Suldaanka

Year 2020 - an eventful year for Somaliland

YaxaaS   
31 minutes ago, Timacaddeh said:

Wow, I didnt even know this had happened!! Congratulations to the man and the company who accomplished this. @YaxaaS any idea who the Somalilander who owns this company is? must be a wealthy fellow.

I honestly dont know who he is, but he has the spirit of what we were talking about, get up and go, put your money where your mouth is and so on.  We've gone past the point of expecting the government or Dahabshiil or Indha Deero etc to do everything. Imagine the potential of that concrete plant being located perfectly for the corridor and port expansion genius! Ask not what your country can do for you and all.

YaxaaS   
33 minutes ago, Timacaddeh said:

Also, on a slightly related topic, Ina Ciddin for President of JSL, one day. That dude has made Berbera an example for all of Somaliland to follow. 

Where do i sign?

YaxaaS   
1 hour ago, Timacaddeh said:

I'm surprised how undercover it's all been done. That is a good thing, as it means no politicization of a business venture. Great work.

With the amount of constant building that is happening in Somaliland, this factory should make a killing. To your point re: the Corridor, that should mean even more revenue to be generated by this company. With that also comes further tax revenue and that is how you very quickly create a business multiplier.

I agree, but you can tell from the video the owner seems to be complaining a little about an unregulated market, in which his company is taxed and his 'competitors' (anybody with a bulldozer or two) are not.  Let’s be honest he doesn’t have any competitors (at the moment), and he probably is getting taxed more than the local upstarts which the government is trying to encourage /support, but the market does need time to mature and the vice president checked him a little by saying don’t air your laundry in public which is something we have become experts in of late!

I knew about the plant, but I wrongly assumed it belonged to the Abu Dhabi contractors who are constructing the road. One thing is for sure though; they are firing on all cylinders as the pace of the corridor construction has picked up in weeks. This company has hit the jackpot, and good for them as  fortune favours the brave. Imagine if they offered shares. Not every one has millions of dollars, but as a collective anything is possible. 

A fisheries company next in Xiis or Maydh?

Tallaabo   
13 hours ago, YaxaaS said:

I agree, but you can tell from the video the owner seems to be complaining a little about an unregulated market, in which his company is taxed and his 'competitors' (anybody with a bulldozer or two) are not.  Let’s be honest he doesn’t have any competitors (at the moment), and he probably is getting taxed more than the local upstarts which the government is trying to encourage /support, but the market does need time to mature and the vice president checked him a little by saying don’t air your laundry in public which is something we have become experts in of late!

I knew about the plant, but I wrongly assumed it belonged to the Abu Dhabi contractors who are constructing the road. One thing is for sure though; they are firing on all cylinders as the pace of the corridor construction has picked up in weeks. This company has hit the jackpot, and good for them as  fortune favours the brave. Imagine if they offered shares. Not every one has millions of dollars, but as a collective anything is possible. 

A fisheries company next in Xiis or Maydh?

This is a really good business in the right place at the right time, however it is not a cement plant which is the real deal here. A major cement plant in Berbera area together with a steel plant can do a lot to accelerate the economic growth of the country. We need to lay the foundations of strategic industries which can kick start industrialisation and economic development. These industries include the two I have already mentioned plus energy generation (the most important one now), light industries, logistics, mining, agro industries, fisheries, banking and finance, telecommunications and IT, consumer goods, travel and tourism, and hospitality. We have sufficient funds to develop all these industries but what we lack are local investment banks where the savings of our hardworking people could be put to use. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

YaxaaS   
1 hour ago, Tallaabo said:

This is a really good business in the right place at the right time, however it is not a cement plant which is the real deal here. A major cement plant in Berbera area together with a steel plant can do a lot to accelerate the economic growth of the country. We need to lay the foundations of strategic industries which can kick start industrialisation and economic development. These industries include the two I have already mentioned plus energy generation (the most important one now), light industries, logistics, mining, agro industries, fisheries, banking and finance, telecommunications and IT, consumer goods, travel and tourism, and hospitality. We have sufficient funds to develop all these industries but what we lack are local investment banks where the savings of our hardworking people could be put to use. 

Always wondered we don’t invest more in solar and wind farms across the country. This is a 7 Megawat solar farm funded by UAE in Berbera.

Still reliant on donor funding it seems. But as technology brings the cost of these solutions down should encourage small scale business people to invest. 

• Thanks 1

YaxaaS   

Somaliland should absolutely prioritise implementing postal address system, especially with the technology now available.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tallaabo said:
WWW.GOV.UK

The new agreements, supporting projects on roads, agricultural systems, water facilities and fisheries, will spur...

A number of key infrastructure that will certainly contribute the economy and most importantly will create employment and unlock opportunities. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

The deal from Djibouti is working for Sl, what did Farmaajo get? MISE.WAA laga xoqday

kkk 

Cheeseman bilo ayaa u hadhay, maxay kale ayaad ka filanaysay? :D 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 3