Suldaanka

The mother of 'Federal Government" as it is known, wants to disown her child

I am amazed by the sheer stupidity, naivety and outright buffoonery of Puntland detractors on SOL. šŸ˜

Puntland is Somalia and Somalia is Puntland. Now how hard can that be, eh!

Puntland shall never stoop to the level of nor join the ranks of the hapless and inconsequential. Somalilanders of the north who for the last 30 years or so been bleating about like deranged mooncalves aboutĀ secession and have nothing to show for it.

You daft S.O.Bs need to know is that Puntland has set Somalia on an irreversible course and by God you dimwits will be dragged along kicking and screaming until a united, strong and federal republic is fully realized. Donā€™t let the petty sideshow of Somali politics fool you into believing anything else.

Forewarned is forearmed, right? šŸ‘

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1

Dhaqaale   
1 hour ago, Tillamook said:

I am amazed by the sheer stupidity, naivety and outright buffoonery of Puntland detractors on SOL. šŸ˜

Puntland shall never stoop to the level of nor join the ranks of the hapless and inconsequential. Somalilanders of the north who for the last 30 years or so been bleating about like deranged mooncalves aboutĀ secession and have nothing to show for it.

You daft S.O.Bs need to know is that Puntland has set Somalia on an irreversible course and by God you dimwits will be dragged along kicking and screaming until a united, strong and federal republic is fully realized. Donā€™t let the petty sideshow of Somali politics fool you into believing anything else.

Ā 

Ā 

I tried to explain this to the bushmen of the north aka Somaliland about the strong Somali nationalism of Puntland but alas they are not use to working for the greater good only their own selfish small minded ends as you have so elegantly pointed out.

7 hours ago, Tillamook said:

Ā 

Ā 

Somalis are emotional bunch. You triggered Oodweyne into writing a term paper.

Oodka,

Our Pirateland folks on SOL are putting up on the usual brave face.Ā  They know the Cheeseman without much of an effort at all is destroying the 'Clan Federalism' that the Pirateboys championed for so long.Ā 

If Cheeseman is able to single handedly put a big question mark on the viability of the clan fiefdoms, then I have to say the Pirateboy will have very little chance if a strong leader with a Centralist agenda assumes power in Mogadishu, specially one from theĀ  More-yaan group.

With failing economy, shrinking influence and most importantly deteriorating security, Pirateland is watching & waiting for the perfect storm forming. It is inevitable that Pirateland will either do something silly i.e. try to follow Somaliland. Or succumb to the forces from Mogadishu. They are between a rock and a hardplace.Ā 

Ā 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Haatu   
On 2/7/2020 at 7:32 PM, Che -Guevara said:

Don't confuse oligarchs with the people.

When speaking about politics, no one ever intends the mindless masses who just do what they're told. What we're discussing are the positions and beliefs of the elite who run the show. And call me cynical, but I believe the NE elite to be closet seccionists. Their idea of unity is sharing a passport and that's it. They are more contemptible in my eyes than the rabid snm.Ā 

Apophis   
40 minutes ago, Haatu said:

When speaking about politics, no one ever intends the mindless masses who just do what they're told. What we're discussing are the positions and beliefs of the elite who run the show. And call me cynical, but I believe the NE elite to be closet seccionists. Their idea of unity is sharing a passport and that's it. They are more contemptible in my eyes than the rabid snm.Ā 

What is wrong with just sharing a passport or a loose confederation? What is wrong with being like the UAE?

A UEA type union is much more preferably than a system where a wannabe dictator like Farmajo can rise to misrule and kill all opposed to him.

decentralisation should always be welcomed.

Ā 

Haatu   
20 hours ago, Apophis said:

What is wrong with just sharing a passport or a loose confederation? What is wrong with being like the UAE?

A UEA type union is much more preferably than a system where a wannabe dictator like Farmajo can rise to misrule and kill all opposed to him.

decentralisation should always be welcomed.

Ā 

A confederation in the Somali context is one step away from balkanization. No sane person who has any interest in Somali unity would advocate for it.

Haatu   
20 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Haatu,

Saaxiib, I will pass it over in hurry just so that I will not notice that such needling words, like "rabid", is what you have described us in Somaliland. For I shall afford you benefit of the doubt, at least this time around. Or perhaps, I shall "assigned" that to be the sole product from a slip of the tongue. And therefore it was not intended by you to be "malicious" as it first reads it from the screen (as it were).

