Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Against the Saudization of Somaliland

Rahima   

Athena & Aeronwen,

Girls, I wasn’t stating one way or the other about the mans faith, I don’t know this man and therefore cannot comment on his Islam. If he says that he is Muslim, then certainly none of us here is in a position to dispute that. That said though, going by Alle-ubaahanes posts it seemed to me that he thought that this man was an apostate, therefore the habaar would have arguments for.

Nevertheless, either way, irrespective of whether or not this man is a Muslim, there seems to be argument for the cursing of evildoers also (which it seems that it is unanimously agreed upon that this man is); hence Alle-ubaahne could possibly have grounds for support. This is not going by our opinions, but rather what the scholars have stated.

Of course if this man is indeed a Muslim, it would be better to make duca for him, for Allah to enlighten him, but at the same time we should draw a line between saying that and saying that such habaar is basically inislamic and sinful (which correct me if I’m wrong but seems to be the point here).

Once again allow me to re-iterate I do not really know of this man, have not read his works and do not know of his status. If he says he is Muslim, then he is a Muslim. But it seems that everyone is in agreement about the wrongs of this man, therefore some scholars deem it permissible to curse such people and walaahu aclum. Finally, i do not know which opinion of the three possibilities is strongest, but nonetheless some learned men are of the opinion that the actions of Alle-ubaahane are permissible.

Originally posted by Rahima:

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said in al-Qawl al-Mufeed, 1/226.

The difference between cursing a specific person and cursing those who commit sin in general is that the former
(cursing a specific person)
is not allowed, and the latter (cursing the people who commit sin in general) is allowed. So if you see an innovator, you do not say,
‘May Allaah curse you,’
rather say,
‘May the curse of Allaah be upon those who introduce innovations,’
in general terms. The evidence for that is the fact that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed some people among the mushrikeen and followers of jaahiliyyah and said: “O Allaah, curse So and so, and So and so, and So and so,†he was told not to do that when Allaah said (interpretation of the meaning):

“Not for you (O Muhammad, but for Allaah) is the decision; whether He turns in mercy to (pardons) them or punishes them; verily, they are the Zaalimoon (polytheists, disobedients and wrongdoers)â€

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:128]

This was narrated by al-Bukhaari.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (
)

Given the Fatwe above, It is not permissible to curse Specific living person regardless of whether he is muslim or not.

So How can Alle U baahne justify that? that is if he was doing it forthe sake of Islam and not personal vendetta :D

Salaamaat

Rahima   

Given the Fatwe above, It is not permissible to curse Specific living person regardless of whether he is muslim or not.

So How can Alle U baahne justify that? that is if he was doing it forthe sake of Islam and not personal vendetta

Yes, that is the opinion of this group of scholars. They have expounded on that which they thought as most strong, however as you can read from the beginning of the Fatwa:

2 – Cursing a particular kaafir or evildoer concerning whom there is no text stating that they are cursed – such as wine-drinkers, those who offer sacrifices to anything other than Allaah, the one who curses his parents, those who introduce innovations in religion, and so on.

“
The scholars differed as to whether it is permissible to curse these people
, and there are three points of view:

(i) That it is not permissible under any circumstances

(ii) That it is permissible in the case of a kaafir but not of a (Muslim) evildoer

(iii) That it is permissible in all cases.â€

Al-Adaab al_Shar’iyyah by Ibn Muflih, 1/303

Also, by all means advise the brother that the best course of action would be to perhaps make duca for the man (as in for Allah to guide him to the straight path) instead of cursing him. This of course seems like the best course, but at the end of the day the brother may have some legitimate back up.

I personally do not like the cursing and would most probably never dwell in it, but that doesn’t matter. My opinions (like everyone else's here) mean natta, what matters are those of learned people based on fact from the Quran and Sunnah.

Anyway Allahu aclum. I’m just trying to give a different light to the issue ;) .

Salaamz...

