Sign in to follow this  
Jurnee

Moving for Love

Jurnee   

Ladies, I need your thoughts.

I have been so deeply caught up in love with a man for the past year and a half that it hurts. He is truly an angel and a prince amongst men. I cant even begin to explain how wonderful he is and how fortunate I feel to even know him let alone be the girl he wants to marry. Problem is he lives in another country, far, far away from me.

Now I have always been a believer in love and taking chances but as its getting closer to the decision time, I feel like it was all just a fantasy. I start to hyperventilate at the thought of moving accross the world and leaving my family, friends, career, city and basically everything I am. But I also know that I would be miserable if he wasnt in my life. The worst part is, he cant move to my home city because of the type of work he's in.

Question, has anyone here ever moved cities for someone they love? if so, did you regret it or was it the best decision you ever made?

Is anyone planning on moving and how did you make that decision?

Juxa   

breathe, breathe and pray to allah to guide you

when a girl married she leaves the family home, moving to another country or continent does not mean you wont get to see your family.

if he can provide for you, you can always retrain and get another job, you can visit the family and make new friends/stay in touch with old friends.

well what i am trying to say is, take a chance.

Juxa   

well she loves the boy and he is good guy she said, he cant join her in her home town but she can.

did you not tell me for years love is sacrifice? helloooooo lily

War anigu ma rumaysni "Love" waxaanse weli raacsanahay gabdhaha in ay waalidkooda u raadiyaan ninka ay guursan lahayd. For that talk to your parents and see what they think, I know i know someone somwhere will say it is your life! if it is your life you will not have asked us an advise. So my advise don't move!

DONOT MOVE FOR A MAN! How is he a price among men if you dont even see him around? You really dont know people until you live with them;therefore, Mister wonderful might turn out to be NOT-SO wonderful and then what? DONOT CHANGE YOUR WHOLE LIFE FOR A MAN PERIOD!

Muriidi   

have you seen the new "somali-hijab" with inbuilt scanners and shirk-busters ?

_42015090_hijabpolice_afp416.jpg

mounted on the sides ,rocket-launchers with chemical and biological weapons .. fully equipped to make anybody who ever thought about islam feel silly and go back to his/her poker game ..

the somali gov. ,says it has no idea how to deal with the phenomenon , has not yet found "hogaamiye-kooxeed" to take the blame for it and is giving out biohazard-suits like these :

AC919_477x640.jpg

ok ?

Iffah   

^ Lol. That's a possibility, but he can also continue to exceed her expectations marka gabadha ka sii cabsiinin. If he turns for the worst, she can always pack up and return home. She sounds like someone who can fend for herself.

Jurnee,

I'm with Juxa on this, take the chance! But most importantly ask Allah for guidance, pray istikhara.

chubacka   

Poster as Iffah said, pray Istikhara, then follow your heart. Make lots of dua and all the best.

p.s. many ppl move for love but pls be careful and REALLY try to find out about the guy/family before you make any life chancing decisions.

Blessed   

I don't get the issue?? Inaad is guursatad rabtiin, he has a job that doesn't allow him to relocate -- the natural thing to do is....

I'm what the expatriate comunity calls a 'trailing spouse', I go where ever hubby's job takes us. We were married before we discussed and agreed on the move and it has been great for me. I personally love the idea of living in different lands and starting fresh, it's not easy to move and leave behind loved ones and settling in again but for me the excitement and newness of a city is amazing.. You'll make new friends and family can visit and vice versa and you can always get a job..

Take a chance, live a little. What's the worse that could happen?

Aaliyyah   

Like Chubacka said make sure you know the guy through and through before you decide to move away from your family and live with him across seas.

You should get to know his family, friends and people he usually mix with. That way you have more idea about him..

Other than that I hope he isn't some random guy you met who you dont have a clue abt or his family and only take his word..You shouldnt trust a man that easily..

All the best inshallah..

Take a chance, live a little. What's the worse that could happen?

If she marries someone she barely knows who lives across seas? I think anything bad is a game....or maybe I am just "paranoid" and don't trust ppl dat easily. Anyhow, am not saying that to scare her lol...just saying look at the issue deeply before she makes a decision. One that will always have affect on her life. Hoyaday waxay dhahdaa guurku wa guurka kowaad. So the girl needs to think it thru.

salaam

Blessed   

I think you watch far too many movies. LOL. Moving abroad is not a recipe for marital disaster. She won't be the first or last woman to move abroad for a hubby or work.. At least qof jecel ay u guuraysaa. Why do assume in aanay aqoon, he could be her ina abti, qaraabo or childhood friend for all you know..

Aaliyyah   

I think you watch far too many movies. LOL. Moving abroad is not a recipe for marital disaster

no hun you misunderstood me. The key phrase here isnt moving abroad but whether she knows the guy well enough to make such a huge sacrifice. And, am not assuming anything but all I said was if she doesnt know him all that well she should think again about this. She shouldn't buy what he tells her solely she should get to know his family and whoever he deals with. Thats just my opinion and no I am not paranoid because I watch too much movies. I am paranoid by nature lol..

Anyways gabadha wa u digayaa uun. Nothing else. She has my duca.

salaam