Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Are Asian muslims racists?

Johnny B   

Norf, you get to stop the music first.

Modesty's oponion was not under attack, her persona came under attack due to her observation of some Arabs/Asians, as for what i think about Modesty's observation, not her persona( mind you ), look at my first post.

The under water sentiment of Arabs/Asians beeing less racists due to their belief in Islam is the obvious reason why Modesty's persona (instead of her observations ) warranted the emotional rain we've witnessed.

Fabregas   

I tend to find reer bakeyle yare and reer dhagaweyne more racist then asians...

Johnny B, It's not the observation...... rather the "observations"... check out her previou observations on how Somalis eat.... etc.........

N.O.R.F   

Johnny, can we turn our attention to Modesty's observation and whether there are any short-comings in it?

ps Its not the first time someone's persona has been attacked on SOL. Why do you jump out of your seat now?

^^Don't answer that :D

Talk of self-blindfolding! Her sentiments holds water. Arab's bias against blacks dates back in history. Always felt superior to the black race. And they still are.

Don't they use the word Ya amhar(Donkey?) when calling a black person in their country. Not mentioning the inhumane treatment their black servants undergo. Even Somalis felt the ire after the war (esp. in Saudi).

Have met Arabs with barbarously bigoted viewpoints, but still I can't put them all in one bucket (a nordic byword; generalize).

Modesty   

The thing about Somalis is that we tend to judge each other too harshly. I feel like Somalis expect everyone to have the same interests, same goals, dress the same and have similar beliefs. Any body who is an individual is completely shunned. I think this is the reason why a lot of successful, artistic, creative people tend to avoid the Somali community. There's too much looking for other's flaws or dirt.

I agree with this, we don't like individuality...we must dress the same, talk the same, be the same...damn it I'm an individual, I don't need to be part of your qaxooti clan to be happy!!

peasant   

I dont know why should we ever bother talking about the conduct of people of certain ethnic backgrounds when somalis them selves are blatantly racist. Ever thought how somali bantus or the people we call midgans are treated back home and abroad? It is all about the iman and not what you claim or what sort of clothing you cover with your self. Also not everyone who isnt friendly is racist because certain cultures people arent very receptive to strangers and if you are stranger with different background that even complicates more. If it was me i wouldnt be so concerned about what sort of views others hold about me and having such thought it self might make you a racist your self.

Aaliyyah   

^ And since when observing became hating?

when those observations are consistently negative, it says a lot abt the individual. It depends on your personality, if you are happy type of person you are going to interpret what you come across differently. If you are a snob or a racist you gonna see the whole world in the same line.

I don't like the majority of Somalis as well, they all suck in my opinion...they have no national pride, they have issues all of them, they are evil, they are xasiids, they are always being jealous/haters of people. I think I'll do another topic on that in the future...insha'ALlah.

Modesty, it seems you are angry at the whole world dear. Take it easy. Besides, I dont know what national pride you speak abt, when you hate ur own ppl. Now talk about contradiction :rolleyes:

winnie   

can you see any irony in your questions here, and your statements in other posts calling jamaicans and other blacks ugly?

Pucca   

asian muslims are totally cute! never met a racist one though..nope cant say i've had any problems with muslims period.

then again that arab chick did turn her nose up a bit and looked a tad ticked the other day when she walked into the prayer room...but ofcourse i took that to mean "oh sh!t, another hot somali..dang they're too hot and i so cant compare" and so i smiled at her; letting her know i totally understand her.

smile.gif perhaps next time you should smile at the asians and nod to them...and maybe explain that its not your fault that you're beautiful. It helps, believe me.