Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Why do Somalis dislike Arabs and are they waging war against Somalis?

allow me to play the devil's advocate here. But what have arabs ever done for somali's? what do we owe them, why should we be loya to arabs?Correct me If I'm wrong but wasn't arabs(yemen) that sided with ethiopia and gave military assistance to ethiopia during the 77 war?

Chimera   

Originally posted by Haneefah:

quote:

Originally posted by Adam-Zayla:

waste of potential somaha?

Waste of potential or not, there really isn't much room for
a Somali
to critique, is there? As always, ours is a case of seeing takarta maroodiga kale saaran. Talk about lost potential.
There's always room, i don't see how one could exclude me from giving my two cents on the Arab situation based on my ethnic origin, pure logical fallacy: my ancestral house is on fire therefore i'm automatically excluded from commenting on the events happening in neighbouring regions and should therefore be mute, is that what your implying? If so than what's the point of this whole topic being posted on Somaliaonline.com?

And talk about 'lost potential'? A stable Somalia won't have the capability of bringing peace to Gaza but a united no nonsense Arab world will! The Americans and Soviets with lesser resources than the current Arabs build themselves up to Superpower status, a power the Americans today are using on multiple muslim countries with devastating effects. There are more than 100 military bases located in the Arab world contrast this with Iran where there is not a single American Base.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Qalbi-Adeyg:

allow me to play the devil's advocate here. But what have arabs ever done for somali's? what do we owe them, why should we be loya to arabs?

We owe them nothing, they owe us nothing! we are just brothers and sisters in Islam just like we are with the Afghans with the Indonesians with the Pakistanis etc..

Correct me If I'm wrong but wasn't arabs(yemen) that sided with ethiopia and gave military assistance to ethiopia during the 77 war?

The communist part of Yemen yes but the other part backed us hence why we allowed so many Yemeni refugees to live in Somalia during the Yemeni civil war. Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Iran were great supporters of our country during the 77 war when they delivered desperately needed spare parts and ammunition but it could not match the Soviet intervention.

Paragon   

Why do Somalis dislike Arabs?

I don't.

Are they waging war against Somalia?

It depends. Indirectly, Yes and No. Yes, wahabiya is messing up all things good, arabising everything traditional. No, because at some remote point, the Wahabiya's phasing out some jaahiliya.

PS: For us, the Arabs materialize as wahabiya.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by me:

Hate, Love bla bla......Ilaahay ayaa umadaha oo dhan sameeyay. Anigu shaqsi ahaan umadaha ma kala jecli. Laakiin umad walba waa in ay danteeda raacdo.

Mar mar danta Soomaaliyeed iyo Danta Carbeed wey isla socotaa, mar marna ma isla socoto, waxa kaliya oo aan leeyahay danteena aan ka fakarno intii aan carab dantiisa wata aan ku daba lumi lahayn.

Marka wixii dani noogu jirto waa in aan raacnaa.

well said.

Blessed   

A more pertinent question is why Somalis hate on Somaalis. Even the the vanguards of Somalinimo hold every Somali with contempt. :confused: :(

Back to topic. The funniest reasons that I keep hearing is because my adeeros friends’ cousins uncle was called a Cabd when he worked in Saudi Arabia and the keep giving me huruuf at Dubai airport. :D

Haneefah   

^Classic, soo maha :D

Originally posted by Adam-Zayla:

my ancestral house is on fire therefore i'm automatically excluded from commenting on the events happening in neighbouring regions

It's common sense, really. Given the desperate state of our own nation, our focus should be on how to ameliorate the problems facing us first, then perhaps we might have the audacity to comment on the shortcomings of other nations.

Besides, if I am not mistaken, this topic was actually about Somalis harbouring hatred towards Arabs and not about Gaza or politics in the ME smile.gif

Chimera   

Originally posted by Haneefah:

It's common sense, really. Given the desperate state of our own nation,
our focus should be on how to ameliorate the problems facing
us
first, then perhaps we might have the audacity to comment on the shortcomings of other nations.

What am i? the president of Somalia? are you the President of Somalia?. If i gave you a 10 page solution to the Somali problem would you implement it? It's not common sense it's a non sequitur i never used my criticism as tool to degrade them or anywhere in my posts claimed Somalia was doing better, it was simply constructive advice and if you would dismiss that advice purely because of our background then dear sister it is you who is suffering from an inferiority complex cause in the world of 'debate and discussion' people dissect and focus on a person's arguments not their origins

Besides, if I am not mistaken, this topic was actually about Somalis harbouring hatred towards Arabs and not about Gaza or politics in the ME
smile.gif

I really don't care...kinda tired with this stuff.

NinBrown   

leave arabs alone. They have good people and bad people like the rest of humanity.

Majority of Somalis dislike arabs for selfish reasons such as...sharci, work or visa purposes.

People choose to ignore the good work a lot of arab countries do...look at mecca, look at publishing the quran or the missionary work they do in africa/europe/s.america.

P.S...funny thing is majority of Somalis I meet want to work and settle in middle east.

I simply don't like the freakin' belly dancer arabs ..... that is it.

Nimankaa diinta uun baa naga dhaxaysa iyo intii wanaagsanayd ee Ilaahay umadda u soo diray.

Haneefah   

:D @ am I the president. Seriously, bro? Wow.

So now I might be suffering from inferority complex because of my simple assertion that we as Somalis have our own mess to think about? I gather your insinuation about my personality is perfectly accepted in the world of 'debates and discussion', eh?

Given the context, I assumed it would be rather obvious that my reference to Somalis was directed at their state of affairs rather than their ethnicity. Obviously I was mistaken.

In Any case, I don't see the benefit of this triviality. Don't let me stop you should you wish to continue gracing us with your 'constructive' criticism for the Arab nations (lame ducks ka sii wad smile.gif ).

ElPunto   

^His point is that a sad sate of affairs doesn't preclude any Somali from commenting on, criticizing or hating on Arabs should they wish. It's not a particularly shocking point of view. :confused:

^[Neefah]Alla Ya Cizak,waxaas baa iskadhicis laidhaa. Ma anaa caqligaas weligey kugu nacay?[Maya Dheh!] :D

Sheekadan weligeed ma dhamaato miyaa? I remember this story was going some mere 5yrs ago.