Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Bollywood star to play loose Muslim woman

Ms DD   

Bollywood star to play loose Muslim woman

An Indian Bollywood star has signed to play the role of a Muslim woman in Hollywood who has relationships with three men after going from ultra-traditional Muslim to ultra-liberal.

Mallika Sherawat is to star in a Hollywood film ‘Unveiled’ to be directed by Bill Bannerman.

Talking about the film, Bannerman said: "Unveiled is a film about a Muslim woman who has two husbands and a lover. It is a twisted film noir, sexy thriller and dark drama. It is the first Hollywood film to feature a female Muslim protagonist."

Mallika said: "It’s a fantastic story - part thriller, part psychological drama, part film noir...It was so fast paced and exciting and so well written, I couldn’t put it down for a second,"

TW00007529L.jpg

She added: "And the icing on the cake was that it’s a story from the point of view of a woman…she goes from an ultra-traditional Muslim environment to an ultra-liberal Western one. This is a script I could never say no to."

Bannerman is Clint Eastwood’s assistant director and has been honoured by the Director’s Guild of America as the best assistant director for ‘Unforgiven’, the film, which went on to win Oscar awards for best director and best film.

About casting the Indian actress, Bannerman said: "I was impressed by Mallika’s acting prowess in ‘Murder’ and knew by instinct that she will be able to do justice to the role perfectly."

Bannerman is directing the feature film with his mentor Eastwood’s blessing.

Describing the character, to be played by Mallika, he said: "Behind the dark burqa (veil), there lies a sexy, manipulative victim, who’s dangerous as well as in grave danger."

http://www.themuslimweekly.com/fullstoryview.aspx?NewsID=681B478C099BBAD85CE69CB8&MENUID=INTNEWS&DESCRIPTION=International%20News

Changed   

Before i read this thread i was screaming please not malika sherawat...goodness gracious of all people they picked her..dang it...

Ms DD   

^^ Who is she supposed to be? I am not familiar with her.

I am just not sure how the story of a muslim woman with 2 husbands came about and where the inspiration came from.