Sign in to follow this  
OG Moti

SAAYID MOHMED ABDULLA HASSAN

OG Moti   

LP_girl he was the major Somali history, and well said sis ... indeed he was exceptional fellow... Allah yarhamuh

Siman   

Indeed, Sayid Mohamed was a super-hero, very well known not only by Somalis but internationaly as well.

this local University offers couse called" Islam and East African" and Sayid Mohamed was a major figure in the class. The text book has many of his peotry both Somali and english. It was a great feeling and I was so proud of him.

here is one of his gabayo in respond to critisims he received from his opponents

"Nin Ilaah yaqaan oo sharciga,ku isticmaala

Ashahaado loo qoray nimaan,kala allaaweynin

Oo aan ankirahayn xaq waa, la oggolaadaaye

Nin salaadda awqaadda faral, u addimoonaaya

Oo dagada oofinahayoo,ugubka dhiibaaya

Oo aan bakhaylnimo abkiis.lagu ishaareynin

Nimaan diinta aafo u geleyn,aakhiruu sabanka

Oo aan amxaarada sidii,obo u yaacaynin

Oo gaalka ooradu ku taal,u askaraynnaynin

Nimaan abuurka Soomaliyeed,ka anfi taageynin

Oo aan ajuurada kufriga,ugu adeegeynin

Oo aan ardiga beesadeed,u ashtakooneynin

Nin jahaad ohoominahayoo,ubaxa loo saaray

Ingiriiska eygaa ninkii,ugu uneexaaya

Oo libin ajri leh soo heloo.or iyo geeraar leh

Nimanyahow aqoonxumadu,waa ardaalnimo e

Asaraar ma fiicnee runbaan.lagu arooraaye

Ninkii aynigaa lagu yaqaan,aw islaan ma aha

Shir aguugay waayeel abyamay,tala ashaaddowdey

Irda jiqa albaabo isku xiran,eel la bixin waayay

Xaajadaas afraha duubatee,loo olmami waayay

Nin aqoon leh aw iyo haddii,odaygu loo saaro

In kastoo ayaan iyo ayaan,lagu aloollaado

Ninkii maalintaa ka aarinsha,aaqil aw ma aha?

Wiiwiida qaylada haddii,uubatadu yeedho

Sengootida ilwaadda leh haddii,agabta loo qaato

Awaaraha buska leh maalintuu,xamar abraaraayo

Maantii warmaha oofta iyo, adhaxda lays gooyo

maantuu aboodigu ku lalo,ubaxa loo daadshay

Maantii isaaya la dhaco idil dagaalkeeda

Maantii fuluu naga ordoo,alabasoo rooro

Maantii raggaan loo ileyn naga ugaaroobo

Mantaa ninkii aarsan sow,aarka dhacay ma aha?

Nimaan edebdarrooneya xil waa laga ajoodaaye

Aflagaadda aan jirin nimaan,kuula imaneynin

Oo kaa asluubanahayoo,kaa istixyoonaaya

Ab uu yahayba aadniga ninkii,same ekeynaaya

Abtirsiinya kii xigay nimaan,iriq u dheeraynin

Addomaha Ilaahy nimaan,kala irdhaynaynin

Ninkii aamusoo shib ah haddii,eray xun loo geysto

Aan kula ekeekamin intuu,urur ku soo joojo

Aan xaaja aawgeed la gubay, ubucda jeexaynin

Anfaaciga adduunyada nimaan,ku anfariiraynin

Oo xeeryo soor lagu akhatimay,ibir ka yeelaynin

Oo sida ardaal wax u cunee,alam ka siineynin

Intuu aqalka baanjiyo,nimaan aradda guulguullin

Aagaanta ciirtaa nimaan,aaska dhiganaynin

Oo aan qumbaha awdanoo,ilaxirkow jiidan

Aaqibadii loo galo nimaan kala illaaweynin

Oo kuu ixsaan fali intuu,edeg adduun joogo

Oo aan abaaldhaca aqoon sow,ikhyaar maaha?

Ari badan lo' iyo geel intii,mulug adduunyaada

Ugub dhalaya qaalmaha umulee,laga unnun gooyey

Eeraan fardood iyo gammaan,aradka duulaaya

Ninkii maalintaad iillaan tahay,aana kugu qaataa

Oo aan abaarahakan dhacay, oodda kugu jiidin

Itaalxumana aan kaaga tegin, sow ikhwaan ma aha?"

