Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

BOREDOM

nuune   

waraa mutakalim waxan hilmaamay, af ingiliishkaaga noocee waaye aad qoreeso plzz noo sheeg hal xabo kama fahmin aniga, dadka iney ku fahmaayan maa u maleeynee, too much hard words hadad istimaasho qof akhrinayo xata ma jiro baaba ha is daalin, wara baashal yaah, borinka iska saar banii aaddam aad tahay bood boodka badi :D

Jumatatu   

Mutakalim what in the name of heaven are u muttering about? Let me show u one example of what my argument was...you said ...

Do apprise me if you know.

Now apprise is that commonly used word? No ,but u did. Where you could have substituted it for 'make aware' or even more simple 'show'. Nah..! but you did not.Language is for communication with the underlying intention being that people comprehend what you are saying. So saxiib chill and save your acrimonious for a suitable arena.

Juxa   

yaa allah, lets try to see mutakalam in a pink light, maybe this is his way of teaching us new words, maybe he wants to further out abilities to understand big, complicated words, maybe he wants us to be complicated :confused:

waligiin taas ma is dhahdeen,,,,,just a thought

ka hora duqa yaaqey, it aint cool meelkasta lagu dhaganaado faraqa,

asna ima daryeeloo ana kama danbeeyoo, mala iigu doorgalay,,,,,mutakalam juqjuqay ma daayo, anagana retaliation ma dhaafno. bilaaaa caleeeeeek its tiring

posted by mutakalim

For the "quintillionth" time, this (i.e. my posts) is not an ostentacious gesture of reproval; this is not an grandiloquent langugage enveloped in a "caustic" cover; this is not an attempt to "score points" (*note the repetition).

The charge is thus: the baro group are guilty of posting incognitive propostions (i.e. the color of 9 is blue) while you are guilty of posting material with little, as Chomsky would say, "fruit value". Your statements are similar in breadth and depth to: "Fish only live in water" and "You should breathe regularly". This, my venerated freind, serves no "fruitful" purpose.

I have ta honestly say i like you brother Mutakalim,ur one goofy charactor that really makes me laugh. A person who even uses this word "grandiloquent" can't say that their intent wasn't "grandiloquent langugage enveloped in a "caustic" cover;" very well done smart-pants loool.....and i think wat you were meaning ta say when you wrote this "incognitive propostions " was incogitant(meanin thoughtless) propositions...."Hadal badani haan ma buuxsho" baa horey loo yiri

brother mutakalim why you so AGIN "what you eat, don't make the BARO family SH!T"

asxantu

Tuujiye   

by Shoobaro:

"what you eat, don't make the BARO family SH!T"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ataatataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaata...

aaaaaa wareer badanaa!!!

Juxa   

i have such great respect for this brother. every time he posts i learn 3words i cant even pronounce

NGONGE   

To use a cliche, "last but not least" Ngnone:

As the rabble say, "I gave you the benefit of the doubt". Whilst I perused your writing, (perhaps I should call it "free-writing") I was under the impression ("delusion" would be the appropriate diction here) that your seemingly aimless and futile pieces were, in fact, "genuine insights" to the human psyche, all the while, expressed in a simple and unconvoluted manner.

For the "quintillionth" time, this (i.e. my posts) is not an ostentacious gesture of reproval; this is not an grandiloquent langugage enveloped in a "caustic" cover; this is not an attempt to "score points" (*note the repetition).

The charge is thus: the baro group are guilty of posting in cognitive propositions (i.e. the color of 9 is blue) while you are guilty of posting material with little, as Chomsky would say, "fruit value". This, my venerated freind, serves no "fruitful" purpose.

It seems that when they gave you that tin of alphabet spaghetti to consume, they forgot to accompany it with a manual, saaxib! You’re trying to say one thing but your manner of writing and delivery says something totally different. You claim that your comments are not intended as a “grandiloquent language enveloped in aâ€caustic†coverâ€, but your words let you down.

