Sign in to follow this  

Quitting Music

The Zack   

Originally posted by MAXIMUS POWERS:

limewire.com!

Some dude in my town has been fined for using Limwire.com to download music illegally.

He now owes $500,000.00 and no I am kidding. Be careful ninkow.

Miriam1   

Che and Naden - Nina Simone is the BEST !

Was just listening to Don't let me be misunderstood and I Love You Porgy

2+2=5 - today's music is mostly crap.

Urban   

Music free for almost 2 weeks now.. I've switched to radio talk shows whilst I'm studying (Pete Price, if any liverpudlians are out there). So far so good, but I do miss the music when I watch some tv shows and a good soundtrack comes on, I miss all my old songs. I love the songs from the show House MD.

^ Liverpudlians sownd so ennoyin. I mean luk at Cherryllll. It's sooo ennoyinn. (I still envy her abs though)

Originally posted by -Lily-:

5, You can easily go through long periods without music…

I suggest you read more, I always have a good book in my bag, plus all those people who listen to their Ipods on the tube, they’ll probably go deaf as they must put it on the highest notch to hear it above the noise of the tube. I read somewhere that over 60% of deaf people were not born deaf.

I find most classical music doesn’t invade like songs with words in them, it’s peaceful.

Max, anything that changes your state of mind single handily I would be careful about…hmmmm.

HEY, there is nothing more I could add. I agree with everything you said. About the book thing. I haven't got a library card, I usually buy the book I want to read, unless it's nick-able from a friend. I like my authors dead, or on their way to the grave. Any suggestions?

I love classical music. I still listen to it. Which reminds me, I need to PM Mr Paragon & that girl from the States.

This would be very easy for me . because I'm completely ignorant about music .. the only music I listen to is whatever comes on the radio when I'm driving to/from work and they are horrible ... the lyrics make no sense .. they fill in the empty spaces with sounds that are not even words.

jajajaja so far this has been going VERY well, alhamdulillaah. Apart from a couple of classical songs now and then, I've managed to refrain from (mainstream) music altogether.

Now, Urban, how are we doing?

Urban   

Oh I'm breaking.. I haven't downloaded anything again, but everytime I'm on youtube I check out a few videos. By the way, the 'related videos' tab is EVIL.

Last week I downloaded this software called spotify, it's a massive library of shared music that you can listen to for free at any time, with no downloading or streaming necessary. I've stopped listening to music away from my pc though.. How do I quit that too?

p.s. I got bored of Pete Price lah, he dus me 'ed in.

I could have sworn that I've responded to this thread. Anyways, I quit music nearly 18 months ago and I don't miss it one bit. It just doesn't appeal to me anymore and my heart can't stand it!

I have picked up couple of nasheeds in last year but even then I am not that much into them.

Cheers

Blessed   

I'm a social listener which for me is progress because there was a time when everything I did had a them song.

I don't go out of my way for music, most of it annoys me and in the car I can avoid it because the idea of getting into an accident with some silly song in the background just freaks me out.

Right now.. I was music free for a few weeks then last night friends told me about a song in k'naans album that's some how relavent to me. Hmm. Hard to resist.

Oz   

^^ are we talking about 'waving flag'. it sure is an amazing anthem

LOZ, remmember this;

What is this? Numbers in your pocket

I remember when you Used to throw those

things away Why do you wanna keep in

touch now? Who gave you a reason?

To act so shady Baby you know You can

call me anytime Anything you needed I would

give it to you Ooh, that's how much I care

for you You wanna act now Never call

me back now Turning off your cell phone