Sign in to follow this  
VisiT

Glimpse of Somalis

raula   

Lol Mobb deeep..atleast Cedar area is more diverse..U of M campus(my 2nd home) and World-wide cultural festivals every years(especially now). But I like the 'model-lady'..is she modelling somali attire????? :cool:

Jamaal-11..are you sure that aint you with your 'mobile' outside the store.... :D;)

I also see Ameenah.. :D;) working in the kitchen redface.gif , trying to feed the hungry souls of SOL's in southall....kiddin'...keep your day job sis...

Rokko   

Raula, you right and now all the schoolz around it do rub and tell their new students each year how this hood is diverse and on..na'mean. As matter fact few timez, i run to group of student touring led by their professor..na'mean walking around..

Plus see how many school aroun it..the U, St.Kath..Augsburg College..it dont' get better nam'ean LOL...

CedarSide...Lol

Blessed   

Originally posted by raula:

I also see Ameenah..
:D;)
working in the kitchen
redface.gif
, trying to feed the hungry souls of SOL's in southall....kiddin'...keep your day job sis...

looooooooooool nayaaa. Islaanta cayda ka daa, I couldn't cook all that food without hooyos help lol

Laakin, don't listen to these west Londoners, everyone knows that good Somali food only exists in North London :D:D

___

Southall just scares me. The faaraxs there are so in ya face waa unblivable *shrugs* no girl should walk there without two male guards. I only go there for the annual Eid do by Samatar and that is a drive in-out affair!

I gets everything I need at my end of the woods .. no need for me to go the dirty south ....!!

Barwaaqo

Girl, I am gonna have to hook you up with my Ismlaamos >> they get the latest diruuc of the plan from dubai and they'll wait till pay day :D

Mowgli   

Asalaama Alaikum

I thought I'd bring this topic back...as much as I hate to say this...I miss Southall (strange the things you miss).

Lol Jamaal apparently the dude that owns it (the old guy is my cousin :eek: ). I called him awoowe out of respect and he was "naa bal inda adeerka aan aahay" obbis, I could tell he was slightly offended.

Lol I remember the days of hiding behind that bus stop every time I was sent to Dhabshiil and hoping no one would talk to me lool how i dreaded it when hooyo sent me there...*sighs* those were the days....

SuNsHyNe   

I must admit, Southall is one of those areas that you cannot live in but its soo cool to go there shopping for the latest diracs. They have the best Indian sweets! smile.gif

Someone should post pictures of Wembley?

The guys are very keen and never take "no" for an answer! Perhaps its just me and my girls when we speak somali coz we dont look it!! ;):D

Sophist   

Uuh such a soothing pictures make this dumpy afternoon shine with sun that I once knew!!1 just kidding people.

The first time I saw the ugly, the bad and horrid of what Southhal was to become to many (few exceptions accorded here) was a sunny August afternoon. In my formative teen years, just came from UAE I was to delivery a present to a distant cousin. I was told that I could find people who knew him in some house that was behind what then was Southhal Broadway (before it was burnt down by the Sikhs). As it was pointed to me, the name of the house was called 37 (the number was too 37). As I was about to knock the door, the door swung open; there emerged someone who you would take the save bet of being not only extremely intoxicated also you could swear he was deprived of a shower for a long days that he chewed on.

Anyhow, frightened, but not completely afraid I proceeded to enter. There sat numerous men chewing (you guess it, Qaat of course), looked happy, laughter flowing as though they are chatting with their intimate partners. I sheepishly asked whether there was anyone who knew my cousin (at the time, I was secretly hoping there would not be a person who would, cause I dreaded the fact that there may be people who were related to me in this horrible den)? A middle aged man, asked me what tribe my cousin belonged. I hesitated, and then the habitual idiotic shiteness of Somaliness came upon him, and he said in air of mocking Is he Midgaan? I was shocked the core, and immediately vacated the place.

Jamaal, that was my first experience of Southhal, a place full of brothers lost to the world they live. Happily marching on a journey that only besets their human destruction.

Anyhow, perhaps I am being bias being East End boy and what have you!

The East rocks!!!

Sophist

Paragon   

By libaax-sanka-feedhe "Jamaal-11, I think these pics look way better than the actuall Southall." Haa haa, my friend i wonder which section of southall you did visit during your stay. I tell you southall is cool.

By Athena "Dreadful smelly place..." Oh Kamon hee adina, you should be bigging up southall, afterall you are not that far away from it, are you? "nice chips tho" thats more like it :D

By Raula "Jamaal-11..are you sure that aint you with your 'mobile' outside the store" Oh no that is not me. I don't use my mobile in that style. Have you seen the picture of the guy who attached the mobile to his ear with the elastic band? I am into that! ;)

By Ameenah "Southall just scares me. The faaraxs there are so in ya face waa unblivable *shrugs* no girl should walk there without two male guards." Oh Ameenah, you disapointed me! cos I was gonna recruit you to Southall Xaliimos club! :D

By Miss_Nasima "Alaaaa ma Southall...ufffffff sorry meshu war urtaaa" I even had to shorten some of the 'ufffs', Nasimaa maxaa saas noogu galee!

By Sophist"...Jamaal, that was my first experience of Southhal, a place full of brothers lost to the world they live. Happily marching on a journey that only besets their human destruction." Waryaa! ma inaad Southall caydid baa laisku ogaa? Of all people, I thought you will be more of a Southall enthusiast!

PS: Although I live in Hayes, I feel obligated to defend it to the last drop of blood. WHy? cos i just love that place!

YOU CAN JAMAAL-11 OUT OF SOUTHALL, BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE SOUTHALL OUT OF JAMAAL-11

Bee, you are cool too, thank you very much darling! ;)

BALLERS - thats the spirit son... Southall til we die!