Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

Next stop on my world tour AKA get out of this dump called Alberta for 2 weeks

Baluug   

Awesome@Tuujiye, even if you don't show up, I'm trying to get out to Ottawa for a couple days anyways cuz I have relatives there.

Jealous, Juxa? :D

Tuujiye   

^^ Baluug you know how to get hold of me bro lool.. just come down to the East. we will see each other iinsha allah...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Juxa   

baluug haa nooh, for me next dream trip is to haj with my family insha allah

i hope you enjoy toronto, it is fabalous during the summer

Haneefah   

It boggles me to see Alberta of all places in Canada being called "a dump," particularly by someone living so near some of the most spectacular places not only in Canada, but in the world! Seriously, you should be grateful to Allah for the blessing of the abundant beauty he has bestowed on AB. smile.gif

Some of us drive for hours, or fly, and spend massive money just to experience the amazing natural scenery AB has to offer!! You may not be a nature's peron, but believe me, for most people, just a simple hike up one of those rocky mountains is worth more than anything they'll ever experience in Toronto, or in ON as a whole for that matter.

I am in the midst of planning a 2nd trip to the area, and I am just overwhelmed. I want to visit and spend some time on every lake, creek, fall and mountain, but time won't allow me to do so. I do have a question for you though, as an Albertan, whom I am assuming has much familiarity with the area: have you been down to kananaskis country? I understand it's not commercialized/busy as some of the other lakes near banff and Jasper, but I am curious about the hiking trails and their level of difficulty. Have you any suggestion?

Oh and best of luck in Toronto; I hope you enjoy it Insha Allah, and hope it's not too humid out there. smile.gif

I love Toronto by night full of social life & activities, by day it is ugly and boring. I found out reer Toronto's best somali maqaaxi they will take you is Hamdi Restaurant and there was also another one I think it is called Utop or something. When I was there everyone kept asking me whether I have been to Hamdi yet? you hear them say: "man, you should go there, it always full, you need advance booking" blah blah and I was like man I wanna go there...lets go there today. And I remember when I got there I found out it was not that much different than those typical somali restaurants in London.

Baluug   

^Restaurants are all the same, you sit and eat. Besides I've been to the Hamdi's in Edmonton anyways. But I heard the one in Toronto is open 24hrs so I might check it out if I'm hungry at 3am.

Haneefa LOL if it wasn't for the curvature of the earth, you'd be able to see from the Alberta-Saskatchewan border all the way across to Manitoba so i can understand that you're starving for some scenery, but I'm not the outdoors type so I apologize but I have no clue about Kananaskis or Banff or any part of that area in particular. The area I'm familiar with is the southeast portion of AB around Medicine Hat where I grew up, and that area is nothing but farmland.

Anyways, insha Allah I'm in Toronto on Friday!

I agree with Haneefah the only place in AB that can justifiably be called a dump is Ft. Mac .. everywhere else is beautiful I have been as far south as the AB/Montana border and north as far as AB/N.W.T border

Baluug   

I'm here now so drop me a line on here or on facebook if for some strange reason you might wanna see me :D

Baluug   

I did more walking in the last 2 days than ive done in 2yrs since i was in london. Feels good but my feet are killing me! Good exercise though

Juxa   

keep walking baluug, it is healthy.

reer toronto are not best of hosts (they all went into hiding already yaah)

Baluug   

Originally posted by peasant:

^ There is quite few of them if they made it through the earth quick..

I'm wondering if most of them got swallowed up by the earthquake :D but its all good, Pucca's helping me out. They're probably being smart and staying indoors during this heatwave, i've been sweatiing like qansiir and have blisters on my feet from all the walking.

Somalina   

Baluug, I feel for you, shame on the Torontonians for not welcoming you! :mad:

Put your feet in ice water, and you will feel better. I know the feeling trust me. ;) have a great vacation in Tdot.

Oz   

^^ Aren't you from Tdot? Where is MMA? His the one that wlc's Soler's who come to toronto, wad habbben MMA? if only Nuune was their you'd have alot of fan Cadaan.

And Haneefa its not all about you, :D you know. yaan la ceboobin wiilka cadaanka a.k.a Buluug ah hala soo dhooweeyo oo si sharaf ah loo so dhoweyo.

Bloody Torontorians. :D