But I must say what we as the SNM's folks, or Somaliland in general, are known for is not an "act of cowardice" from our objective, be it political or be it historical. Or at least we don't try to "hide" that in plain sight.Ā 

The other night you call this "is-faanis" on my part, as if I was "flattering" my people. And I took exception to that. Which was when I said to you, rather heatedly, that we in Somaliland, actually, have "no-two-face-approach-to-things", particularly if they matter to us. And we, moreover, call things as we see them, regardless of how that may be unpleasant to some folks.

Hence in here let me say that what the political elites of Pirate-land currently lack, and they have lacked ever since 1991, and again they lacked as far back as inĀ 1998 which was when they have created their current state, was the "courage" to be true to their "innate political interests", come what may. As much we in Somaliland were always and forever be so "unbendingly truthful" to our "political agenda". And that was the case with us fromĀ the first get-go of 1991. And it's still the case with us in Somaliland even now in 2020,Ā come hell or high-water.Ā 

That is difference.

There is nothing malicious intended. I wish the people of Somaliland nothing but good and harbour no ill-will towards them. However, I must repeat to you what I said toĀ Che. When discussing politics, I intend not the mindless masses who simply do as they're told, but rather the elite that controlĀ them. I don't believe in fanciful notions such as 'the people's will' or 'sovereignty for the people'. The 'will of the public'Ā can be and is engineered by the elite the world over. Having lived through Brexit Britain I am sure you are well aware of that. In Somaliland's context, the eliteĀ means the SNM and their remnants, and my dislike for the SNM and their politics should come as no surprise to you. I fully believe that after the jidbo of theĀ 1960sĀ died down, the SNM elite came to a realisation that the qabyaalad of the South was such that they would forever be denied the top job. They then realised how naive they had been to surrender their 'sovereignty' to the South condition-free. The outcome of such a realisation was that from the get-go, the struggle of the SNM was all aboutĀ secession so they could at last sit on the top seat. MSB's atrocities just added fuel to the fire but the initial objective was there all along.

I can't hate them for that, for after all nin rag ah weligii wuxuu ku taamaa siduu wax u maamuli lahaa. But as a believer of Soomaaliweyn, secession in any guise is inimical to my worldview, hence why I find it contemptible. But at least I respect the SNM for having the courage to make apparent what they truly desire. However, I reserve my real contempt for those who lack the courage to make their true intentions apparent and instead spend every waking breath sabotaging the re-emergence of a strong Somali state. Hadday warkooda caddayn lahaayeen, mar horaa laga tashan lahaa and the rest of the South would have moved forward. But this useless dastuur and federalism have been the prime weapons with which the oligarchs of NE have used to sabotage the Central Government. I am glad we finally have an administration in Xamar that is hellbent on addressing the root cause of the constitutional crisis in the country and may Allah be with them.

Apophis   
6 hours ago, Haatu said:

A confederation in the Somali context is one step away from balkanization. No sane person who has any interest in Somali unity would advocate for it.

Somalia is in a real sense balkanised today thanks to ā€œSomali unityā€ advocates.

Maybe it is time for everyone to go their own way. I for one would like to live in a country where unrepentant kacanist like Galbedi and Farmajo can come to power and implant their nazi like ideology.

Let them do that in their own villages.

A piece of advice to those who want Somalia unity coast to coast, yet are dead set to hate Puntland for bringing Federalism.

In your haste to curse and cuss Puntland you forget a small actually very big example of history that is given free of charge from neighbor Ethiopia.

Eritreans fought 30 years to separate from Ethiopia.

It looked so hopeless they agreed for Confederation.

Among all the groups in Ethiopia Afar, Somali, Oromo, Sidama...liberation fronts one has a key to Eritrea.

Tigray was the Key. Historically its the original Xabesha, Original Christian, Original Islam. Geostartegically is located between Ethiopia and Eritrea. Population wise it shares either blood or long common identity with 90% population in Eritrea.

Once Tigray decided enough of war, let the Eritreans vote and if they decide to separate let them go.

It was game over. The Amxara cried shouted cursed and cussed the most.

Tigray answer was simple: If you Amxara think you are men, here is the gun go fight Eritrea and keep it by force in Ethiopia. Not a single person tried not even few friends group. Game over.

See the uncanny similarity?

Somali nationalists should bear gifts to Puntland, "pray" for Puntlands peace and prosperity and give Puntland even extra space in Somalia power structure.

If Puntland gets fed up with the status quo and the statusquo becomes costly yet no return. The choice is clear.

Not Somaliland, but Puntland will be forced to call for Somaliland referndum. Then it will be all over.
  • Like 1