Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Homeless man, Adan Abobaker plunges into icy Thames to save woman from drowning

N.O.R.F   

Saving a life is a narrow definition of a hero? Mise its a case of him being homeless and, according to you a drunk and you can't imagine a man like that getting more praise and recognition than you? Waar fish and chips baad tahay.

JB, ninkan miyiga geeya and leave him there for a couple of months. Hargaisa hasn't had the desired effect yet.

Abtigiis   

Ngonge,

Salaams saaxib! Salaan kashka iyo laabta ka soo go'day iga guddon! :D

Laakin, meeshan way sii waalatay. Why is what he is and whether he is a drunk an issue here? I was so proud of him that I shared the link with my collegues at the office in an e-mail with the title : AND WHY NOT SAY WHERE HE IS FROM?

So far only one feedback. A pakistani guy is joking "because this is the first time a Somali saved anyone, ...you only kill; so the media doesn't want to kill the wrong impression when it is an anomaly." :D

Xaaji - send that pakistani the following story and say that you understand where he is coming from :D

A man is taking a walk in Central park in New York. Suddenly he sees a little girl being attacked by a big dog. He runs over and starts fighting with the dog. He succeeds in killing the dog and saving the girl's life.A policeman who was watching the scene walks over and says "You are a hero, tomorrow you can read it in all the newspapers "Brave New Yorker saves the life of little girl"The man says - "But I am not a New Yorker!""Oh then it will say in newspapers in the morning "Brave American saves life of little girl'" - the policeman answers."But I am not an American!" - says the man. "Oh, what are you then?" The man says - "I am a Pakistani!" The next day the newspapers prints headline "Islamic extremist kills American dog. Connections to terrorist networks are being investigated"

Horta the guy is not homeless as per say, the media needs to portray it as such to sell the story, he lives in a hostel where is awaiting to be housed, which is a common process everyone who wants social housing goes through in this country, and he works as a chef as was stated in the story, so technically he is your average londernor.

Blondy i don't doupt his herosim at all, what he did is noble and was righly lauded by the media, but we ( as in the Somali comm ) need to milk it too much.

Some of u people are heartless, this guy put his live on the line to rescue a total stranger. Karma is a B*tch. Hope it's never u who might need a rescuing someday.

Originally posted by N.O.R.F:

Saving a life is a narrow definition of a hero? Mise its a case of him being homeless and, according to you a drunk and you can't imagine a man like that getting more praise and recognition than you? Waar fish and chips baad tahay.

JB, ninkan miyiga geeya and leave him there for a couple of months. Hargaisa hasn't had the desired effect yet.

NORF,

lol@desired effect!

i ought to slap you repeatedly with a dead fish.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Al-Haji Abtigiis & Tolka:

Ngonge,

Salaams saaxib! Salaan kashka iyo laabta ka soo go'day iga guddon!
:D

Laakin, meeshan way sii waalatay. Why is what he is and whether he is a drunk an issue here? I was so proud of him that I shared the link with my collegues at the office in an e-mail with the title :
AND WHY NOT SAY WHERE HE IS FROM?

So far only one feedback. A pakistani guy is joking "because this is the first time a Somali saved anyone, ...you only kill; so the media doesn't want to kill the wrong impression when it is an anomaly."
:D

Aduunka waxan ugo necebahay salaanta noocasa, saaxib. Salaan caadi maxaa kuu diiday? Hadwoto hadi kashka ama laabta wax kaga dhacaan ayaad odhan NGONGE ayaan Salaamay. Lakin waan kaa qaaday oo mid ka sii weyn cagta iyo cidhibta ka so go'day (sida Ronaldhino) ayaan kugo jawaabay.

As for the topic. It's only an issue for Blondy, saaxib. Well, and Sayid (a little). The story itself is great. It could have said "Drunk Somali Saves Woman" and it would still not take away from his good deed (not that I think he's a drunk, as my special brew factoid shows). :D

NGONGE   

^^ Adigu keep replying to these posts and forget balanka aad ii qaaday in that other thread. icon_razz.gif

It matters that he is Somali. It will inspire us all (particularly Blondy) to jump over bridges. :D