Sign in to follow this  
JIDAAWY

Where were you born and raised?

Miriam1   

I am rather sad not to see any Doha ppl running around this post, wats up with all these jeddah folk!

Born and Raised in Qatar, Doha....this tiny penisula,you can drive from the begining of the country to the end of it in less than a day.

Moved to Toronto almost now 4yrs ago..time goes fast.

Opionated--About the citizen matter, you know what the weird thing is, you dont feel it because u are surronded by other immgrants like you..well resident aliens as they use to put it.

You begin to feel it when you leave the country and see the difference.

Iffah   

Originally posted by underdog:

I feel like the only one from Baadiye....

Hey, you're not alone. Altho I was born in Xamar, I was raised mostly in Baadiye(with grandparents)...then came back to Xamar...spent some time in Nairobi (~3mths), and now in Canada... :eek:

Adna   

salaam

let me see where i was born, since every one was born in city. mee geed hoostiisa, you wanna know geed ka magaciisa, have you ever heard heesta salaad darbi, which ceelbuur kuyaaleee ceentiisa leedahay. excatly that hoostiisa was my hosbital, and the funny thing is don't know what year was it. and move to kenya after that came here us and stock here in mpls.

Originally posted by Shayma:

I was born in Hargeisa and lived there for about 8 and half years and then the war broke out.
:(
:mad:

So, I went from
Hargeisa to
Dulcad
(lived on caano Nido and dry wheat for couple of months) to
Dire Dawa
(had enough canjeero to last me a life time) to
Djibouti
(too hot to do anything but drink Fanta and eat bagio all day) to
Paris
(transit) to
London
(hmmm…still trying to figure out).

Now that’s what I call a
True Qaxooti
:D:D

LoL @ Nido!

Mar hadaad soo martay Dulcad iyo dire dawa, I feel for you walaahi. That must have been a had journey.

MIZZ UNIQUE,

LoL...we are not sisters. Really. We only discovered our connection after we met on SOL.

Gediid,

Yeah, it was an easy life alxamdulilaah. I may follow in my mother's footsteps myself. ;)

Xalimo7   

Magnoona, i was born the district called "TICIS" i think the street name "Shaari Al- Jamal", close to the Markaz. That is all i remember.

see you,

I was born in Madina Hospital and the midwife on duty was none other than Edna Adan... :D ..

I was flabbergasted to hear that this woman is still at it and still in the business of midwivery!..

Ranya, do u know the Shucla Mall? I remember goin to a kiddy party(age 4 or 5) and my sister falling on one big empty pool they had inside. Masaakiiin.

Kool_Kat   

I was born in XAMAR CADEEY...Raised in Bakaaraha, then Holwadaag, then No. 4...

But I am definately reppin' KM 4, by the Airport...