Sign in to follow this  
Jurnee

Moving for Love

nuune   

^^^ This girl is in Australia, and the man she is in love is in London, consider the distance and all the hasle of UK Border checks and residence she had to go through to settle in East End.

Originally posted by Tahaani:

Ladies, I need your thoughts.

Question, has anyone here ever moved cities for someone they love? if so, did you regret it or was it the best decision you ever made?

I have moved from one continent to another. Had a secure job and everything. I am an optimist, it was a call I had to make in order for us to give the marriage 100% and start a family. Do I regret it? At times when I reflect on what I miss, I still haven't been able to fully establish myself professionally in my new dwellings for the last 2 and a half years but I believe it is but a test from Allah on my patience and perseverance and also I know regret is part of human nature.At times we find fault with the simplest of things especially if things dont go your way.Though I try to see the positive side of things. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat but I would have planned the move better. Try to list your priorities down and also learn beforehand the requirements for you to establish yourself in the "possible new" place. You may need to take accreditation exams, do internships, require visa etc... who knows what type of bureaucracy, challenges you may have to face.

Is anyone planning on moving and how did you make that decision?

Salatul Istikharah, alot of dua and prayers and an honest pros/con list... at the end of the day it's your life but you have to be ready to live with the consequences and when things go rough dont hang it around the other half's head you will both be miserable instead see it as a challenge which can be conquered together.

Best of luck with the decision making.

Fiamanillah

WOL

Jurnee   

JazakAllahu Khair Warrior! Very sound advice indeed.

GaroweGirl- There really isnt very much point of debating my age with you. Posting on a forum at the age of 15 isnt a great feat. Its sad if you think it is.

Wow Five pages of advise and wisdom should make you decide by now.Truthfully sis you need to Pray two Rakah and ask Allah Inuu kula garab galo. Everything else we said is no use.

Be Blessed sister.

Ladies, I need your thoughts.

I have been so deeply caught up in love with a man for the past year and a half that it hurts. He is truly an angel and a prince amongst men. I cant even begin to explain how wonderful he is and how fortunate I feel to even know him let alone be the girl he wants to marry. Problem is he lives in another country, far, far away from me.

Now I have always been a believer in love and taking chances but as its getting closer to the decision time, I feel like it was all just a fantasy. I start to hyperventilate at the thought of moving accross the world and leaving my family, friends, career, city and basically everything I am. But I also know that I would be miserable if he wasnt in my life. The worst part is, he cant move to my home city because of the type of work he's in.

Question, has anyone here ever moved cities for someone they love? if so, did you regret it or was it the best decision you ever made?

Is anyone planning on moving and how did you make that decision?

Asc, what kind of work does he do that he CANNOT leave? Is he physically glued to the workplace? If he's in education it's understandable and he must finish his studies..

Your career and being around your loved ones is just as important to you.

Yaan war kugu daalininee...ee bal pray salaatul Istikhaara several times..say the du'a and May Allah guide you to the right decision! smile.gif