Sign in to follow this  
Buuxo

Tech savvies holla.

Buuxo   

Hi all,

anyone know how i can reformat my computer. It's badly infected with viruses that i can't even log-in. How do i clear /get rid of everything?

Mahadsanid.

nuune   

Cabdiyo, computerkaaga in la farfareeyuu rabaa, if you wana get rid of everythin, then do factory settin, this would be good if you are gettin rid off everythin and makin it as u bought it.

if it is only viruses, then you can remove da viruses, AVG ANTI VIRUS IS GOOD.

or give it to me, I will smash it for you if you want to destroy it

Buuxo   

factory settting? yes i do want it like i bought.Get rid of everything.

I got antivirus but i can't even run ,as it been locked and i can't get in.hmmm, Don't computers have a meel la juqeeyo with pen or something to completely reformat or is it more complicated?

Urban   

lol sis, no. You definitely need a windows CD and someone who knows how to re-install it.

Ask people you know, or someone here might be able to give you a step by step guide for you to print. I'd got for the first option.

Buuxo   

Urban,No? How about a button? I have windows CD and all the software i need to reinstall.

If i don't get it.I will have to go to plan B and ask a friend.But im checking if it's somthng i can do.

Where is Aw-Dhubad and other people with comp techical skills.Is it really too complicated to get rid of everything?

^ The re-Installation process is quite easy actually .. all it requires of you is to follow the on-screen prompts .. but it is a good idea to plan for it and any similar future occurrences.

One of the difficulties is hardware drivers. do you have the OEM drivers & utilities that came along with the laptop ? if you do then the whole process is easy and can be done by yourself .. but if you don't .. it requires some extra precautions and steps.

Originally posted by Cabdiyo Cabdi:

Hi all,

anyone know how i can reformat my computer. It's badly infected with viruses that i can't even log-in. How do i clear /get rid of everything?

Mahadsanid.

save your work and try system restore.

Anyways, PC's are easily infected with viruses, you should've gotten a mac.

roobleh   

Cabdiyo, inaabti if u have the restore disk that came with ur computer, then shut down computer, put the restore cd in the drive, push power on then choose restore to original option. Then follow the rest of the instructions which will be easy. It may ask u the window authorization key that u need to key in.

Good luck! Let me know what happens

BOB   

These are the sort of classes that I should be attending because I know nothing beyond the basics when it comes to PC and don't even bother talking to me about uploading and upgrading...you must've noticed that I don't post any pics and not because I don't want to but because I DON’T KNOW HOW...

Peace, Love & Unity.

Dhubad.   

Originally posted by roobleh:

Cabdiyo, inaabti if u have the restore disk that came with ur computer, then shut down computer, put the restore cd in the drive, push power on then choose restore to original option. Then follow the rest of the instructions which will be easy. It may ask u the window authorization key that u need to key in.

Good luck! Let me know what happens

Cabdiyo, just follow what Rooble said on above and you should be fine. Let us know the outcome and good luck

People should not be saving any DATA to the primary partition only Operating system, software applications should be on the primary partition.

all data should be stored on a non-primary partition so that eventually when the OS becomes corrupted you just re-install the operating system and your software programs on the primary without touching the drive on which your data resides.

- Another thing is an Anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware are not optional programs they are a necessity .. and it makes sense to not put all your eggs in one basket i.e if AVG is your anti-virus don't use it as your anti-spyware .. avoid having a single point of failure. schedule updates and full scans at least 1 time a week

- when you have a clean install make an image of your entire system .. which will serve as a restore point in the future when you need it.

- make regular backup of your important files & data .. preferably full backup 1 time a month and incremental backups 1 time a week (grandfather-father-son scheme if your stuff is very important) .. these are all automated so you just need to provide the media when it is time.

most of these things have been made so easy now that you dont need a tech to set them up for you.

Buuxo   

^You lost me in partition. :(

Faheema,sis i did get answers on the downloading music from Ipod.I got it on my laptop.Now the PC has bigger issues.Dixiri iyo viruses aa isbaaro dhigtey.And i want clear everything.

Roobman,that sounds like easy to follow instructions but i can't seem to locate the said cd.Any other easy-to-follow steps?

roobleh   

Cabdiyo, try this one first,inaabti. If you can find any antivirus on CD Rom, you could try booting your computer from this CD instead of hard drive. This should run an antivirus scan and possibly find and disable the virus.

Lets know what happens!