Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Love doesn't exist or does it?

Janna   

Originally posted by Ameen:

We know Allah, the All-Mighty, speaks about love in Surah Rum and there are many incidents about the sahaaba and their experiences with “love”, so here is one scholar writing about this ever debated issue.

Ibn Hassan, a great scholar who lived in 300 hijra, says in his book Tuhul’ Hamaama, “for my part, I consider love as a conjunction between scattered parts of souls that have become divided in this physical universe, a union affected within the substance of original elements” – in other words, he believes love is something of out of control and not in our hands, why, because when Allah created us, a part of our souls travels the universe, and this is supported by the hadeeth of the Prophet (saw) when he spoke about about sleep and he said, when we sleep our souls depart partially from the body and those souls start meeting each other in the upper universe [this hadeeth and much more about the soul is researched and written about in the book called “Mysteries of the Soul” by Abu Bilal Mustafa Al-Kanadi (may Allah have mercy on him)].

Ibn Hassan being a literalist, continues by saying, “parts and elements of those souls meet in this universe and by meeting together (those unions) in this world, that will bring love and unity, and when they depart and go back to their respected bodies, if they were not to be together the love wont exist between them” and he says its something that’s not in our hands rather it is something that has been decreed by Allah and it happens because those parts, elements of love, are meeting together in that upper universe and when they come back and meet in this physical life, they will find that intimacy and love.

It’s a physiological perspective.

And he further explains by saying, that’s why you see those who are attracted to each other because they have that relationship in the upper world and the Prophet(saw) said in another hadeeth, “the souls are like recruited armies if they know each other, they will come and join together, and if don’t know each other, they will disagree with each other” because of this hadeeth, Ibn Hassan (may Allah have mercy on him) says, “love has nothing to do with beauty or any other physical characteristics”…and his proof is based on the fact that some people love the inferior characteristics over the superior. He explains, what is considered beauty for one person is not necessarily for the next person and the example for this is, some people are attracted to shorter people while other are attrached to those who are taller, and therefore it can not be about the physical characteristics rather it is about the soul itself. However, even though he says love does not originate from physical characteristics, he says, there still has to be something common for two people to love each other and he supports this theory by saying, “that’s why you will never find two people in love with each other without there being some likeness and agreements of natural attributes between them”. In conclusion, love is as real as eman.

And Allah knows best.

Powerful.

Originally posted by cynical lady:

lol@ Sophist gal i have always believed that but i am glad to see am not alone in the matter may u convert many ppl.

LOL @ ^^ Sophist I told you man stop siding with chicks they gonna keep thinking you are one of them!!!

ps; whats wrong with your phone?!

Does Love exist? well yeah guess it does, if it didn't they wouldn't have wrote all those books, songs, novels and poems about it!!!

taksim   

heheheeh thank you dear cynical....I feel the stirring of love and hope to get a full blown fourth of July situation....I just hope i live to tell about it :)

Sophist   

Cynical! I am a brother!

Conspricy: Cuz, I called you and left msg on your voicemail man. Work has been really hectif of late; bonuses are around the corner so as you can imagine everyone is trying to impress the boss = work or seem to be working hard: staying at the office later than it is necessary;;;;; everyone is doing it too!!!.