Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Do you think that Names=Same Personality Type

Qac Qaac   

why do i see here lots of ppl love the name ahmed... OG girl are u sure all ahmeds are beautiful.... just asking.

i also like names with deen as a suffix.. like muxyidiin, nuradiin, salax udiin.. sayfudiin. kamal udiin. fakhrudiin

OG_Girl   

Classique , leech leech... 6awefeha ya bentel 3am.

shoft Mali Girl mosaweyah d3ayah 3aq esemha... I was just keeping self Advertisement business :D;) .

Qacbaro, Atleast my Ahmed is good looking and handsome :D

Salam

Khayr   

Salaamz,

here's my take on some names

-Hasan and Hussein's-I've yet to meet one thats

not Nice. Inshallah,I wouldn't mind naming my kids those names.

-People with names Abdi-Rahaman,Kareem etc. are

usually humble and are more SERVANT like in nature, willing to do the dirt work.

-There are too many Muhamed's, so too many personalities to describe but generally I haven't had a problem with them.

I won't say anything about the FEMALE NAMES

for now ;)

But ladies do tell us about the Female Names.

Fi Amanillah

Sophist   

Every Sophist is humble and cordial apart from thee! :cool:

Nature nad nurture not name that contributes the personality of people.

I personally know at least five Ahmeds oo aanan ku aamineyn hal cartantey let alone being confortable with. But two Ahmed's I have met were indeed good natured brothers. So you do the maths or as they say in the states "math".

Arwala   

I concur with Khayr on this matter. If I had a bad experience with someone called Ali and meet another one with the same name, I'll most definitely keep my distance and evaluate him before i could get a final conclusion on him.

interesting!...i have 2 admit...i don't think i ever judged people on the basis of the name they happen 2 share with some cow i bumped into along the way!....but!

yeah, i heard people syin stuff like...don't name ya kid this coz they'll turn out lazy...or name them this coz they'll turn out the other way!

i dunno...i can't imagine me with a different name...but i think i wud definitly get a diffrent reaction!

some names r just serious!..mohamed, yasin..etc

some just crack u up! asia, isniino.jimcaale..e.tc

n some r just odd! ayanle

some sound good in somali..wen said out in english however...thats a another sory..like ubax

n some sound pretty in evry language...yasmin

anyway bck 2 the q....no i don't think peoples names make a difference 2 how i perceive them

sMiLeY   

mohamed= temper

yassin= easy going

ahmed= nice and sweet

hassan= nice and helpful

abdi... there are too many different abdis (abdi rahman, abdi razak..) so i won't generalize them lol.

Girls .....hmmmmm.... i observe men more lol.

but i like the names hodan and amal so far no problems.

Qac Qaac   

why does everyone here like the name ahmed..

some one says it is nice and sweet.

some one says it is my favourite, cajiib. i am amazed.

Pucca   

GUYS:

Ahmed= the guy back in highschool that did your homework for you.

Ali= the one your mother warned you about

Mahamed= your mother's idea of a good husband

Abdi= your skippin class buddy

jamal= the guy you fought with constantly in junior school, but knocked you out each time

GIRLS

Ayan: the devil in a woman's body

Nura: very pretty

hawa: the goody goody

halima: serious type

faduma: strong, funny ;)

Etcetera Etcetera Etcetera

ps. no offense to any of the nomads who have the names mentioned above.

ta ta

Diamante   

hey nice topic khayr

There is a bit of truth in there or maybe we like to make up conspiracies to please our minds :rolleyes:

So if i would have to think of names i would have to say Ayaan. All the ayaans i have ever met, there's still one i have to dislike. They're all bubbly, funny, lively people. smile.gif

All the hassan's i have seen are so self-indulgent and self-obsessive ugh...they're also very tall and skinny :rolleyes:

Ahmed's...me personally i dont like the name, but i have no objections if ur parents decided to give you such a hideous name.

The muna's are chubby but they also like this mother figure, always offering advice, and thoughtful, sensible.

Rahma's look cute, Amina's are good natured from what i seen.

Deeqa's and amal's are the girls you go out shopping with.

I like people with rare names too, somehow they seem like they're a fresh breath of air.

Anyway any more names and i can start a name book. Thats my two cents ;)

Senora   

I havent associated with many somali girls..but for some reason, I clash with every Deeqa/Samia that I meet! :confused:

I Love Ahmeds! My favorite uncles are Ahmeds! My knucklehead brother is a Ahmed. And my leading Man is Ahmed!

Mowgli   

I would never judge a person on what they are named, but when my aunt wanted to name her child jibril i was dead against it...purely for the simple fact that (i know about 4 jibrils, but all kids)....they are all reallllllly skinny and their heads are huge, since it isn't porportional to their body...and are way too fudeed.