Rahima, you highlight but one opinion. Who's to say which of those opinions holds the most weight? The Fatwa is also clearly speaking about 'Kufars'. It has already been established that Bashir Goth is Muslim (the type of Muslim he is concerns only Him and his creator). In matters of religion we must always walk on the cautious side. If something isn't so pleasant, keep away from it. Cursing may not be unIslamic, but it is far from pleasant when it is aimed at Non-Muslims let alone at Muslims. Even our Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) was careful about cursing, in case he cursed someone who didn't deserve it. Are we so arrogant that we can forgo such caution here?

Girls, I wasn’t stating one way or the other about the mans faith, I don’t know this man and therefore cannot comment on his Islam.
If he says that he is Muslim, then certainly none of us here is in a position to dispute that. That said though, going by Alle-ubaahanes posts it seemed to me that he thought that this man was an apostate, therefore the habaar would have arguments for.

Rahima, that's just it, isnt it, dear? None of us here are in a position to dispute that Bashir Goth is a Muslim, yet Alle-Ubaahne can assume that he is an apostate? Forget the curse...that's nothing compared to assuming a Muslim is an apostate, without evidence. Where's is this evidence? Or are we all allowed to say anything we want without the need to back up our accusations?

Nevertheless, either way, irrespective of whether or not this man is a Muslim, there seems to be argument for the cursing of
evildoers
also (
which it seems that it is unanimously agreed upon that this man is
);

Once again allow me to re-iterate I do not really know of this man, have not read his works and do not know of his status. If he says he is Muslim, then he is a Muslim. But it seems that everyone is in agreement about the wrongs of this man,

Walaalo, it is great that you acknowledge that 'If he says he is a Muslim, then he is one'. Really, it is. But it becomes a moot point, when it is immediately followed by the judgement that he is an evildoer. Most of the people here disagreed with his article...but who unanimously agreed that he is an 'evil-doer'? Who can judge that but Allah?

I don't know the man, therefore, I have no desire to argue over his beliefs as I know nothing about them. What concerns me is the willfull insults and irresponsible cursing that Alle-Ubaahne is busy dishing out.

Alle-Ubaahne,

Ah...I think I finally understand. Might you be under the misconception that you own Islam and dadkoo dhan inaad Ilaahay ka xigto? Oh well.

I suppose it is a blessing that the effects/consequences of a curse is determined to a certain degree by the character of the one who invokes it. In this case, I should hope that Bashir Goth will rest easy. :D

But as a precaution, I shall make a special du'a that no 'masiibo dagdag ah' befalls him or his loved ones. ;)

Do have a good day.

Taqwa   

There are people who pray, fast and even do voluntary worship. There are also others who have been praying in mosques for 20 plus years or so, but when the issue of loving Islam is raised, they might not have it in their hearts. There are also people whose worship might not be that much, but their hearts are filled with the love of Islam, and passion for the religion of Allah (SWT) whenever it is insulted.

So, if his comments came from the fact that he loves Islam then over look his faults. If other wise, advice him accordingly. In 3 or more years in SOL I've seen more topics that deserved to be deleted then a few words by a brother who is driven by passion for his religion. There is an etiquette of taking someone to the side and informing them of their mistakes rather then over blowing it infront of everyone as if they committed zina. So before you say ilahay ka baaq, isku fiirso adigo oo weliba is waydhii inay sax tahaay waxad saxaysa.

Malin Wacan.

Sincere   

Taqwa saxib, whats with the double standard? There’s no need to condone someones mistakes when they’re obviously wrong. Alle Ubaahnes comments and habaar are way out of line, and its very inappropriate for you to say “if his comments came from the fact that he loves Islam then over look his faultsâ€

If we do not correct each other’s faults who will? Nobody is perfect and constructive criticism (in any field or context) is always needed.

P.s Iftar wanagsan all.

According to the nullifiers of Islam, or the acts that makes one to be outside of Islam, I would like to present here some evidences that I believe are the reasons for my Habaar towards Bashir Goth. However, below the underline is a question, with ten point answers, thoroughly investigated responses by the concensus of the Culimada based on concrete quranic evidences as to what makes a muslim outside the pale of Islam.

