something about it, because in the long term i am hurting my eyes.

Kruella   

If you want to get contacts, they're the best alternative to glasses, but unfortunately it's not for everyone. It takes a while to get use to it, for the discomfort to go away and to master the art of putting them on without losing them. Ask your optometrist for details. Glasses and Hijab will look good on anyone, of course depending on the type of glasses, if it fits your face, shape, color, size and so forth. Sister, don’t compromise you eyesight and your well being on looks, it’s better for you to find solutions because going around half blind isn’t an option. Best of Luck!

Salam

Pucca   

visit your optical and check out the variety of glasses. Frame change might be all you need...

hot frames+hijab = killer look,sophicated too

STOIC   

I am a nearsighted creature who hates his glasses with passion but can't do anything about it.Them glasses makes me look old.I have love-hate relationship with it.Contact lenses are not comfortable if you didn't get used to it and plus they always leave tiny cuts in your eyes because of the friction(not a big cut that leave scars).I will advise you to give it a try,if it doesn't work stick with your glasses than loosing your eyesight!.Did any one tried Lasik surgery that they advertise lately?-let me know folks!.

lol   

Zynab: I am an expert with glasses sis, trust me I know what suits which face and all.. plus it also depends on ur budget... try the designer glasses they r fabulous, I have Chanel and believe me I love them.. Now I am fetching a Cartier... I also do wear hijab, they look exquisite together .. maybe u r wearing the wrong glasses... send me ur pic and I will send u pictures of glasses dat i think will look nice on u...

I have studied glasses n their shapes for 14 yrs.. I know wat I am talking about believe me :D

Qac Qaac   

ar hiboo naga qabta.. maxaa tire expert aan ku ahay aa loool.. abaydiis zaynab i would say put ur glasses on all the time.... although i myself don't wear it all the time.. but this is ur eyes.. anything is better than going blind.. so wear it..and after some time u would look good with it..

p.s. maxaa waaye waxaan aan maqlaayo, uma maleenayo in aan ku qurxoonahay.. who cares about qurux.. indhihiiba aa ku dhici rabee..

Pujah   

zynab wear contacts sis, glasses are so yesterday....also think about lazer surgery lol...walaahi i hate glasses like there is no tomorow if mine weren't for reading only i would have gotten contacts

good luck

I suggest you try the daily lenses. They are super soft and low maintainance - thats what I use.

Prolonged use of contact lenses can cause re-occurring infections if you're not a very clean person.

Prescription glasses are ugly - designer or not, hijabed or not. redface.gif

o0o   

I don't wear glasses but I use to wear colour contacts, they were way too uncomfortable. I have mates who wear glasses + hijab and I reckon it makes them look smart. :D

lol   

Athena, I guess u r one of those sisters with no nose dee :D Just kidding don't u dare hit me with ur lug, I know u kick like a damn dameer :D

QacQaac: Balaayada baas hadii aad xerantahay 15 yrs daniba in aad qatar ku noqoto waa kugu kalifeysaa

For The record I would never advice someone to do Laser eye surgery, I saw on 60 minutes what happens when the surgery goes bad. Believe me irreversible blindness or cross eyed... and there is 1% chance dat might happen.

Its ur choice.

Bess.   

I can't explain to u the joy that contacts have brought me, there are so many different contacts....the color ones are just hideous, but u should try the two weekly ones, they are easy to maintain, u just wear them, wash them with saline solution and replace them every 2 weeks and u don't have to worry about glasses and they are so easy to put on after the 1st 2 times......just takes practice....and then no more glasses....although i luv my glasses they give me that hard to approach look.... ;)

La-y-La   

I hate glasses,never liked them. My vision went really bad in h.school, but I knew Iwouldnt wear glasses, so I got me contacts. ever since then, i havent wornglasses.

I use contacts that I away every two weeks, kinda annoying sometimes, but madax xanuunkii glases waan ka reste.

asalaamu aleykum..