Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Why do Somalis dislike Arabs and are they waging war against Somalis?

If we are dealing with blanket statements, Somaalidu cid ay jecelyihiin ayaaba iska yar, walaa carab, hindi, madow or cadaan. Well, except for the Britsh maybe. And Italians. There's something uncomfortable there.

ElPunto   

^We're human beimgs - we can more readily see fault in someone else than in ourselves. As long as it isn't invalid - it's alright.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

If we are dealing with blanket statements, Somaalidu cid ay jecelyihiin ayaaba iska yar, walaa carab, hindi, madow or cadaan. Well, except for the Britsh maybe. And Italians. There's something uncomfortable there.

And in some recent cases,theres love for the Habashis icon_razz.gif

TP,I am all good & alxamdulilah, hope you had a good Ashura?

^ Polls are redundant in the Somali psyche. It's the waxaa la yidhi that matters.

FB - lol @ habashi love. I think that's fake love, otherwise known as Ku Meel Gaadh love.

To be honest Arabs are a decent people. They have no sense of self and this could perhaps explain why they hate others and act like they are better than others! Also they have a superiority-complex, only because Islam was born in Arabia. Without Islam, they are nothing more than illiterate people and fit the stereotypes that we see so often on western media. These are the people who use to bury their daughters all because of her biological sex!

Also, we need to consider what Arab means in this context, the original Arab people have become extinct! What remains are the arabised one who are actually inbreds! some people claim Somalis are arabised but i differ on this matter! We are a distinct people, neither Arab nor African! We are a unique demographic community. Most attempts to classify Somali people fail to take in account their distinct position as the interface of different cultures. We do not share any culture, language or religious practices with our fellow Black Africans. As Muslims, we worship along side our co-religionist from Asian and Arab countries, but just as we diverge from Black Africans, Somalis do not share other aspects of culture, language or dress with their co-religionist.

You could actually argue Somalis are the most superior people on Earth, our bloodline has not been diluted by the colonisers and those who have tried to conquer the Somali peninsula. If you look at a country like Sudan they have lost their indigenous cultures through Arab imperialism. Furthermore Somalis have fought of ancient Egyptians, Arab-islamo colonisers, the ottomans, the Egyptian colonisation of the 19th century and more recently the western colonials; they have all left their imprints but have not dominated and subjugated the Somali people. We are a strong people which is testimony to our homogeneity and cultural resemblance!

Chimera   

Originally posted by Haneefah:

:D
@ am I the president. Seriously, bro? Wow.

shooffff...do you know what that sound flying past your head was? My Point! You said we should focus on our own problems(as if members of this forum are not going in circles discussing it as we speak) because somehow it would change the situation on the ground. I asked you a rhetorical question: wether i was the person with the power to change? there was nothing serious about the question in itself but you should have processed it's simple meaning: people could go in circles all day long discussing the problems of their homeland and their wouldn't be the slightest change on the ground, clearly the situation is out of their hands

^All of this however is not a reason to dismiss those same individuals arguments based on their heritage or problems, as you so clearly did here in this quote: There isn't much room for a Somali to critique, is there? - when i never said i was representing Somalis in the first place but came as an individual person giving his two cents on the Arab situation!

So now I might be suffering from inferority complex because of my simple assertion that we as Somalis have our own mess to think about?

No! I theorized that you might be suffering from an inferiority complex because you feel you cannot or are not 'allowed' to enter a discussion completely unrelated to Somalia and Somalis because of the current situation there.

I gather your insinuation about my personality is perfectly accepted in the world of 'debates and discussion', eh?

A theory not a ad hominem!

Given the context, I assumed it would be rather obvious that my reference to Somalis was directed at their
state of affairs
rather than their
ethnicity
. Obviously I was mistaken.

allready explained above.

In Any case, I don't see the benefit of this triviality.

Forums are hubs for triviality, since when did they benefit anyone other than wasting some spare time?

Don't let me stop you should you wish to continue gracing us with your 'constructive' criticism for the Arab nations (
lame ducks
ka sii wad
smile.gif
).

I don't know if english is your first language sis but when i say lame ducks ma ka wada bolobolo oo curiyaan heesta but a figure of speech: Iraq is in flames, Gaza is on fire and all of this is happening right in front of them and there is not a single peep from the Arab governments hence why i call them 'lame ducks'

To the topic question itself, i think it is pointless to discuss it because first we are being generalized and second i doubt the view of Somalis is so different from Indonesians, Pakistanis and other muslim groups that it warrants a whole seperate debate on it. Majority have a favorable opinion yet somehow the hateful minority get's all the press. If you look at my first post it was actually a reply to brother BOB, i personally wanted to ignore the entire topic from it's birth!

take care sister!

me   

Sorry to divert the attention of this topic Adam, there is a hot chick on your signature. Mar walba oo wax qor aan is idhaahdo yadaan iska dhex arkayaa.