First of all, by using the article of Bashir Goth, I will try to quote and then address where his remarks makes him fall in the category of the ten concensus points listed below. I don't want my fellow opponents to percieve me as someone who finds appeasement in casting Muslims away from Islam. All I want is to emphasis the greatness of the sin in which Mr. Goth has embarked.

Now, in the begining of article it says,

Recently, I came across news reports on the activities of a group of clerics calling themselves “the Authority for Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice†trying to impose draconian moral codes on Somaliland citizens in general and residents of the capital Hargeisa, in particular.

The key term he used here is Draconian. In the dictionary, it defines as: Exceedingly harsh; very severe: for instance, a draconian legal code. This directly describes Islamic Sharia system as detestable and hard to comply. In the concensus answers of the Fatwa, it says # 5, hating what was revealed with Allah's messenger, as more precisely dictated in the following verse, “That is because they hate that which Allaah has sent down (this Qur’aan and Islamic laws); so He has made their deeds fruitless†[Muhammad 47:9]

Also, he contenious in the very same paragraph, by saying,

I can ignore, though grudgingly, when such clerics impose dress codes and other punctilious rituals on Somali men and women in the West because these are in the free world where they can express their opinion and seek legal protection against such abuse...

He is now concerned the Hijab and Islamic rituals as strict, but the key terms here reside with the words Abuse, Free world, i.e. western world, and their legal protection. So, what category does this fall in the numbered concensus of the Fatwa listed below? It matches many of the points, but let me suffice it in # 3, which is regarding the non-muslims ways correct, and # 5, hating again Allah's rules as it pertains to the Hijab; # 6, mocking or making fun of it, and finally, # 8, supporting the non-muslims against the Muslims.

Consequently a Somali woman would travel with a single man or even a group of men on long trips, spending nights and days in their company with neither the men nor the woman having any sinister thoughts about their togetherness.

Didn't our religion set rules that speak about the prevention of any Zina to occur by first drawing concrete lines between men and women! This sound more like examplifying our religion with the non-Islamic cultures, such as western and other cultures where there is complete mixture of sexes. But by his emphasis of the intrinsic Qalbi, which he says is the center of all, does realy ignore the actual rulings of Allah's Messenger, (scw). I insert that under the # 9, believing that some are allowed to operate outside Islam.

A strange uniformity, only known in the desert and uncreative cultures of Arabia, has crept into the social manners of our people.

Another hateful remark against the Hijab, and attributing it solely to the Arabian culture and ignoring the fact that this is nothing but Allah's dress regulation on Muslim women. See # 5 and # 10, turning away selectively from our religion.

and long unkempt beards for men.

Against the beard, he openly expresses his views that stereotypes all long beards as disorderly ugly and dirt, showing no respect when it was meant to follow the Sunnah of the prophet, (scw).

May be some pictures from the good old days, before modern fanatics reduced Islam into a jealous guardian of Harem’s (women) hair, cheeks, arms, shins, feet, voice and smile.

Using and paroting exactly the same propoganda that western media uses to denigrate Islam and its people. Check # 8. Also, see his unsophisticated plagiarism from the west by insulting the Culimaa and comparing them extremism,

that Wahhabism and extremism

He calls Sh. Mohamed Abdulwahab as innovator by blatently lying over him and then saying he was a founder of his own Madhab, School of Fiqi, which is a necked fabrications. He also, used the word apocrypha which is basically derived from the Christian terms that describes the abrogations of their books, and makes it questionable.

These people are out to eradicate our culture, our traditions, our songs, our poetry and our folklore dances

He clearly advocates somethig other than Allah's rules and regulations. Does that match # 4, which is believing other rules or following personal whims or desires?

