Sign in to follow this  
Castro

How to say you're sorry: A refresher course

Paragon   

Castro, you are quick to portray yourself as the protector of those whom you yourself 'deem' infirm, so as to justify your advocation for saying sorry. You mention women-bashing, and other irrelevancy, so as to show your willingness to protect female-hood. I don't think there is such a case in here, or a needed protection. Talk to me about manly manners, as I recognize you as one.

Now, read what I wrote in Somali. I promise you that it is not 'women-bashing' or that sort of stuff. Then tell me why you felt appropriate to the appeal the female audience so quickly whilst I spoke of other matters. Unless that is, you wish women to be insulted by other men, so that you can point to it and start up an argument. You really don't have to placate every man that speaks against your opinion as 'women-basher' or some such nonsense.

PS: Ragga dumarka ma caayaan, Deel-Qaafkana weey ka xishoodaan sxb. Ee dumarka sheekada haku soo jiidin e', Ragganimada iyo 'Sorryda badan' daciifnimada eey u keento umada (Soomaali, walaa African illaa Muslim), ee sababtey in aan 2badii qarniyee ugu dambeeyey inaan gumeystaha sorryda iyo nacamlaynta ugu adeegeeyno, aan ka hadalno sxb. Let me remind you, we must find alternative to always saying sorry, since too many sorrymen is socially a very sorry affair smile.gif . Now, don't be quick to make it a gender war please, because that is not useful.

^No one said anything about too many sorries if you paid attention mister. The article is talking about being able to say sorry sincerely when it's needed.

NGONGE, See what I'm talking about? People make these stup!d mistakes all the time. Dont you think you deserve a second chance IDEA STEALER?

Johnny B   

Who said Castro protects femalehood ?

He´s such a women-basher !!

I´m sorry Castro, i was just finding an excuse to say SORRY to ya :D

Castro   

Originally posted by Paragon:

Castro, you are quick to portray yourself as the protector of those whom you yourself 'deem' infirm,

I demand a sincere apology for that.

You
really
don't have to placate every man that speaks against your opinion as 'women-basher' or some such nonsense.

I think we got off on the wrong foot here. Let me tell you why I protested your words.

You said:

Ninkii
guri ay
gabari u madaxeeyso
ku baarbaarey, walluu hubaanti yeeshaa
saansaan dumareed
, waa haduusan
socodkooda yeelan

Tell me, atheer, if this does not reek of condescension to women.

In the same breath, you uttered:

Sorry Rag ma kala saarto , ee Castrow, hadalka yuusan kaa
dhicisoobin
sxb.

Tell me again, atheer, who is often referred to as a 'dhicis' in our language? Further, what does the word mean? Is it a term of endearment?

Now, don't be quick to make it a gender war please, because that is not useful.

Fair enough. You can begin by illustrating to the female audience I so shamelessly 'appeal' to how admitting error by sincerely apologizing denigrates a man (or a woman) to a 'dhicis'?

Paragon   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:

Castro, you are quick to portray yourself as the protector of those whom you yourself 'deem' infirm,

I demand a sincere apology for that.
:D Sorry! You see I am not against saying sorry. Now let me tell you why I sincerely believe you portray women as infirm. You see, God has created women beautiful and kind, but most importantly strong in their own unique way. That being the case, any man who says bashing words toward women is not worth consideration of any sort. Even worse, any man who believes women can be bashed has got it all wrong. Women cannot be bashed, as bashing them invokes the imperfecterbility of God's creation. You cannot therefore either consider those who say unfavourable things to women or those portray themselves by using sentiments that rally women into feeling they've been insulted. Both types of men are in the same category. I have percieved you to be in the latter category. I did so because you spoke of the existence 'woman-bashing' bandwagon. If that bandon exists, then I say it takes one to know another (fill the blank).

