Sign in to follow this  
shyhem

Do U have a new year resolution for 2003?

shyhem   

Mine is a simple and a basic one to follow.After religion and my family,money comes as the third most important thing in my life,surprisingly even overtaking education and women as five of the most important thing in my life.

What's my new year resolution?Well its all about MONEY...................The strategy is simple simple,increase my income and reduce my expense drastically.I will start the new year inshaallahu by working a 16 hour shift,no party, no women and no unnecessary expense. I can't avoid having fun anymore when my college has just sent me a tuition fee of $1200 and worse than that is the fact i'm not eligible for financial aid,coz bush things i made enough money for a single person. ......thats my resolution,what about u guys?

salaamz

Oh heaven my new year resolution?

That would be my education, i have been working so hard for this only god knows.....yeah so that's it finishing what i have started and am looking forward to it inshAllah. smile.gif

Wa/salaamz

Shayhem.. we are not supose to celebrate the new year, we are Muslims and our year marked by the end of Dul-Hijjah. so Dont ask Allah to provide you whith things you want while you are violating his Shariicah.

just to let ya know..

shyhem   

Proudsista

Education indeed is the key to u'r future,don't be discouraged sister by anyone and i must say i do agree with u on the point that one must finish what one had already started.........that really is a wise decision.

Al-warya

MIsterman........i DO NOT HAVE COGNITIVE problem,i know we ain't supposed to celebrate, i can't remember saying we should celebrate or since when did celebration and resolution had the same meaning?

The reality is that in the country i live in the muslim calender is not used,infact its not even used in muslim countries like Somalia, and the Saudis definitely won't accept my skinny sirmali azz to stay in their country.........so what do u expect me to do, Sit around and nag about how the west have robbed us of our calender?loool The reality is that i live in America and its my intention to stay here long enough for the Americans to feel my presence or my islamic culture, in that way i will do more good to the face of my religion than Americans known it from the books writen by jewish authors claiming to be an authority in Islamic afffairs.

Pretty boy

True no need to sets goals u can't fulfill,but how about u come up with something reasonable i'm sure u have plenty of reasons no to be.

Salaama Mi Amigoz

1) I've truely been blessed this year....alhamdulillahi i must YELL OUT...Allah(swt) has been good to my family and I this year...and we hope he continues to shelter us...so becoming even closer to my deen is a first on my list.......inshallah someday i'll become like the wonderful Muslimah my older sista is......INSHALLAH :D

2) To Smile more.........which i thought made me look vunerable....ok brace yourself dearest Faisa....here goes my colgate smile :D:D:D:D:D ohh i Like it already.....very muchco

3) And lastly to greet my elderly Japanese neighbors with (Konechi waa) hello.....since they'v been through some tough times :(

GODBLESS YA SOMALIYEY smile.gif

Sista hustla...your smart and i like the way you think and everytime i read your post's i learn someting from you...may god bless you and your beautifull familie and let me tell ya this your the sister i have alwayz want...mac mac abayoo!! :D

Let me say this in japanese i know a few words and this is for you macantoo!(Aishiteru) I love you...much love! :D

shyhem

just a little advise take it or leave it.

when u do something that does not agree with Islam, dont make excuses for it. instead ask Allah to one day give u strength in ur heart so u dont have to do it. This applies to all of us first n foremost myself.

shyhem   

Think tank

And whats u're point? It's sad to see how some pple try to show others their "holier than thou attitude".Charity begins at home.

Shayhem I am really amazed by your very limited intellect and sense of reasoning, I gave you a heartfelt and thoughtful advice not to celebrate (or at least believe in) the new year since it is HARAAM in our diin to celebrate the Christian holidays, instead of saying Jazak alaah khayr you took me out of context and claimed you cant celebrate the Islamic holidays because you live in America and the Saudi’s will not take your “somali skinny azz” ? Now does that make sense to you let alone us ??!! do u stop practicing islam ifn saudi’s don’t accept you ?? one things I noticed about our people is they connect Islaam and the policies of Saudi Arabia??!! I heard some say of them say.. War diinta carbta naga daa !!! “Acuuudu bilaah” brother, you are accountable in front of allah for what you do, allah will not prosecute you for what the suadi’s do with the “Somali skinny azz” people in their country. Besides this is the 21st century, and you don’t have to be in Saudi Arabia to know your Hijri calendar and celebrate the Islamic holydays.

And PLEASE make no mistake about the reality of new year’s celebrations, its as Christian as the Christmas and thanksgiving, you need to understand that on Jan 1st Christian people celebrate the solemnity of Mary, they think she was chosen by god on that day.!! Christmas and the Christian New Year is part of the Western culture that is imposed on the Muslims. In imposing such culture, the West intended for the Muslims to accept and recognize the Christian rituals, and believe in the equality of Christianity with Islam “God forbid”…. And if you still think its ok to celebrate and make some stupid resolutions for the new year then maybe you can add the Hinakah and the jewish new years to the list of holidays you celebrate, for me you are already doing something as bad.

Originally posted by Shyhem:

Proudsista

in America and its my intention to stay here long enough for the Americans to feel my presence or my islamic culture, in that way i will do more good to the face of my religion than Americans known it from the books writen by jewish authors claiming to be an authority in Islamic afffairs.

reasons no to be.

and what a better way to show that than to acknowledge their holidays.... get intouch withyour Diin man..

I hope I enlightened your lost soul and cleared blurred vision brother..

PEACE OUT

shyhem   

Damn Somalis they neva cease to amaze me,U just suggest a simple thing, and boom the're quick to pull the trigger.

Can't u just stop this "i'm holier than thou" attutide.U are just putting me on the defensive side, for something i haven't said or had no intention of saying it.

False accusation and hasty generalisation won't do us any good,so i will just let u win the argument for sake of my rational way of thinking.I don't like to get stuck in the mud especially when i can't active my 4X4 power on time,it ain't my style create controversy out of nothing,and with that i say each to his own.

murefu   

hey bro .u forget one..and u better say now.i have to go close to allah...then look for money insha-allah...u say no woman ..is party of ur life...sorry to say u got bad resolution.. cuz u are dreaming in daylight...aducated ppl are differnt ..they never say ..we like money..to say something for free..is good for health..but u better give some meanings..yo try to do hardwork in ur college...that may be ur good resolution....

but try ur best...