Again, see how his pathetic wishes are tuned in to making our society the likes of those worst examples in any Muslim society,

It was Iman, that Somali model, who made the name Somali synonymous with such exotic, unique and Cushitic beauty. Weris Deiria is now making headlines despite the daily curses and ridicule she receives from die-hard fundamentalists. It is also since that astute and clear-headed lady, Edna Adan Ismail, has become Somaliland’s Foreign Minister, that the international community is lending an ear to Somaliland’s case. .... Zahra Ahmed, Khadra Dahir, Hibo Mohammed, Amina Abdillahi, Sada Ali, Magool, Maandeeq, Farhiya Ali, Zainab Egeh and many others of our women singers...

I don't know realy where I can think of any justfications to sympathise with the despicable remarks of Mr. Goth. He sticked to all he can in his disposal to make our religion's core believes very unimportant. I can't understand how a rationale and decent Muslim is undisturbed by the sheer and gross insult tossed not only to our rightious girls but our dear Islamic faith, especially when says,

I have to mention here that when I step out into the street in the morning I see groups of girls waiting for school buses; all of them Arabs except for two Somali girls. All the Arab girls of all nationalities look bubbly, tossing their beautiful uncovered hairs and showing off their latest hairstyles. Even those with head covers threw it lightly on the shoulders or barely on the back of the head. They even sometime waved hello for me or for my son. The two Somali girls, however, were fully shrouded with black from head to toe. One could barely see their eyes and they even wore black heavy socks on their feet.

Black heavy socks on their feet! Can you believe that person is also proclaiming to be as a Muslim. Wait a minute, isn't the muslim person supposed to be save with his life, property, honor and so forth, from the (harms or shar) of other Muslims? I can't believe I am seeing here some of my fellow nomads especially in Ramadan period where defening and dying for Islam is more significant than ever, and yet contrary to that defending an infamous who conspiciously affronts our religion!

Question : What are the actions which, if a Muslim does them, he will be an apostate from Islam?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Note that Allaah has commanded all people to enter Islam and to adhere to it and to beware of whatever is contrary to it. He sent His Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to call mankind to that. He tells us that those who follow him will be guided and that those who turn away from him have gone astray. In many verses He warns against the means that lead to apostasy and all forms of shirk and kufr. The scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them) have said, when discussing apostasy, that a Muslim may apostatize from his religion by doing many acts that nullify Islam, which makes it permissible to shed his blood and seize his wealth, and which will put him beyond the pale of Islam. Among the most serious and most common of these things are ten which were mentioned by Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab and other scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them all). We will mention them in brief here, so that you and others can beware of them, in the hope that you will be safe and sound. We will also explain a little about them after mentioning each one.

1 – Shirk or associating others in worship with Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, Allaah forgives not (the sin of) setting up partners (in worship) with Him, but He forgives whom He wills, sins other than that, and whoever sets up partners in worship with Allaah, has indeed strayed far awayâ€

[al-Nisa’ 4:116]

“Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allaah, then Allaah has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abodeâ€

[al-Maa’idah 5:72]

That includes praying to the dead, seeking their help, making vows and offering sacrifices to them or to the jinn or to the grave.

2 – Whoever sets up intermediaries between himself and Allaah, asks them to intercede, and puts his trust in them, is a kaafir according to scholarly consensus.

3 – Whoever does not regard the mushrikeen as kaafirs, or doubts that they are kaafirs, or regards their way as correct, is a kaafir.

4 – Whoever believes that anything other than the teaching of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is more complete than his teachings, or that the rulings of anyone else are better than his rulings – such as those who prefer the rule of false laws to his rulings – is a kaafir.

5 – Whoever hates any part of that which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) brought, even if he acts in accordance with it, is a kaafir, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“That is because they hate that which Allaah has sent down (this Qur’aan and Islamic laws); so He has made their deeds fruitlessâ€

[Muhammad 47:9]

6 – Whoever makes fun of anything in the religion of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or makes fun of any texts that refer to rewards or punishments, is a kaafir. The evidence for that is the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?