Now, if your words were directed at a mere simple soul, he would have taken offence and retaliated with a long post full of venom and malice. Luckily (for you), I’m not the spiteful type. I can see that this is a cry for help on your part. You’ve read my words, attempted to analyse them, dissect them and tear them apart in the vain hope of finding one tiny sparkle of wisdom to satisfy your inquisitive mind. Alas, you looked in all the wrong places. In your reply, you accidentally used words that were closer to the truth than you realise, you’ve used words such as “aimless†and “futile†but you didn’t strive to think a bit more about them. Once you’ve reached that end you decided to turn around and look elsewhere. Well, let me guide you; come back to the purposeless part, analyse it further. Read all the pieces again, tell me what do you see? You see aimlessness, you see pointlessness, you see no meaning and no detail. Now, and this is the knockout blow, go and read the TITLE of the thread. It’s called BOREDOM . Are you seriously that surprised that it would describe tedium ?

You talk about the lack of “fruit value†but this was not an educational post. Most of those that replied to it could easily work out what my aim was. Some actually believed I was THAT bored. Others knew it was a surreal attempt at describing boredom. You seem to have missed the whole point (even though it was right there in front of your eyes).

What I find surprising in all of this is that someone actually read those words, didn’t get any of it, felt BORED by it but instead of using the only cure known to man for boredom (letting your imagination run free), decided to adhere to strict text book rules of analysing and ticking some imaginary list for “fruit value†and some such nonsense! Feel bored but don’t BE a bore, saaxib.

Still, since you insist on realizing some extra “fruitful purpose†out of this thread, I’ll expect you, in your next reply, to furnish us with your educational ideas on the subject of boredom. Oh, just in case someone dozes off while reading it, please endeavour to sprinkle it with some instances of originality. :D

*** Starts to feel bored with the whole pointless argument ***

*** Picks nose and wonders what the snot would taste like *** :rolleyes:

nuune   

waraada feebara iyo shoobaro, iska dhaafa mutakalim waan ka faaiideey-saneynaayee, ala ha barakeeya korkiisa erayada waaweenka uu isticmaalaayo xataa sal iyo raad malahan :D

NGONGE   

Last night, I went to bed early. This was the first time I managed to do that in months. I lay down in bed and sat waiting for sweet lady sleep to come over and engulf me with her relaxing caresses. She stood me up! I twisted, I turned, and I counted sheep, counted goats and kicked the green bottles of the wall. I still could not sleep. I covered my face with a big blanket and hidden every last trace of light from my eyes. I also managed to keep the air out. A minute later, I jumped up throwing the blanket away and breathing heavily. I decided to have a warm bath, maybe that will help me sleep. I filled the bath, poured some of that salty aromatic stuff in it and got in. I sat splashing about in the bath for a full half hour but didn’t feel relaxed at all. I started singing to myself. I picked up my kid’s plastic ducks and attempted to recreate a famous sea battle in which the duck on the left defeated the mighty armada. I came out of the bath happy and relaxed. I went back to bed. Lay down and shut my eyes. Sleep was still not forthcoming. I thought of taking a sleeping pill. I worried that I wont wake up on time if I took one. I spent a couple of minutes weighing my options and finally decided to take the sleeping pill. I got up and went searching in the medicine cabinet. My wife who was awake watching TV and feeding the baby, asked me what I was looking for. I told her that I was looking for sleeping pills. She said “Why?†I said, “ Because I’m trying to sleepâ€. She said, “Have you tried having a nice bath?†I said, “Yes. What else do you think I was doing in there for the past hour?†She said, “ Don’t shout at me, I was only trying to helpâ€. I said “Sorry†She said, “Have you tried having a warm glass of milk?†I said, “I hate milkâ€. She said, “It will help you sleepâ€. I said, “I hate milkâ€. She said, “If you’re not going to take my advice, why did you ask for it?†I said, “ I didn’tâ€. She said, “ You didâ€. I said, “ I only asked you where the sleeping pills wereâ€. She said, “ We don’t have any sleeping pills, we never haveâ€. I said, “Why didn’t you say that earlier then instead of this long pointless discussionâ€. She said “ Just because you can’t sleep it doesn’t mean you can take it out on meâ€. I said, “ I’m not, I’m just asking a simple questionâ€. She said, “ Look, I don’t have time to argue with you I’m trying to feed the baby hereâ€. I said, “ I’m not looking for an argument either, I just want to sleepâ€. She said, “ So it’s my fault that you can’t sleep now?†I walked away. I heard her saying, “ Yeah, yeah, start an argument then walk away when you lose itâ€.

I went to bed angry and wanting to go back and re-win the pointless argument. I didn’t want her to think that she beat me. I kept thinking of all the things I would say and all the sarcastic remarks I would make. I fell asleep thinking.