Diiwaanka Gabayadii Sayid Mohamed

M Ibrahim

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

I hope we find another somali son to unite Somalia!

I have a gut feeling this time it will be a female!! :D

Dhimbil   

Sayidka was once in a life time phenomena, i don't think somalis can produce such a man.

Ilaahoy u naxariiso oo jenada ka waraabi. ameen

bilan   

salaam

i do not want to be the one who brings the bad news, but if we talking about history, sayid mohamed was not that great, i agree he was the best poet that somali ever produced, but also he committed many crimes, killed thousand of innocent people in the name that they were kuffar, if you read his poets you can see that.

Ladiif   

Bulo, what is your definition of innocent ppl? you must know a different def than I do

And please stop bashing the Sayid, we all know somalia haven't had and might never have likes of him!!

OG Moti   

Well said All, and che bro thnx a lot for the nice picture, latiif well said to this guys who said he killed innocent people, bulo what is innocent in ur definition like the brother asked?

Sayid mohmed abdulla hassan's soldiers killed my Great grand father, and i dont blame him for it.. and beside i beleive he did killed some people who refuse to take part of the Jihad and that is called justice not crime, Somalia was on Jihad and anyone who do not take part is not innocent but a criminal, even during the prophet P.B.U.H those who did not take part on the jihad Allah got angry of them and damn them, and the Prophet P.B.U.H did not speak to them ... so he did nothing wrong he gave somalia dignity they are enjoying today, he united somalia thought many islam and islamic law and planted in to people hearts the love of God, islam and the country, his only mistake was he was way a head of everyone he was so many steps ahead of somalis and it is not his mistake, for short he was exceptional fellow, May Allah give him mercy and reward him heaven... what a man he was, proud to be Somali because of him and others... love and peace

bilan   

salaam

guys i hope you will accept the differences, you think he was great and i think he was closer to monster than a hero, or mujahid, my definition of innocent is someone who did not kill anyone like kids, and sayid muhamed killed kids, women and old people. he burned down a whole village, why are you guys denying that he killed kids, when he was arrogant enough to say that in his poets like this one one of his men, rejected his ideas and left him unfortunately that man left his little kids when the sayid found out what the man did he ordered his kids to be killed and said this "cabdulle shixriyoow arki maysid inamadaadiiye" it is long but i thin this sentence says what he is, i do not think that is action of mujahid or normal human being, here is another of his "gabanada cismaan dhalay gabana ha ka imaanina ......(he mantions a tribe) geel waxay lahaayeen gacmahiina ka buuxsada, waxay guunyo haystaan gunta iiga soo jara" are you guys saying that someone who knows anything about our religion will really order his army to rob, kill another village because they refused to follow him, do not say they refused the "jihad" because he spent most of his time killing somali rather than british,here is another one he was talking to his men and telling them what he wants them to do,"haruun gumaad baan lahaa gabdhna how reebin" here he is actually telling them to kill all the children of certain man, wow what a hero!!!. this is not about politics but i think that when og-moti started this topic he was not assuming that everyone will glorify his beloved sayid. if you guys really read honest history you will find out that he was criminal, but how rare it is to find honest history, even if you read his poets you can see that he was no mujahid or hero but the blood of his victims were dripping from his hands. i could not even write many of his poets because half of them he was bashing a tribe, and the other half he was encouraging two tribes to kill each other. who ever accused me bringing politics or attacking him, i will say to them i'm not attacking him but simply stating the facts, and this has nothing to do politics but only one man.but honestly i hope allah will forgive him as much as i hope Allah will forgive today's warlords who passed away.

BULO,

it is such a crying shame for you to compare him with a warlord, the criminals who destroyed the same things he sacrificed his dear life for.

without him you would've born slave so are the rest of these blood thirsty warlords.

you say he talks about tribalism and murdering kids and women but you delibrately ignore to mention that he also used to tell his daraawiish

"GACAN WALBA WAXEY GEESATO BEY LEEDAHAY" meaning in the day of KHIYAAMA.

he knew about the religion more than any Somali person will ever know and that includes your beloved warlords and you and me so let us not even go there.

regardless of what you may read about him or heard about him every somali person knows he only had in his heart what was best for his beloved SOMALI people and thanks to him we had a place where we could all call home.

if he wasn't our saviour don't you think his family would've reaped the rewards of all these camels and other livestocks that you claim he wrestled from other Somali families?

my point is he simply was the greatest Somali man ever lived wether you like it or not that is your problem.