Make no excuse; you disbelieved after you had believedâ€

[al-Tawbah 9:65-66]

7 – Sihr (witchcraft) – including spells to turn one person against another or to make someone love another. Whoever does this or approves of it is a kaafir. The evidence for that is the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, ‘We are for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us)’â€

[al-Baqarah 2:102]

8 – Supporting the mushrikeen and helping them against the Muslims. The evidence for that is the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them. Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust)â€

[al-Maa'idah 5:51]

9 – Whoever believes that some people are allowed to operate outside the law of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) just as al-Khidr operated outside the law of Moosa (peace be upon him) is a kaafir, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losersâ€

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

10 – Turning away from the religion of Allaah, not learning it and not acting in accordance with it. The evidence for that is the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of his Lord, then turns aside therefrom? Verily, We shall exact retribution from the Mujrimoon (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners)â€

[al-Sajdah 32:22]

With regard to all of these acts that nullify Islam, it makes no difference whether a person is joking, serious or afraid, unless he is forced to do it. All of them are very serious, and they all happen a great deal. The Muslim should beware of them and fear falling into them. We seek refuge with Allaah from the things that may incur His wrath and painful punishment. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon the best of His creation, Muhammad, and upon his family and companions.

The fourth category includes those who believe that the systems and laws devised by men are better than the sharee’ah of Islam, or equal to it; or that it is permissible to refer to them for judgements and rulings, even if he believes that referring to sharee’ah is better; or that the Islamic system is not fit to be applied in the twentieth century; or that it was the cause of the Muslims’ backwardness; or that it should be limited to a person’s relationship with his Lord and not have anything to do with the other affairs of life

The fourth category also includes those who think that carrying out the ruling of Allaah by cutting off the hand of the thief or stoning the married adulterer is not appropriate in the modern age.

That also includes: everyone who believes that it is permissible to rule according to something other than the laws of Allaah with regard to interactions, hudood punishments or other matters, even if he does not believe that that is better than the ruling of sharee’ah, because by doing so he is regarding as permissible something that Allaah has forbidden according to consensus, and everyone who regards as permissible something that Allaah has forbidden and is well known to be forbidden in Islam, such that no Muslim has any excuse for not knowing that it is forbidden, such as adultery, alcohol and riba, and ruling by something other than the sharee’ah of Allaah, is a kaafir according to the consensus of the Muslims.

We ask Allaah to help us all to do that which pleases Him, and to guide us and all the Muslims to His Straight Path, for He is All Hearing, Ever-Responsive. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

Let's not get personal level, and continue debating, especially for those people who thought and still think I am wrong through my invokes of Habaar so that Allah displays in the mouth of Mr. Bashir Goth some horrifying signs that all humanities are shocked. Prove me wrong, with your evidences, since I believe there is no Muslim person who can insult Muslim women and Allah's regulations without becoming Kuffaar. Because Allah (swt) and his Messenger, (scw) has told us the consequences of such perilous acts.

Where are the liberal nomads, let's talk gently and discuss the issue of the matter!

Rahima,

Nevertheless, either way, irrespective of whether or not this man is a Muslim, there seems to be argument for the cursing of evildoers also (which it seems that it is unanimously agreed upon that this man is); hence Alle-ubaahne could possibly have grounds for support. This is not going by our opinions, but rather what the scholars have stated.

From denouncing his diin to implying he is an Evildoer. Oh Rahima… all this in the midst of ‘I don’t know anything about him’ and ‘If he says that he is Muslim, then certainly none of us here is in a position to dispute that’. And what unanimity are you referring to? Who are these ‘scholars’ or ‘learned people’ who explicitly stated Bashir Goth is an evildoer? How did they come to that conclusion? I really don’t see how or where Alle-u-baahne has support or ‘legitimate’ backup except in you. Besides, there is only one judge and thats Allah swt and no amount of 'scholarly fatwa' can make any1 an 'apostate' or 'evildoer' if they say they are muslim.

Regarding your Q n A (this is entirely a different area)

What is the ruling on cursing (and not just insulting) the Jews and Christians or other groups, whether living or dead? May Allaah reward you with good.

