Sign in to follow this  
VisiT

Glimpse of Somalis

VisiT   

First let me take to the FAMOUS "THE GREEN", where most of Somalis like to refer it as Snookerka or the Social-clubka;

3011611.jpg

Secondly, I shall take you to Abdul's Restaurant. This is where Sheikhs like to eat, nice food.

3011616.jpg

How about a glimser of

3011610.jpg

^^ one of the oldest Somali shops to open in Southall.

Have you always wondered why food in Southall cafe's are so delicious? Then check out the crew thats behind the whole chain of events

3011614.jpg

Residents enjoying an stroll in Kingstreet, Southall.

3011615.jpg

Check it yo! its a Southall tink'

301169.jpg

VisiT   

broadwayone.jpg This is Southall Broadway in the afternoon on a weekday.

As you can see it's still very busy. This is the end closer to Hayes.

broadwaythree.jpg This place is so full of people that you can only take pics during the weekend lol. It is Southall Broadway

JASMIINE   

So this is Southall i heard so much about it. Am sorry to say this but it looks horrible, old looking clustered tiny streets. But i have to give it to the two ladies strolling the streets just like somalia.

Salaan...

Originally posted by illmatic:

That looks like hamer or eisliegh, it sure don't look like somewhere in Europe. I like the somali pple though.

Ilka, LoL. Don't you know that someone once uttered those words: "Nairobi is half London." However, whether London is half Nairobi or vice versa is the argument. And that is why Isilii iyo Southall isku eg yihiin.

And to the Visit, where is the Masaajidka Southall. The only beautiful building in that place was that masaajid I had seen while there.

Macsalaama.

Paragon   

LoL guys easy on old' Southall. It is my vacation zone, thats where i hang out when i have few days to spare.

Idil...Lol that shop is called Towfiiq and the owner was called Cusman dheere (who now owns another shop in Elephant and Castle), now owned by Ahmed Dheere from Norway. I know alot about the shop coz i helped open it in 1997. I remember even painting the decor Blue and White... earlier days when the internet connection was AOL and not DSL/broadband, there was one computer to start with, so I and Cusman (who is a good friend of mine) had to add 3 more lol. Oh those were days, short of cash and very inventive. In fact the shop was my second Job.

The picture where you see Xawaalada Dahab shiil use to be Jubba Afro-Hair Saloon, jubba later moved to Wembley Square. And D.H took over the place. On the lefter shops there use to be the famous SNOOKER-shop owned by Cusman Xuti and run by a late friend who suddenly died in 99, AUN- amiin. On the right to what is now D.H head quater, there Star-Telekom owned by C/casiis and still owned by him, once use to be run by another C/casiis...now others do. The onwer of this shop introduced the cheapest Intl calls in Southall, i remember Somalia 0.29, Kenya 0.29p and this has had an impact on other call-shop owners.

oh.... I can write a book about Southall lol

Laters

Haashim   

Originally posted by JASMIINE:

So this is Southall i heard so much about it. Am sorry to say this but it looks horrible, old looking clustered tiny streets. But i have to give it to the two ladies strolling the streets just like somalia.

Jasmine Somalia meel ha uga dhicin Somalia is more beatiful than this half Mumbai city :cool:

Jamal 11 dadka ha ugu yeerin buulasha Southall, waad ogtahay qof waddan kale bartay ma dhex socon karo Bombay :eek:

nuune   

lol bombay,jamaal,r u series u wanna write a book about southal,iam waiting that,please don't do it lol

N.O.R.F   

lol, man i used to get my daily bariis iyo sugaar takeway from abdul's restaurant after coming home from work.good quality food, especially if u cant cook and wont cook, killed my money tho,lol, i had my own account there. The rest of the place (except for the masjid) is just dreadful, tooooo many sieks.

Rokko   

Ohh boy I guess those who used to make fun of Cedar or Dixon are now saying..hmmmm maybe those places aren't that bad huh.

I guess pictures speak for themself..now what..

Representing CedarSide...LOL

Samafal   

oh.... I can write a book about Southall lol

LOL Sxb go ahead i support you all the way, plus I remember you working in that Call Shop ;) . Seriously though, Southall is a fantastic place where Somali businesses prosper but needs something to be done about those bystander who do nothing but gaze around like ''Lax bilaawe argatey'', I dont know why they stand there on day and night, it's just awful.

nafta   

for real the bleeding place is just a place ot avoid...the ppl, the houses, the cornershops....they all got one thing in common....THEY SMELL!! for real...its shyte!

Anyway ill minimise my swearing or ill have libaax on my case...gotta stay in their good books u know...always watching and leering over our backs icon_razz.gif ...trying to nail us with that one lil slip up...it's a friggin regime they got round here, but aint we just lovin' it! ;)

Ta ra