Sign in to follow this  
Sir-Qalbi-Adeyg

Documentaries corner

Urban   

I love this website, (thanks to 'Marx' for posting a link to it a while ago) but i've been having problems with it lately. It stops buffering after a minute of the video playing.

The September Issue, anyone?

I'm only joking.

Capitalism: A Love Story looks very interesting, the documentaries I usually watch are about long dead people, scientific discoveries or animals.

My favourite documentary? 37 Uses For a Dead Sheep (2006).

Dancing With The Devil

With unprecedented access to Rio de Janeiro's dangerous backstreets, Oscar-winning filmmaker Jon Blair provides an unflinching look at one of the bloodiest urban conflicts in the world, which leaves more than 1,000 people dead each year.

What has previously only been portrayed in fictional films like the famous City of God is now on screen and for real, as Blair follows the lives of three very different men.

'Spiderman', a 28-year-old drug lord, patrols the shadowy streets of Coréia, the sprawling favela he controls.

Inspector Leonardo Torres, a muscle-bound cop from Rio's drug squad, inches through the alleys of another shanty town, pursuing dealers and dodging bullets.

And Pastor Dione dos Santos, a reformed gangster turned evangelical preacher, trawls the slums looking for souls to be saved on his quest to broker peace among all parties and end the city's drug conflict.