I have come across dua that state ‘Allaahu halik al-kufaar wal mushrikiin ’ or ‘Ya Rabi ansurna minal qoom al-kaarifiin ’ and I have understood this to refer to the enemies of Islam and not everyone who is a non-muslim. Also, its dua to ask God in uu naga sareysiiyo dadkaas more than in uu baabiyo. In anycase, I don’t know why any1 would ask such a Q or would want to insult and curse anyone.

When it comes to debating or inviting others to the religion, the holy Quran states

[16:125] You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones.

And isn’t that the best way? And to the others, the Quran states:

[109:1] Say, "O you disbelievers.

[109:2] "I do not worship what you worship.

[109:3] "Nor do you worship what I worship.

[109:4] "Nor will I ever worship what you worship.

[109:5] "Nor will you ever worship what I worship.

[109:6] "To you is your religion, and to me is my religion."

And so it should remain with no halaag iyo habaar.

Isn’t it hypocrisy to insinuate that its OK to insult and curse gaalada while in the same vain foaming at the mouth at the slightest infraction against Islam? (generally)

To curse some1 or a group of people is wish death on them. By logical extension, this means you wish to see them die in the worst possible way and you draw satisfaction from seeing it happen (as you wished for this). The ‘general curse’ that is ‘permitted’ and this death wish doesn’t discriminate so its obviously not aimed at people who are maiming the religion or Muslims but simply those whose only crime was not being Muslim. I don’t know what to call this attitude but I do not subscribe to an Islam that advocates and validates this.

Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood the intent and purpose of the Q&A.

Taqwa,

I think his comments were highly inappropriate and by my standards deserve to be deleted. So overlooking his faults is not a problem for me, I’ve born the brunt of his impudence personally and have moved on from it. What worries me is how religion is conveniently and indifferently used to back it up. What do you make of his habaar? Do you think it fitting?

Alle-u-baahne, while I think you made your objection well (without the usual fire-n-brimstone attack), the way you put forward your argument and the conclusions you arrived at are your opinions and yours alone. Lets not try and pass them off as conclusive proof that Mr.Goth is an apostate/evildoer. Because its not.

Secondly, I’ve clearly stated that I do not agree with Mr.Goth’s opinion in this article (neither has any1 else for that matter, the issue is simply your habaar). Infact, having read his website, there is a general theme of an obsession with Wahabism and the kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the point it blinds him to the xikma behind some important Islamic principles like the hijab. He is entitled to hold whatever opinion in the former case (and he has very good arguments that I agree with. I do not want Somalia/Land to turn into KSA where our kids are given distinct Arabic names and our beautiful traditions, culture and uniqueness thrown out the window) while the latter should be refuted – in an appropriate, civil manner befitting a Muslim. Otherwise, you’re no better smile.gif

Ilaahay swt wax xun, habaar iyo dhibaato adna lama weydiisto adoomaha Ilaahayna looma weydiiyo. Ilaahay wax fiican baa la weydiistaa, qofkii habowsan ama jidka toosan siraadal-mustaqiinka ka beydhsan, lama habaare waa loo duceeyaa. Ilaahay ma abuurin ‘revenge’, wuxuu abuurey danbidhaaf iyo iimaan saadiq ah. Alle-u-baahnoow waxa kuu rooneyd in aad tidhaahdo ‘Ilaahayow soo hadee bashiir goth, oo diinta dhinaca kheyrku ku jiro ee sidii Ilaahay nafarey ku jirto u fududee’.

Jacpher   

Akhyaarta Sharafta leh, things have gone too far. It’s Ramdaan and if we can’t agree with each other, let’s not disrespect one another. Walaahi it is silly to see Xagxagashada in Ramadan. Let me share this beautiful hadith that I love. The prophet scw said, "I am a guarantor for a house on the outskirts of Paradise for the one who leaves of arguing, even if he is in the right." Muranka waa la isku nacaa ee aan ka waantoono walaalayaal.

