Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali's and the caste issue in marriage

But Midka ay dhahaan secessioner lord Ayoub, kaa waa mid loo fiirsado, waayo Dukey haduu gabadh niga soo doonto oo hadana laagu waco clannist, waxaas masuurto galayaan, Waayoo, hadduu clannist yahey, why uu gabadh nigasoo doonanaa??

10 gabdhood oo cida eh aa Garoowe u joogto, 4 oo bahda yey eh, ee please refrain from attacking individuals, instead, why not stage another event about secession, that ought to keep you busy?

Its funny how the secessionists seem to be most angry in this thread? Why is that.. :D

The peace process has failed, its back to the usual SOL trench warfare, no one can blame me i tried for peace, but one can not reason with secessionists..

Comparing AYOUB & Tuujiye is like comparing light and day. Tuujiye is a class act, a man I have never had any issues with. AYOUB is my secessionist brother who jumps everytime he hears the name Duke..

What Ibti is saying is accurate.

Intermarriage between main clans is still thorny let alone marrying beelaha la yaso. The Somali community is still ignorant when it comes to this issue.

Many families (including many relatives of mine) don’t easily approve men from any other clan marrying their daughters. As far as I have seen myself, it is always an ideological scuffle between daughter and family on such issue. I, myself, have witnessed innumerable “daughter hebla married belaayo iyo reer hebel” excuse right here in North America. The absurd sense of arrogance that still thrives in our communities has no bounds.

In the older days, it was even worse. When I was a kid, my mother’s aunty (she was very young) wanted to marry a man from Somaliland’s main clan. From what my uncles told me, this man and ayeeyo went through “misery and hell” as everyone glared up with a sour taste of disapproval. There was nothing eccentric about the man for he was a very pleasant, pious and cultured man who met the criterion essential for a typical parental consent. My Ayeyo ultimately married the man she loved, moved to Somaliland and had many children for him. The only grounds given for the condemnation at the time was the “shisheeye, isma-guursano, ma nin kaley wayday” card, the sort of thing that would mind-boggle this generation of ours.

There is a glimmer of hope that things are changing for the better, but for the most part, this tradition is still alive in many of the communities I am familiar with.

Tuujiye   

Libaaxa runtaa weeyaan saaxiib..

Saaxiib what worries the most is not that this backward thinking being practiced in our communities today, but the fact is being practiced by younger generations in their early 20’s and 30’s saaxiib!! This is a sad case if you think about it.

We lost our country because of diseases as such and instead of learning from it we are continuing to spread the disease and pass it on to the next generation. I witnessed some of my friends who went thru this qabiil war game and it has changed them and their lives for ever. I just wish we looked at things from a bigger picture and not just a tunnel vision….

General Duke, Much respect boss...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Kool_Kat   

Waraa Tuujiye cut the BS nooh! Had I known any better, uusana jaceyl iqaadi leheen waagaan yaraa (caku iyo wadnaheyga doqonka ah), I would've married someone from my clan, specially jilibkeyga, kabana sii fiican haduu lafteyda yahay...Maxaaba quuq iyo qaaq keenaayo!

Qabiilnimo hadaan Soomaali nahay for generations to come nagama dhamaneyso...

I don't why, but for some reason girls that do not belong in our qabiil find my qabiil attractive. their parents even celebrates that their daughter hit the jackpot for marring one of our guys. I mean come on who wouldn't like to have a piece of us. after all we have been your madex for 21 years :D

Iga raali ahaada xoogaa baan faanayaaye. :D

Kool_Kat   

Duceysane, for some odd reason maah maahda 'nin is faanshay waa ri' is nuugtay' comes to mind! :D Ar Aabe Siyaad dhiniciisa maa kataagan tahay? Sorry to say this, but Aabe Siyaad was the only hottest thing to hit dhinicina, ee bahasha noo kala yaree... icon_razz.gif

LAAKIIN, anaga cidaheena (nin walaa naag) qofkii hela, hade waa Cabdirashiid Cali Sharma'arke dhinaciisa yaah, salaatu shukri in latukadaa dhacdo adna jackpot baa ka hadli...

Fu-fu, reer Puntland mafaanan, ee runtooda badan bey others-ka faan uqaataan... ;)

Duke, stylekeyga dee waa midaan dhaxal uleenahay dhic kasta aan kasocono, be it from Adeer A. Yusuf or Adeer A. Sharma'arke... :cool:

Faan igama aha

^ Aabe Siyaad kaliyaa? ma la isku dheelaa KK waxa laga hadloyaa characteristic-ga ciddan reer Sheekh Sadeh oo dhan ayaanba caadi ahayn :D ta kale Salatu shukri ku lahaa! rashin baan cunaya hadda ee ha inac siin bal xoggaa xayeeysiin geli halkaa almeno Ducaysane ayad mooda inu runta kaaga dhowyahay :D:D