Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Love doesn't exist or does it?

Ku meel gaadh, huh? Tolow goormaad gaadheysaa that Porche 911? Never? I thought so. :D

As for my fit, I don't know about that. However cute the Micra is, it is a little too common for my taste. If I had to choose I would go for a lotus elise. ;)

Go Mr Prada!

Janna   

Originally posted by FirstLady:

For the sister who asked how do you know when you get a good pair of shoes? Well sister, try them on at the department store, walk around a little, see if they fit you well and if they are the style you like. Some styles that loook great on others might look horrible on you or vise versa. In terms of relationship,checkout how he is others, how he acts with his family, friends. Observe is personality, be friends at the beganing, you get to know what ticks the person. Then after only you can assess if you want (purchase..lol)..want to be with this person or not.

That is atleast what I think!

Hopefully I helped you with your question.

Firstlady

Let's not apply love to items, it makes the concept of love difficult to grasp. Since you cannot be with the person every hour of the day, it becomes hard to analysis their behaviour when dealing with others in a respectable manner.

Dismissing behavioural relationships, lets discuss how a person may convey his/her feelings to the person they admire. What is your opinion regards to this, Lady? Is it not appropriate for a woman to declare her undying love for a man? Reading books written by Jane Austen has not persuaded me to think this way. I am very traditional when it comes to matters of the heart and direct feelings presented from a woman to a man are not in my norm.

Rea   

its all about believe !!!

Sister let me point the obvious. im sure u heard of the famous phrase by Descartes "I think, therefore I am" (Cogito ergo sum)

so …if u believe love exits than it sure does exist and if u think it doesn’t exist ..as u pointed out, than u r out of luck Sister…

as 4 those who complain about love.. Well they are complain about people not love coz in love, u see no faults! Its all about counting ur bless not ur veto!

Advice : Change ur thinking and receive one the best things about this world OR roll like those complainers!

Just decide on one thing !! :cool:

Janna   

Months after posting this topic, I have come to realise love does exist. Ironically, Somali women do not marry for love. Chatting to my relatives and other Somali ladies, all claim they never married for love. :rolleyes: Only the truthful few are courageous enough to admit their undying love for their husband.

Somaliaonline members, ask your parents if they married for love. Fathers will admit it, will the mothers? :D

Aaliyyah   

"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put Love and mercy between your (hearts) verily in that are signs for those who reflect."

- ArRum 30:21

Love exists no doubt.

wa salaamu alaikum

Aaliyyah   

Jenna lol@ will the mothers. i dont discuss love with my parents. The only thing that i hear is u need to get married , sharaftaada wa in aad alaalisa.

wa salaam

Janna   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Jenna lol@ will the mothers. i dont discuss love with my parents. The only thing that i hear is u need to get married , sharaftaada wa in aad alaalisa.

wa salaam

It's 21st century dear and showing love is not a form of shame however declaring first is criminal.

Jaceyl walaal miyaad u guursanlaheed? :D

Hayat   

i have never heard of anything more preverted then the concept of love. love is a western idea. it simply is a four letter word that has no meaning and stance to me. when i hear some of the girls i know speak of thus, my stomach turns i feel like putting them out their misery for once and for all and smack some senses into them. love doesn't exist, its not earthly bound thus it is bound to fail~this should be peoples driving analogy.

A friend of mine once spoke of how madly she felt for a guy, listening to her i had to constantly replace her use of the word "love" with "infatuation". she had understood that i was associating her with being naivee, and had told me that i would see it for my own oned day. blood rushed to my cheecks, was she in anyway imnplying that i was the naivee one. with my calm auroa i simply told her that love is a temporary insanity and that it only comes after marriage right now it wasn't her heart but rather her hormones raging out of control. she had not spoken to me for couple of weeks. when she had married she finally confessed that i was right.

in conclusion love does not exists, it only exists for those lucky few who don't chase it and see the sense of "consumerism" behind it. but for those that do so, i feel a sense of pity on your behalf for you effort will be in vain. :D

Aaliyyah   

"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put Love and mercy between your (hearts) verily in that are signs for those who reflect."

- ArRum 30:21

this ayah shows that god created for us mates and put love between us, this shows that luv does exist. So dont u think u are contradicting allah's words when u point luv as western ideology.

wa salaam

Ameen   

We know Allah, the All-Mighty, speaks about love in Surah Rum and there are many incidents about the sahaaba and their experiences with “love”, so here is one scholar writing about this ever debated issue.

Ibn Hassan, a great scholar who lived in 300 hijra, says in his book Tuhul’ Hamaama, “for my part, I consider love as a conjunction between scattered parts of souls that have become divided in this physical universe, a union affected within the substance of original elements” – in other words, he believes love is something of out of control and not in our hands, why, because when Allah created us, a part of our souls travels the universe, and this is supported by the hadeeth of the Prophet (saw) when he spoke about about sleep and he said, when we sleep our souls depart partially from the body and those souls start meeting each other in the upper universe [this hadeeth and much more about the soul is researched and written about in the book called “Mysteries of the Soul” by Abu Bilal Mustafa Al-Kanadi (may Allah have mercy on him)].

Ibn Hassan being a literalist, continues by saying, “parts and elements of those souls meet in this universe and by meeting together (those unions) in this world, that will bring love and unity, and when they depart and go back to their respected bodies, if they were not to be together the love wont exist between them” and he says its something that’s not in our hands rather it is something that has been decreed by Allah and it happens because those parts, elements of love, are meeting together in that upper universe and when they come back and meet in this physical life, they will find that intimacy and love.

It’s a physiological perspective.

And he further explains by saying, that’s why you see those who are attracted to each other because they have that relationship in the upper world and the Prophet(saw) said in another hadeeth, “the souls are like recruited armies if they know each other, they will come and join together, and if don’t know each other, they will disagree with each other” because of this hadeeth, Ibn Hassan (may Allah have mercy on him) says, “love has nothing to do with beauty or any other physical characteristics”…and his proof is based on the fact that some people love the inferior characteristics over the superior. He explains, what is considered beauty for one person is not necessarily for the next person and the example for this is, some people are attracted to shorter people while other are attrached to those who are taller, and therefore it can not be about the physical characteristics rather it is about the soul itself. However, even though he says love does not originate from physical characteristics, he says, there still has to be something common for two people to love each other and he supports this theory by saying, “that’s why you will never find two people in love with each other without there being some likeness and agreements of natural attributes between them”. In conclusion, love is as real as eman.

And Allah knows best.