Che -Guevara

Erdogan says Somalia has invited Turkey to explore for oil in its seas -NTV

I don't know but this very thought occurred to me,  wallaahi few years back.  Handing everything (and I mean almost everything) over to the Turks until we recover consciousness. 

To the naysayers,  we are lucky we have partners in Turks, not to mention the gesture of brotherhood Tayyip has shown us in 2011. 

1 hour ago, Dhagax-Tuur said:

I don't know but this very thought occurred to me,  wallaahi few years back.  Handing everything (and I mean almost everything) over to the Turks until we recover consciousness. 

To the naysayers,  we are lucky we have partners in Turks, not to mention the gesture of brotherhood Tayyip has shown us in 2011. 

Too late now.

Ethiopia and Eritrea are the national guard against Turkish.

Farmaajo missed the opportunity to have 20000 regular 2000 special soldiers trained equiped by Turkish quietly. Instead he went to Addis and Asmara and was told to stop andything Turkish and he did.

Turkey was second to China in Ethiopia 2 years ago. Now Turkish if at all are only active in Afar and Tigray. In Amxara they even burned Turkish investments.

The Jdibouti formula is the only one that works at this time.

Rent rooms next to each other to America and China. Priceless. Maybe India and Pakistan will be next. India for sure is coming to Djibouti. Japan, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Britain..are already there.

Somaliland should rent rooms to Russia and Britain that way UAE will not oppose.

11 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Ethiopia and Eritrea are the national guard against Turkish.

Can you elaborate on this? I fail to see the muscle that these two countries have to prevent Turkish influence in the region.  Unless other powers are using them. 

13 hours ago, Dhagax-Tuur said:

Nothing wrong with this. Turkiga has proven themselves inay Soomaaliya maalkooda, dhiigooda iyo xoogooda galiyaan without expecting anything back. Safaaradooda weyn ku taalo degmada C/casiiis haddaa aragtid safaarad la mid ah inay ku taalo Afrika ma moodi. Dhowr marna lug ayaan ku agmaray and it is safest part of Muqdisho. Ditto to Isbitaal Digfeer, a very modern hospital Soomaali kii dhaqaalo heysta iyo kii kaleba loogu adeegaayo, many of them iska bixin karin qiimaha are forgiven their debt. I have visited it many times since a relative of mine lagu qalay isbitaalka, sidaa moodaaye si ka casrisan ayaaba loo qalay.

And not to mention that training military base of theirs. Markaa diyaaradda Muqdisho ka dageyso aad saarantahay one can't stop but wonder how much it costed to built and the large land it sits on.

MMA what I don't seem to understand is why some not all Somalis seem to see the Turkish involvement one sided, meaning only Turks benefit which is not true.  Prior to 2011 no one entity,  be it private or governmental will bother risk any investment in somalia.  I think generations to come should be taught how turks came to this country's aid when she needed most. 

On 1/24/2020 at 6:51 AM, Dhagax-Tuur said:

Can you elaborate on this? I fail to see the muscle that these two countries have to prevent Turkish influence in the region.  Unless other powers are using them. 

Both Ethiopia and Eritrea are American assigned and in Trump's way UAE/SAUDI financed. The Arabs pay and America gives tasks. The Arabls also give Ethiopia and Eritrea assignments as long as it does not conflict with America.

Example: Arabs/UAE was so enthusiastic and chest pumping to crush Djibouti. America senate had designated Djibouti risk to national security, UAE had Eritrea on the ready. UAE spent billions in Ethiopia. They all tried nothing worked.

Now the Saudis are back in Djibouti. That was funny. UAE is billions out and nothing to show for it.

Eritrea has to stop Suakin/Sudan and Ethiopia has to stop Somalia from any Turkish plans.