P.S it not about politics but me expresssing what i read and heard about him and i am proud he was our founding father i wouldn't have chosen any other soul to be respected that much but him because he simply deserves it.

Siman   

originally posted by OG_Girl:

Siman, sweety i wish if i could read it , thanxx sis. could u translate it in english.

Oh... I am really Sorry OG_Girl, I didn't know U don't read Somali. Well as far as translating it goes, I don't even understand the meaning of many of the Somali vocabularies in the peotry. I used to have Text book with his Gabayo in both English and Somali translations, I could look for the textbook and post some of this peotry if U like.

OG Moti   

Brother Shaka Zulu I couldnt say better, well said brother, to me I searched in somali history to find someone i look up to and have the ultimate respect he as SAYID MOHAMED ABDULLA (Alaha unaxariisto) came first in the list, i do respect many others but he is the founder of Somalia the father of somali freedom,

Bulo brother you are simply not stating facts and we all know SAyidka had many enemies even somalis, so they changed his history and added fictions and lies to his history to distroy his reputation, and you know well that he could been a king and the british offered him wealth and kingdom to rule somalia under their supervision, but he turned them down and choice to fight against them till last kaafir leaves somalia, how for god sake such a man could you call a criminal, brother he said many things in his poems, critisized tribes, including his tribe, and we all know why, cause during his time, there was no journal and poetry was his journal, his only means of spreading his words and teaching, and we all know poetry to be effective you need to get attentions and some of his poetry which sounds so hard and difficult were because of getting peoples attentions, and brother you couldnt be far from true when you said he killed children and women, even ignorant somalis those days never harmed women and children and how could you say the sheikh did that, maybe you are mixing him with some of the warlords of today..

I dont know if you attacking him because of his tribe, for your information SAYIDKA had no tribe, he was simply a hero of Somalia, so bulo I understand where you coming from, and the great thing about Sayidka is he did not mention bad things of one tribe or two, but he did attacked in his poetry all somali tribes specially his own tribe, and that shows 2 things that most somalis dont understand

1. he knew somalis so well, and all the things he mentioned was true about each tribe

2. he didnt do it from descriminating but he did for encouragement,

by the way to compare him with modern life, he is a perfect human resource manager and a perfect politician and religios man, he was an ideal,

bulo read his histroy from all sources and use your judgement dont use the judgment of his haters and i assure you .. you will change your mind.. peace

bilan   

salaam

first of all i'm not brother :D , to say that with out him we would not have independence is exagratation,cause he died 1921, and we remained under occupation another 40+years, the only reason he died broke was he was defeated, and died as refugee in IImeey.og-moti actually i read from his story from his supporter if you know aw-jama cumar ciise, you will know how much he loves and admire the sayid, and to say that his poets was fabricated is really amazing, because all poets that i quoted were written by his followers,and they are very well known. and for you to say that he did not kill children, i will not buy them, because i have seen the families whom he destroyed, i have seen whatever left from them, i will say again he killed women and kids , because as of today their great-grand nieces and nephwes still remember their names, and at that time they were less than 15 years,the only reason he killed them was that because their village did not join his organization.i started reading his history my 1st grade,and still read his poems, yeah i admire that he was talented, but also he was merciless leader the only difference between him and today's warlords is that they are not talented. i do not even want to talk about whatever he said from tribes , because that does not bother me, but i'm troubled that people will want to deny his well recorded crimes.he did recorded his crimes just read his poems you will see how he is saying he will go and kill all reer hebel, or burn reer hebel tuuladooda etc.that is if you can't find his victims' descendents.i actually did not read from his haters, only from his supporters, and i will not change my mind because i know for sure he was criminal, i just do not want call him more than that cause he is no longer with us to defend himself, but what can i say as long as you want to make him perfect human being i can not help but reveal his dark side.