Sign in to follow this  
Mombasa_QUEEN

Mother's Day

qac qac you dont have to be away from you're mom to celebrate mother day sxb. for me seriously i dont live with my mom but each time i go to visit her i give her hug and when ever iam walking away from the door i alwayz make sure i tell my mom how much i love her and we not copying no one we just showing our lovely mom appreciation so walal there is alot of thing thats agaist muslim religion but YET we do see our self doing it so please walal i wish i could right somali and hope i spell walal right but anwyayz if you guyz are saying celebrating motherday is haram then i think there is a better way to approch to someone and tell them than saying its bad to copy someone celebration than saying walal dont do that its haram so incase you do really mean it in the islamic way.

beace.

Qac Qaac   

Mombasa queen, abaayo i never said it was haraam to celbrate mother's day, don't put words in my mouth, all i said wat, it is not seen from our tradition of islam. our prophet scw, and the companions did not have a mother's day to celebrate. but nevertheless u r right we are always involved in something that is against islam. but that doesn't make it permissable because we all do it, it just makes us a weak muslims that's all. anyways sis sorry if i offended you, but i also think u misunderstood me. go ahead and celebrate with your mom every day, and tell her u love her at all the time. but don't make a day from the calender to do that. u should be doing it every time.

hello qac qac i got you're point and i run out of words i gues its true what you saying but all i wanted was poeple to show love to there mommy so no need to apologze its ight i guess aniga i took it wrong idea so macsalama.

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

Aren't u there living with your mom everyday, and if u do, u don't say i love u to your mom atleast once a day. mother's day is for gaalo who don't live with their mom, and this is their chance to go back home and say i love u mom. shaabella said it is not islamic holdiay.

we are not against celebrating mother's day for our mothers. but we are against us copying eveything the gaalo do. khaaliful mushrikiina wal kaafiriin. so celebrate with your mom, in noon times, evenings, mornings eveytime u get a chance not only one day from a year.

Mombasa queen nice topic, cutelilgirls, well said. shaabella u closed the case.

CK, what... u actually celebrate... loool waad ilbaxday hayye. ilaahey hakuu siyaadiyo ilbaxnimadaada.

I just want to say I disagree with you there. Just because it's invented by gaalo, doesn't mean it's wrong for muslims to participate in it. Democracy was invented by gaalo, advanced medical technology was invented by gaalo etc., does that mean it's wrong for muslims to copy those things?

Mother's Day is not a Christian holiday, it's a cultural thing. Some muslim countries celebrate things that are not mentioned in Islam, but that don't go against it either.

I know a lot of Somali who think like that. That just because they are gaal, everything that springs from their mind goes against Islam.

Islam encourages devotion to your mother, and makes it even compulsory. Yes, you should show nothing but affection and respect towards your mother every single day, but Islam would be the last religion in the world to stand against celebrating the sacred institution of motherhood.

And I don't see anything wrong with Muslims who live in a non-muslim country, people who were born and raised there, to participate in some of the cultural events. I don't see anything wrong with Muslims celebrating Independence Day in the USA, even if it is invented by gaalo.

Just because the Prophet (peace be upon him) didn't do something, it doesn't mean it can't be good. In a sense, when a Muslim celebrates Mother's Day, the way I see it, is that he knows more than any other, how important a mother really is.

If you personally don't believe in it, that's just fine. I don't celebrate it every year (sometimes I even forget), but not because it's a day orginally invented by gaalo.

It doesn't matter whose idea it was first to perform a certain act, what's important is the individual intentions behind the person commiting the act.

Qac Qaac   

Xu ok whatever u say.

U.S. independence day July 4th, we have to celebrate this one too. Xu i don't agree with u too here either. so let's leave it at that.

but do some more research actually what these days stand for ok. bye.

Well I only mentioned independence day as an example, I never said you had to celebrate it. Just if a muslim wanted to celebrate it, I didn't see any objections from an Islamic point of view.

Do some research? Oh gosh, I thought Mother's Day stood for 'celebrating your mother' and Independence stood for when the colonist declared their independence from the English. But obviously that's not all!

Since you implied that you know something about this that I don't, care to enlighten me what these days stand for?

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

u r very smart u could get it for yourself.

hmm, that's what I would say if I didn't have any arguments left. But then again, if I didn't, I would just admit it.

lol   

Queen: forget about these woers... let me tell u what to do for your mom..

Take her to a Spa and girl.. let her have the pedicure, manicure, facials.. wrapped up with a nice Thai massage.. hmmmm hmmm hmmmm now that should get the old lady rock n rolling...As for my mom well I do tend to surprise her from time to time....but that special day normally I take her out to one of my Favorite restraunts and tell her jokes till she laughs her heart out....and on our way I buy her ice cream... to lower that pressure... since she has been laughing long :D

mmmmmmmmmmmh o mmmmmmmmmmmmmmh walahi my mommy would love that she would love it so much so i will do that for her. thanx for that its really good i can fell the massage mmmh.

king_450   

For those of you who Celebrate mother's day, do you also celeberate ,Thanksgiving,Christmass,Fathers'day,Columbus day,Ash wednesday,Valentine day,? If you do i have a news for you, these are not truely celebrated whole heartedly, it is just a Comercial to selll and buy,no less no more.

Xalimo7   

Hey K450 gr8 seeing (' _ ') u bro, well i don't think any 1 celebrates any of those as you said commercials, except as i see some other thread Mom's day, so no one.