This morning, she wasn’t talking to me. I pretended I didn’t notice. I’m going to avoid her all day and night. When it’s bedtime again, I’m going to start another pointless argument with her.

Juxa   

men men men men. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dadna time for hurdo mahayaan, nina ducks buu la ciyarayaa?

here is a suggestion, take the baby, do the nightly feeds and let that poor, raaliyo wife of yrs get some sleep.

ps, u will never win an argument with the wifey, the sooner u realise, the longer not to mention the happier u will live :D

proud of my fellow women smile.gif

NGONGE   

This weekend, I was going to treat myself to a great trip to the Zoo. I’ve been looking forward to this trip for weeks. I was planning to leave the wife and kids at home. This was going to be my secret. No friends were going to know. No family were going to go. Just me alone amongst the beasts!

I woke up very early on Saturday morning and had a quick and simple breakfast. I got dressed. I picked up an empty rucksack and loaded it with pens, paper, tissue, a baseball cap and a small towel. I have no idea why I decided to take these items with me! It’s not as if it was going to be a picnic or anything! I got ready to go out when the wife confronted me by the doorway. She asked me where I was going. I didn’t want to lie to her but I also didn’t want to tell her the truth. It was a nice and sunny day and I knew if I told her the truth that she’ll ask me to take the kids with me. I didn’t want to take the kids. This was my treat not theirs. I wanted to laugh and pull faces at the lions. I wanted to pretend to hold an invisible joystick and move it about outside the chimp’s cage. I wanted to enjoy myself without having to worry about young infants crying for the toilet, drinks or ice cream. I wanted to tiptoe around the snakes without having to act the fearless adult. Today, I was going to be the only child not the daddy. She was standing there watching me and repeating the questions with her eyes. I said, “I’m going to visit a friend†she said “ what friend?†I said “ an old friend that you don’t know†she said “How come you didn’t tell me about all of this earlier?†I said “I’m telling you now!†she said “ Yeah but that’s only because I caught you sneaking out†I said “ I wasn’t sneaking out†she said “If you were not sneaking out why didn’t you come to the living room and say goodbye then?†I said “do I always have to say goodbye when I’m going out? What if I was going to the shop round the corner?†she said “ but you’re not going to the shop, are you?†I said “ no, but what if I were, do I have to say goodbye too?†she said “ no, that would be silly. If you were going to the shop you would come and ask me if I needed anything†I said “ Is there anything you need from the shop then?†she said “no†I said “ goodbye then†she said “what time should I expect you back?†I said, “don’t know, early evening maybe,†she said “ early evening? This must be a very good friend that you’re going to see!†I said “ yeah, king of the jungle†she looked puzzled. I ran off before she could ask me any more questions. I walked to the station. I was very excited. The station was closed. ****** engineering work! I went to the bus stop and jumped on a bus to the next underground station. The bus hardly moved. There seemed to be some sort of road accident ahead. Twenty minutes later and the bus still hadn’t moved. I decided to get of and walk. It started raining. I was soaking wet. I started thinking to myself ‘ I bet she cursed me’. I turned around and started to walk back towards home. I still had enough time. I’m going to tell her the truth. Get her blessings. Go out again and hopefully the rain would have stopped by then, the traffic cleared and maybe even my local station would be open. I got home and rang the bell. I had my own keys but I just like the sound of the bell ringing. She opened the door, scowled at me and ran back in. I followed her in. There was lots of crying and screaming. She shouted “ don’t just stand there, help me outâ€. I didn’t know what was going on. I went over to the baby and picked him up. He stopped crying. My middle daughter came running and started shouting “ NO! NO!†I asked my wife what’s going on but she ignored me. My eldest came running and sat on my other side. She looked at me with a big wide smile on her face and said, “ I vomited on the carpetâ€. I asked her if she was ill and she said no. I asked her why did she vomit then and she said, “ Because it’s funâ€. Her sister started feeling jealous and wanted to get my attention. She started making some funny sounds. I laughed. She got upset. I kissed her and laughed again. She hit her sister. The baby started crying. They both started crying while still trying to hit each other. I almost felt like crying. My wife who was still trying to clean the soaked carpet started telling me to “ do something!†I screamed. They all stopped crying. I screamed again. The girls laughed and my wife got upset and called my childish. I wasn’t going to go to the Zoo anymore. I’ll do it next week instead. I’m still not taking any of them with me though. :D