Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

What is the true population of Somalia?

ah i see i have it wrong, perhaps the sources i looked at meant those actually living in the country.

Here's the enlarged map of the Diaspora:

Somalia_Diaspora.jpg

Peacenow   

15-17 million is more realistic and within my estimates.

Interesingly, it would mean that the population sample that the United Nations Population Division used in it's 2004 report ''World Population Change 1950-2050, the 2004 Revision'' for Somalia in 2050 of around 25million will be widely off the mark.

With the population easely over 50million on 6.1 growth at current 15-17million today. Very good news.

Peacenow   

Centurion, you need to think in a broader context. We are facing a bitter enemy in Ethiopia. Who is growing like a locust. One can only imagine what size it will be tommorow, let alone in 2050.

A Somali state of potentially 50million, gives a state a strategic barrier to counter a bigger enemy and a context within which internationally, Somalia can hold up and taken notice of.

Currently, the USA has designated, 4 countries in Africa ''consultative status'' you can guess, which 4 they are, who is also in it.

Centurion, you need to think in a broader context. We are facing a bitter enemy in Ethiopia. Who is growing like a locust. One can only imagine what size it will be tommorow, let alone in 2050.

A Somali state of potentially 50million, gives a state a strategic barrier to counter a bigger enemy and a context within which internationally, Somalia can hold up and taken notice of.

Currently, the USA has designated, 4 countries in Africa ''consultative status'' you can guess, which 4 they are, who is also in it.

Nevertheless, if we remain in the political situation we are currently in, it just means more anarchy, and chaos at a grander scale.

A stateless nation of 50 million people can do nothing against local rivals.

I didn't quite understand what you meant when you were referring to the US.

The Zack   

OG's in Western Somalia, NFD, and Jubba's are 6.5 million, intiina kale isa soo tiriya oo noo soo sheega tiradiina.... That is according to the official tolka census.

PeaceNow, Ethiopians maybe larger in number than Somalis but keep in mind Ethiopia can breakdown into smaller states any times. Those people don't even belong to each other.

Saalax   

Originally posted by The Zack:

OG's in Western Somalia, NFD, and Jubba's are 6.5 million, intiina kale isa soo tiriya oo noo soo sheega tiradiina.... That is according to the official tolka census.

PeaceNow, Ethiopians maybe larger in number than Somalis but keep in mind Ethiopia can breakdown into smaller states any times. Those people don't even belong to each other.

you meant to say somalis? cause it's somalis who live in somali region......