Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Do you think that Names=Same Personality Type

Khayr   

Salaamz,

I just want to pose this question to you nomads newbies and the old ones and all,

When u meet someone new in life and they tell u their name, do u get flashbacks of someone else with the same name that u knew before

and say if u had GOOD experiences with the previous person/friend, would that help u to accept them.

E.g. U met Abdi Fattah at the store today and u had a best friend name abdi fattah before,

so u think that u'll gel/get along with this homeboy too and etc.

Personally, I really hold true to this that

people with the same names usually have similiar traits/ahklaaq and yeah, I will back up a few steps with caution cause of a name if it reminds me of a Negative experiences.

Fi Amanillah

Sincere   

I dont believe that crap, but funny you brought this up. A relative of mine recently had a new addition to his family, and was contemplating what to name his new born son. He called my mom, and said he finally settled with the name Sadiq. The minute he mentioned that name my moms body language, and facial expresssion changed. She was like hell no, not in this lifetime will you name him sadiq. She went on to explain her reasons.

She said I personaly know of 6 people named Sadiq who have had more than their fair share of ill-fate or who are institutionalized. 2 are serving hard time in federal pens for rape and assault, at least 3 she said have gone crazy in qurbo.I cant recall what the 6ths guy's story was . She said I pesonally know each and every one of them, and never in a million years would I have thought that this would happen to any one of them.

I think it's all a coincidence, but it makes you wonder.

Juxa   

sa wr wb,

funny that u bring this up,, bt i think there is an element of truth in it. personally, every cabdi/abdi i meet, i take 2 steps bck. mohamed names i have big respect. and ahmeds just make me feel comfortable.

i dont know why, :confused:

todobo of sagaal, i have ta agree with you on that one, all the muno's i met too were all lil chubby, and the only one that was ok was completely insane. :D:D .....sorry muno's no offence

asxantu

Salma   

Well, that's remind me of my mom, she always says: All da people their names start with "N" are firey,fast,furious and fussy.

For me, I don't feel that the person's name play a role in his/her personality.But somehow, all the guyz with name "Comar" are special and unique, I wonder why? :D ALso guyz with names "Xasan and Xussain" are good guyz. While girls with name Maha and Reem are pretty.

Maybe its just a coincidence smile.gif

name is just name! i decide to call warabey my first born boy! if its gal, its gonna be xaawa!! of course, mother of all!!..! one thing i noticed ppl with new stylish names dont have much value these days!! i am going original like my ole name!! cartan!! :confused:

Pucca   

^^^somehow after every response u make i'm either confused or annoyed...odd really..

back to the topic ...a name is not just a name...hmmm there was a hadith somewhere bout giving ur child a name that has a good meanin so it might reflect his or her character (ie namin ur child "satan"), oh well i dont remember the hadith word for word but it went along those lines,now about a name effectin ur looks...well now that i think of it all the zainab(s) i've seen have all been dark...not ugly, just dark..

oh and about half of the faduma's i've met have got major attitude ...and are quite fiesty

ps..no offense to any zainab or faduma in here.

ciao

I don't think that is a good idea,,,,,,, somehow we can emagine but not 100% true.

All i know is that everyone look like his name,,,, if someone is Faarah then u see he looks like his name,,,, thin about Geelle,,,Guuleed,,,, Ibrahim,,,, Caddow,,,, Muuse,,,, etc.

Qac Qaac   

abdullah and abdurrahman

Faduma and Maryan... i like...

Barlin, yurub, istanbul.. maxaa wadamo iyo magaalooyin iyo qaarad dhan loogu magac daray. those names i don't understand....

p.s. i like ahmeds too.

loooooooooool nice topic really

i agree with the muno one n farah one

wot abt the name munira ??? no one still used it

maybe just two or three in this world...

n wot abt malyuun???? weirdo n cool

lol m going to call my girl Munira ....

seems got good reflection as well

as if it aint enuff that we use countries, tribes, area codes, to seperate the same somali people - generalising and making propaganda against thos slightly different to us,,,,,,,now we using NAMES?

aight.......... move over and let me in on the action....lol

i agree with the sister that said somthing about the Hadith - choose a beautiful name for your child...name your child after a sahaba or even the Prophet(pbuh).

however i have to disagree that a name makes a difference, though my subconcious says it does,,,im tryna think logic..on the spot...i had an X called mohamed, then i met a few mohameds, and hated them (ok hate is a strong word) i found similarites that i disliked, or maybe it was all in ma head...and the name just reminded me of my X, the guys didnt stand a chance..i dont know!

but if names share the same traits...shouldnt Mohamed be like the Prophet(PBUH)?

lets say, u met 1 abdikhadar in your life time, and u have a bad experience with him, every other abdikhadar that you hear about without meeting them will remind u of him.....if he drove a silver Golf with tinted windows,,,,every Golf car will remind u of him...

its a bit like that Usher song - u remind of a girl.

OG_Girl   

hmm... All people who are Mariam are nice and polite ..ehem ehem ;) .

I love Fatma and Ahmed they are good looking and religious.

Mali Girl, are you sure you will call her Muniirah icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Salam

Salma   

OG, shay mathal khaleeji a7ba, wayed a7ba madry lesh:

"Made7 nfsa yebalah rafsa" LOL

P.S. I like the Name Mariam, bs the way the names are pronounced in Somali make the names sounds different (Maryanay) :D

---->fadoomooo, cahsaaaaaaay, warya ceeesi, axmadow, sahraaaay, sainaaaabay, saliban,