Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali's and the caste issue in marriage

NGONGE   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^I did not expect reer Burco to tell us we could not marry their girls, which we have been doing for a century or so.
:D

Of course you have. That is NOT the point, saaxib. Pay attention now. :D

Nehanda   

Sherban- I believe Jareer is an epithet used to demean certain somali groups due to their features. As far as I am aware they are Somalis and yes many would consider marying them.

With regard, to the minority clan issue, it is nonsense, trivial and ridiculous. There are bigger things to worry about.

BUKURR   

Interesting topic to read smile.gif

Unna meele kurooraanne, let the nobles fight each other, am satisfied with mine and never singled out no one.

Cabdow   

I think we can all talk the talk, but can we walk the walk (intermarriage) is the million dollar ???

In my humble opinion i think we can! How you might ask? The answer is simple, which is to 'Practice the Diin before the Dhaqan'

RedSea   

There is one thing that ever crossed my mind when I was considering. Is she hot, her work ethic and how is her personality/dabeecad. Her qabiil was never an issue. I think the girls of today are all good bet, because most of them aren't political, so they wouldn't know what Somaliland/puntland/Somalia were exactly. They just dont give rat *** about all that. That is from personal perspective.

Rahima   

In threads like this you learn a lot about people;)

Qabiil (or its pseudonym region) has never been an issue for me, hence why my husband and I are as different as they come. What matters is how strongly they value their qabiil and/or dhaqan- too strongly and a no no.

NGONGE, you've got to be kidding right? Are you actually trying to argue that Islam allows for discrimination based on qabiil?