Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Are Asian muslims racists?

I think the problem is, we dont agree on what racism actually is.

I have a friend who sees racism in everything. you shouldn't tolerate it, but to be so consumed by it you look for it in every word, gesture of someone who is a different race that is crazy and i have noticed this among African Americans much more than those who are raised in africa.

I do not consider myself racist, but I would not give my sisters to african america, arab,asian etc. only Somalis may have that honor and yet i have nothing against Asians Muslim, or otherwise.

maybe I'm wrong but what exactly do you consider racism because it is a stretch to jump from stuck up, unfriendly to racist.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Gabadhaan qof u daliiga ayee raadineysaa, ee dadkiina Minnesota degan halkoo u taab taabto u raadiya yaaqeey, for waxaan frustration waa dhaaftee.

:D

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by Modesty:

I don't like the majority of Somalis as well, they all suck in my opinion...they have no national pride, they have issues all of them, they are evil, they are xasiids, they are always being jealous/haters of people. I think I'll do another topic on that in the future...insha'ALlah.

Hi modesty!

I have a variety of friends from all backgrounds and for me I don’t pay any attention to what race people have, because in my opinion race has nothing to do with action or any certain lifestyle. However, some people have issue with other races, but mainly their opinions on other races comes from their parents or the people they hangout with. Let’s face it, whether it’s a conscious thing or not, we all put stereo-type on people based on race, religion etc. It is not right but we do.

Thus if your attitudes are based on experiences you’ve had in your lifetime or if you had bad experience with someone of certain group/race, it doesn’t mean they all are like that. The best thing to do is to surround yourself with people of all different races to give you a new perspective and help you realize that race doesn't define a person.

Also you are generalizing and making value judgments on Somali people into one category. In my point of view, no one, no race is ever purely good or purely bad. There are no moral absolutes in a complex world. There are good people and bad people everywhere. There are good Somalis as well as bad Somalis. Thought most Somali people consider themselves good but make mistakes out of ignorance, lapses in judgment or just a lack of experience. So please stop generalizizing because all Somalis are not xasid etc as u said. :cool:

Ps: I love other races but I really can’t get myself to like Indian and Jamaicans. Don’t get me wrong I’m not white myself but I don’t like their attitudes. Does this make me racist? :rolleyes:

Nephissa   

I don't like the majority of Somalis as well, they all suck in my opinion...they have no national pride, they have issues all of them, they are evil, they are xasiids, they are always being jealous/haters of people. I think I'll do another topic on that in the future...insha'ALlah.

" The whole club was lookin at her

She hit the flo

Next thing you kno

Shawty got lo lo lo lo lo lo lo..."

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

[QB]

"

aduunyo nin joogo maxa aragti kulaaban

Spread the Love

Som@li   

Gabadha iska hadha, she is free to speak abt her mind. She was hoping to get acquainted with Arab/Pakastani,and didn't work.