Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

'Miss Hezbollah' crowned Miss USA: 1st Arab to win the Miss USA Pageant

On Sunday, May 16th, 2010, The Miss USA Pageant crowned its first ever 'immigrant' and a lebanese-American beauty representing the state of Michigan. Rima Fakih is only 24 years old and was crowned Miss Michigan just last year. Controversy is brewing and some are questioning the choice to crown an arab-american for the Miss USA title. Daniel Pipes accused the pageant judges of political correctness and some right wingers followed his lead, coming up with colorful names, some going as far as calling her "Miss Hezbollah". Get it, lebanon, hezbollah? Duh....

As for me, I did not get a chance to watch the event on tv, not that I watch this type of programming but I have to say, looking at her pictures, she is a beauty and deserves to win as much as the next woman.

Pictures of Rima Fakih

gallery_photo1273132184michigan.jpg

nuune   
Leezi-Gaal, please naagtan lafaheeda iga qari, qaneecaad beeshada qundhuurta qoodaarsan leh.

BUKURR   

^^ Fiiri adiina tuujiye ookale maa noqonoysaa, gaal koye, na dhaaf arriirkiis, quruxda qaliiran aan iska fiirsane redface.gif

But she might build a minaret with the money if she wins. Not acceptable Lazy.

No money involved, just scholarship, wardrobe and living space during her year long gig as the Miss USA winner, says the pageant rules. So, you see how this is non-issue?

She is reported to be a college graduate who is planning on attending law school after her duties with the pageant organization is complete.

PS: Nuune, lower your gaze ;)

Pss: Just recently there was a controversy surrounding the pageant and it was about that picture(lingerie pose of the contestants), it was very seductive and critics blamed the Donald for pimping out the girls.

nuune   

Originally posted by NNC:

seexinaayo dadkaan markaad tustid this pic
:D
!

Deeqa kuuseey kuntuwaareey, dadkaan yaa seexin lahaa hee adigiiba hadaad dhagaha gashatey sagatuuro cirbad la eg, almiino anaa seexinaayo dheh wixii hurdada diidey, hadhowna wax toosiya hadii la waayo isla adiga unbaana masuul ka ah, kuuseey kurtun badan allow yaa kadabshiir kaaga xiro lugaha hakugu hunqaacee.

Layzie-Gaal, lool, hadaa tiri saas waa hagaag, ee qoftaan aan hada la hadlaayay kor idinkaa is fahmeesaanee seeto ama ceego la seexo :D