Ninkii
guri ay
gabari u madaxeeyso
ku baarbaarey, walluu hubaanti yeeshaa
saansaan dumareed
, waa haduusan
socodkooda yeelan

Tell me, atheer, if this does not reek of condescension to women. [/b]That is easy to explain. If a boy is raised by only females and in the absence of male role models, then it is logically discernable that he will only be familiar with the reasonings of females. This is just the natural procession of things. Therefore, the boy is likely to act like females. There is nothing wrong with that, but for his own safety during his adulthood, it is disireable he is found a male role model. This follows the reasoning that if all of humanity was raised by either one gender, then humanity will lose balance and perish. For that reason, it must be raised by both genders. While males naturally love independence to dependency, weakness and pity, females because of their natural disposition, love inclusion, compassion and nurturing to exclusion and unflinching rationality.

It is therefore paramount, while 'saansaan dumar' is beautiful (appealing in feminine woman) to its native gender, for the man to acquire manly manners. That is if, he is caring and concerned towards the welfare of women. The Hunter and the Gatherer role and instincts are essential to the survival of humanity. Although, socodka dumareed is pleasing and alluring to the man, that walk is there for a significant purpose - for an evolutionary purpose. If a man walks like a woman, how is he to appreciate or be allured by the beautiful feminine walk? Or even more validly, why should another man be attracted to a man who has the walk of a female but not the productive capability of a female? It is a waste of time I say. So 'socodka dumar' is for females and is not useful for males, thats why they need to realise their role.

For your information, a woman whose walk has been appreciated has not be condenscended at all. Read this lyric: Hanaan socodka laafyaha, hagar li'i wax qabashada, hindisihiyo faalada, ka hal celiska sheekada. Hadaan caana lagu habin, Aman hooyadeed korin, Ma hayseen asluubtee, hidahiyo xishoodkaa . Notice how feminine walk motivates men to write lyric as praise? Or in the same lyric, do you realise how paramount it is for female to be raised by her 'mother'? The same applies to young males. So NO, far from condenscending women, I am praising them. You should do more of that instead of reading between my lines sxb.

Tell me again, atheer, who is often referred to as a 'dhicis' in our language? Further, what does the word mean? Is it a term of endearment?

I think you should learn the language before you imply something else. In every chance you get, you seem to portray the same tendency in the above quote as you do in other places. I will give you another example of what dhicis means: Af gambigii dhicisoobey. If you are familiar with subjective terms that have one meaning in say mathermatics and another subject. Dhicis in literary term is failing to play up to the needed level. While in biology, it means miscarriage. So don't confuse terms my friend.

Fair enough. You can begin by illustrating to the female audience I so shamelessly 'appeal' to how admitting error by sincerely apologizing denegrates a man (or a woman) to a 'dhicis'?

Erm, I think you have written your above conclusion following your misapprioration of the term dhicis. Even more apparent is that while my sentence was 'hadalka yuusan kaa dhicisoobin', you found it convenient to replace it with 'man (or a woman). That I believe is a sorry affair. You shouldn't do that.

Pig   

Comprehension, brave Castro.!!!

"Hadalku yaanu kaa dhicisoobin" has zilch to do with momen or women-bashing brave Castro. learn by heart, truthfulness is imperative when we deliberate thoughts on these forums. Spinning is rather dishonest, asinine and diminishes the spirit of the discussion.

Johnny B   

Shoulden´t the easy confidence with which you know Castro´s stance is folly teach you to suspect that Paragon´s or your OWN is also a sweatened nonentity?

Castro.. did you have to wake the dead?

just 1 thing:

curling bits and ngggggge i am agast that you liberally quote an elton john song in public! and at that with out any hint of irony nor shame!

i suggest you take a good at your selves at the mirror and re-examine the fundamental core of what you have become.

shame on you.

Castro   

I did so because you spoke of the existence 'woman-bashing' bandwagon. If that bandon exists, then I say it takes one to know another (fill the blank).

I see that you insist on name calling and I will not indulge you. I will make a few notes on your speech above (which i believe adds insults to earlier injuries and not just to me):

1) woman bashing is real and it's not imagined.

