Sign in to follow this  
SomeAlien

What festivals are you looking forward to in yr cty?

summer just isnt complete wthout some festivals, so wht kind do you have in yr city? and are they as great as they are avertised to be?

montreal, we got the jazz fest, the hot acts that i wish i had tickets for are bobby mcferran and ben harper, and i say wissh cause the tickets are hella expensive and ordered in like december. but there are always some free shows to catch.

"I can change the world, with my own, two hands" he's cool, did you know he thinks he's bob marley re-incarnated? not sure about all that.

I'm looking forward to AfroFest in Toronto, July 5th, but not certain i'll be around for it, which would suck.

Peesh.

nuune   

Eminem was here last night and today doing that shiiit concert stuff next to my house in dublin city,ohhh, i forgot, there is also

Special olymbics

going on here in Dublin,it started last saturday,mandela was there,also mohamed ali,schwarnzegar and many other top people[/b]

macsalaama

The African Festival...Late august. It's going to be off the hook! Also the Jazz fest. ofcourse nothing compared to montreal somalien ;)

Senora   

Well even thought its not in the city i reside in, we have the "Taste of Chicago" going on right now....its actually really great...you get to taste a variety of plates/dishes from from many restaurants based in chicago...( what makes it even cooler is the fact that they make it so that you can chose from the different ethnic dishes as well, i.e: asian, african(yup!!even somalian)carribean..they have it all)and you can definitely expect entertianment, there are open concerts, i remember last year they had Brian Mcknight anD R Kelly, and some others...they also had open karoake( which i particapated in and won second place :D )..they even have a ferris wheel ride, and some type of water ride thingy, ...all in all its great, the place is always packed...and you only have to purchase tickets for the rides, and the food, the rest of the sights and events are free!!!.......it goes on from june 27-july 6( i think :confused: )....

Miriam1   

Completely waiting for Afrofest my hoyo is specially planning on wearing her bulchi..i dont know wat else maybe i will hit the caribana even though i have been warned that it could be somewhat indecent..?

Ariadne   

Oh and the celebrate Toronto street festival and Gobsmacked which is inthe ending of August (come on August end already!)

I would love 2 go to the Toronto International Film Festival!!! I'm thinking of buying tickets soon (if they don't run out)

Here in the MotorCity...we have many festivals by the river. The african fest is the best. There is also the mexican festival, carribean festival, African-american music festival, etc...

The best festival of the summer I've been to was the Electronic festival!! Good music, tons of people!

DA_BEAST   

i am looking forward to seeing Clown back in town so we can have a real party.

it might not mean anything to you but i just love that boy to death.

he is fun and you will never get bored by hanging out with him so for me that is what i am looking forward to Clown's Home Coming Party!