Sign in to follow this  
Captain Warya

Whats up with the construction companies in somaliland/puntland?

Cara.   

They do look terrible. I can't decide if it's the willful asymmetry or the colors, or the busy wall graffiti. Is that a purple roof with a green gutter?

There's also a sore need for basic landscaping.

And here I was imagining the motherland in terra cotta and tile :(

something must be wrong .. with my sense of style .. because those houses look fine to me .. and some even look good.

help a geeljire out here .. is it the colors or the style of building or something else ?

Cara.   

Try all of the above, Geeljire.

Believe me, I also have the aesthetic sense of a concussed anteater, but I find myself offended by these monstrosities.

Che, no way, better to live in the eternal yesteryear of the exile. But if I ever run into the owners/employees of Daryeel Construction Company, I'll make a citizen's arrest on the spot :D

^That's looks something from suburbs in southern Cali or Arizona....Have anyone ever seen houses in New Mexico...very unique architecture, maybe daryeel is going for the same thing :D

Ibtisam   

Well they look good for people who use to live in huts and nomadic life style. For us who seeing unique architecture and beautifully crafted houses daily, we are not likely to be impressed.

me   

Originally posted by Captain Warya:

B2008150.jpg

What on earth...

Amazing, it looks like something from a science fiction movie.

I bet ya that house will go for millions in 50 years time...as civil war era architecture :D