2) at best your 'somali' quote was ambiguous and at worst it was demeaning. Otherwise, the lengths you've gone to explain yourself would not have been necessary.

3) i know exactly what dhicis means. Both meanings you mentioned, in fact. I did not take this to be miscarriage. For you to think that I did is the miscarriage indeed.

4) Naftu waxay ileedahay, your false accusations notwisthstanding, something else is bothering you about me. If you clear the air and bring it forth, may be we can have a productive discussion.

Spinning is rather dishonest, asinine and diminishes the spirit of the discussion.

Hadal waa margi atheer, pray tell, critca, where is the spin in what I asked? And I was untruthful, dishonest and asinine to show Paragon's words were easily misconstrued at best? Great charge indeed.

And now that you're undead, stay this way. :D

^^To admit mistakes and own up your shortcomings is a desirable quality indeed. To encourage such virtue and point out that we, as nomads, are in a deficit of it is also a good thing to do. That should be clear, good Castro .

What’s not clear, how ever, is if you’re able to see that Paragon is not attempting to make a distinction without a difference.

P.S: My little interjection could be a poor observation but opportunistic it was not.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by Paragon:

I did so because you spoke of the existence 'woman-bashing' bandwagon. If that bandon exists, then I say it takes one to know another (fill the blank).

I see that you insist on name calling and I will not indulge you. I will make a few notes on your speech above (which i believe adds insults to earlier injuries and not just to me):
I fail to see the 'name-calling' of which you speak, Sinor Castro. The 'fill the blank', if you must know is 'woman-basher'. It takes one woman basher to know another woman-basher. That should clear the air that you need to be cleared. There are no insults, hidden or visible, in my words. If you take offence at something you percieved I've implied, then, tough luck.

1) woman bashing is real and it's not imagined.

Yes. Woman bashing exists and is not imagined. However, as I hinted before, it exists among, to use use your term, the 'denigrades' of men.

2) at best your 'somali' quote was ambiguous and at worst it was demeaning. Otherwise, the lengths you've gone to explain yourself would not have been necessary.

I realise you might have not understood my Somali very clearly, but certainly, I had no reason to 'demean' you or any other individual. Furthermore, I went to such a length of explanation, so as to make possible for you to understand clearly what I wrote. It was in my good effort to make sure that you find no reason to imply anything. You seem to think the provision of explanation and clarification is a sort of weakness. No, it isn't Castro. I believe not explaining sufficiently leads more to conflict than not saying sorry smile.gif .

3) i know exactly what dhicis means. Both meanings you mentioned, in fact. I did not take this to be miscarriage. For you to think that I did is the miscarriage indeed.

Ok. I now believe you know what the term means. I wasn't intentioned to be insultive my friend. I also (contrary to insisting that you took the term dhicis for miscarriage-though I used misappriated not mistook) was trying to make my use of the term clear. It was a polite bid to show you that I did not equate you to dhicis term in its biological term. So No there is no miscarriage on my part.

4) Naftu waxay ileedahay, your false accusations notwisthstanding, something else is bothering you about me. If you clear the air and bring it forth, may be we can have a productive discussion.

Naftaada waxaay ku leedahay, iyadoo aan hubsiino loo hayn hadaadba talla ku go'aamineeso, kuna adacooneyso inaan been kugu haysto, Castrow, waa xujo. Castro, it is a discussion forum sxb, there is no use going beyond what is discussed and to assumption. Judge my word in accordance with the arguments or ideas I bringeth forth, and I will, Insha-Allah so do. Our excercise should thus be courteously concerned with displayed texts alone. Thank you.

PS: Forgive me for being very explanatory.

Castro   

Our excercise should thus be courteously concerned with displayed texts alone. Thank you.

Fair enough. In the spirit of this topic, I am sorry to have taken your words to mean something other than that you intended. I am further sorry to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Finally, I am sorry that saying sorry, and meaning it, is so difficult for all of us.

Cheers.

P.S. Critica, you're off the hook till next Halloween. :D