Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Are Asian muslims racists?

Chimera   

lol 'we'? nothing sinister about my reply actually that part of her post was unexplained, hence my theory for it's inclusion. I don't know where this sudden need to bodyguard( or ridicule one's own people) is coming from but i find it disturbing.

N.O.R.F   

Modesty, do you think your observations/conclusions are slightly premature considering you don't mix with them (Arabs/Asians)?

Johnny B   

Adam, Come on , the " queen of fashion " is but sinister, Yes and 'we' as in the 'we" the gallery?!

Faheema,

Any paralleling betwwen your observation regarding the Meerkat on SOL and Modesty's observations regarding the racism of some Arabs/Asians?

N.O.R.F   

Johnny boy dont you think she jumped the gun abit?

Originally posted by Modesty:

I don't really intermingle with them to know the truth, but as an outsider/insider looking in, I find them to be a bit snobbish and unfriendly.

Chimera   

That's how i see her, and it's in a complimentary way not sinister, the avatar,the hot-or-not/hairstyle topics, it makes sense when you think about it, but it was never derogatorial, hope you are aware of this modesty, anyways i'm out.

Faheema.   

Johnny You have a point, one should address the 'observation' and not her. But I would hardly call this an observation, muslims, non muslims are both capable of being racist. The only possible indicator is that one would smile and befriend you while the other wouldn't associate.

As Northner said, it's a little premature for her to come to such conclusion, but then again that's Modesty for you smile.gif

You guys are basically the typical somali asslickers, except Johnny.

UUUW, Modesty dont u think that was RUDE?

I don't like the majority of Somalis as well, they all suck in my opinion...they have no national pride, they have issues all of them, they are evil, they are xasiids, they are always being jealous/haters of people. [/QB]

Ok am confused, you are all that you mentioned above right?

It is hard to see the good in people when you are filled with such negative assumtions. relax and for once try to redirect your thoughts and take unbiased and open observations.

Johnny B   

Adam, That maybe how you see her , but she ain't entitled to hold a 'view' in another words, see them as she finds them? .

Norf, there is difference between jumbing the gun and deducting an ambagious view. the later doesen't justify a personal attack.

Faheema,

No i don't have a point , i'm peeping a Tom, since what you 'hardly' call an observation should never ever be considered one by others?!

N.O.R.F   

^^Do you think her conclusions are justified considering her limited (as stated in the same paragraph) association with those she is refering to as racists/snobish etc?

Paragon   

Yes, some are. The other day this Nigerian brother was telling me how he became a good friend to one of the local elders in the mosque. The poor brother mistook this friendship and asked the Pakistani elder his daughter in marriage. Maxaa ku watey. Wixii ka dhacay waa la ogaa smile.gif .

He was telling me that basically Muslinimada qaarkeed is fake ...and I was telling him waar sidaa ma ahee bal ka joog, my Nigerian inadeer! :D

So yes, some are racist some are not, just as the Somalis have some racists and non-racists.

Johnny B   

^ Woulden't what i think be irrelevant as far as her right to form a view regarding some Arabs/Asians( no matter how worng, stup*d, weird and what not, it might seem to others ) is under attack?

Dare i take a stand without risking beeing derided?

Not that its obvious to all those who got wored up, but its this very sentiment that blurs any supposedly would-be coherent pin-pointing of her supposedly wrongful conclusion.

I've never had Arab friends nor Asian friends. Weird, but I just never really wanted to get to know them and I'm jut turned off by them. A lot of them are delusional about their self-worth and they have this "I'm better than everyone" attitude for no good reason.

The thing about Somalis is that we tend to judge each other too harshly. I feel like Somalis expect everyone to have the same interests, same goals, dress the same and have similar beliefs. Any body who is an individual is completely shunned. I think this is the reason why a lot of successful, artistic, creative people tend to avoid the Somali community. There's too much looking for other's flaws or dirt.

N.O.R.F   

Johnny, stop dancing.

Modesty's opinion can be criticised (thats what forums are for). Forget those who you think have attacked her for a minute and answer my q.

Ms DD   

Modesty

You must be very young, hence your naivity. Surely you find racism in every society, white, black, muslims, non-muslims. You can be naive to think that certain societies are free from it.

Since you think somalis and indians etc are racists or whatever you think, who do you like and what race are they? I'd be very interested to live amongst them.

chubacka   

I don't like the majority of Somalis as well, they all suck in my opinion...they have no national pride, they have issues all of them, they are evil, they are xasiids, they are always being jealous/haters of people. I think I'll do another topic on that in the future...insha'ALlah.

was this an after thought? I thought you were talking of Asians ppl.

Modesty luv, stop looking for reasons to be negative about ppl.

jst make friends with those ppl who you want to be around an leave the others well alone.