Alle ubaahne: Someone with such name should show tawaaduc towards Muslims. Humble yourself brother. Walaahi there is nothing heavier in the scale of a Mu’min on the Day of Judgment than a good character. This is a hadith but I’m paraphrasing. Believe me brother; pride & arrogance go together with Kibr while humbleness is amongst the best of the akhlaaqul Mu’miniin. Drop the habaar and consider taking bro/sisters advice. You could have made duca for the author and get the angle’s duca on your behalf in return. When you make duca for your [Muslim] brother, the angles make duca for you. Which duca is likely to get accepted? Yours or that of the Mala’ika? As far as I know, the author claims to be Muslim and it’s not ours to deny his claims as we are not in his heart. Wadaayoow Dhul-dhiga is bar kheyraa lagu sheegayee. Dadka qaar baan jawaab mudneyn. Runtii nin magaciisa badalay hidayaan Alle u weydiinay. I don't mean you're arogant or kibr but it's a sincere advice.

Taqwa: Walaal qoraalkaada xanaaq baa ka muuqda ee is daji. Muslimka waxaa lagu yaqaan inay is cafiyaan. Hadii qof waxaadan aheyn uu kugu sheego naftaaduna ay tahay waxa lagu sheegayo Alle dambi dhaaf weydiiso, hadii kalena midka wax kugu sheegaya u dambi dhaaf weydii.

Athena: Ma eedeysanayaasha ayaan ku jiraa? You raised good points though.

We can civilly debate the ruling of cursing individuals or groups but I think we should require ourselves to adhere to the Islamic akhlaaq when debating. The Quran directs us not to engage a debate with non-Muslims unless it’s in good manner and inline with our values. If that’s how we engage with non-Muslims, obviously Muslims deserve a lot better.

My dear sister iPod Athena,

I thank you for your advices, less arguments, and I am glad that I will not take them to practice. I think if you would have listened more Islamic lectures in your iPod, you would now have realized what it means to defend your precious faith from the wolves and unmannered mouth of Mr. Goth. But anyway, I hope he repents from that critical sin that can cost his faith in Islam. And don't try please to focus Rahima's remarks, for I was the person who is the center of the detoured debate.

Sister iPod, the only condition I will set to stop the Habaar is to give me an opportunity to meet in person with Mr. Goth, the horrible snake, so that I will unleash my wrath against him. But before that, let me enjoy in practise one of the narrations of our prophet (scw) i.e. if anyone of you sees a Munkar, try to discourage it by utilizing your hands, if not, then your mouth, if not, then your heart, which is the least rank of iimaan, (or as stated so by the prophet, scw). The sad thing about this debate is that you've not showed any of the three reactions, but the mere hypocritical sympathy for defending Mr. Snake!

Brother Ducaqabe,

Walaahi its not my right to do anything now but take wholly your instructions since you reminded me an important hadeeth. I appreciate it for coming to my rescue, but as for the Habaar, I think I was enraged by the statements of the author. For now on I would like to avoid the arguments with these nomads who are making me a wrong-doer because I expressed my proper reaction to article. I don't want my Ramadan points to be decreased with this squabbling. And I let my sister iPod take the driving seat and steer the topic to wherever she wants.

Nabadeey and Assalaamu Caleykum!

What confuses me most is the word Muslim and secular going all togther, I mean they seem to be opossing one another!

How can one be a Muslim and secular at the same time, do a bit of calculations and enlighten me guyz on that point.

What does the word Muslim or Islaam mean?

Nice question, :D

Originally posted by Young Jeezy:

ps. Is Somaliaonline the hang out spot for all the somali secularists?

No one commits it to answer.

I don’t know why the exchanges between Aeron and Taqwa were deleted. Its customary that these two greet each other that way whenever their paths cross. These new mods are really no-funners! Stop being too eager and enjoy 'the jaariyad knocking the wet blanket from his high horse' :D :mad:

Ducaqabe, maya walaalo. I was just pointing out the polite way you were addressed by Mr.Alle-u-baahne although you practically agreed with me. Its just his tone… there is a slight distinction in the way he addresses some people..ahem..the "liberals" he calls them.. neutral.gif

... and MacaSalaama smile.gif