Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Growing Hair longer tips

Modesty   

Does anyone have some "secrets" to growing hair faster. I don't relax, color, blow dry or flat iron my hair, yet these days its just not moving. Share your hair tips here girls for growing hair. I notice alot of Somali girls that don't need to relax their hair with "jilic" hair use it, I don't get it, my hair is wavy and thick not really nappy but I have done almost everything, does anyone have natural products that are good?

najma82   

That was not a good answer good=credit.

Modesty sister....the thing that i found most helpful is by cutting your hair just a bit every month and then.......and you will see your hair starts growing like crazy..lol...well not really, but it will start growing :D .

hope that helped

dawoco   

I love cuttin my hair and get aggressively violent when it grows too long, so i don't see why anyone in their right mind would want to grow it.

Having said that, have you tried the "hair food" conditioners? there are many variaties and some even claim 2 help with hair growth. Also, there are treatments at any hairdressers, where they do their thing to revitalize ur hair, also keeping to a shampoo regime helps i heard.

Now, does anyone know how to stop hairgrowth icon_razz.gif

lol   

^^^^ I second dat.. except the aggressive part.. but I do cut my hair all the time... my sister nags me.. coz her hair never grows... :D

Good credit: Wat in the world are u doing in here... gosh... Somali men no... limit... do u grow hair I wonder lol.. just teasing u bro... offense...

Modest: Ever heard of Amla hair oil? Most probably u can find it in the Indian stores... warm it and put it in your hair.. leaving it for like an hr then wash it off ( It really stinks but trust me your hair will grow)... I never really grew my hair.. and I cut them like no tomorrow.. but magically they do grow real fast.. may nails as well... so in turn just tell me wat u do to yours to hold them in place... plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rahima   

Ever heard of Amla hair oil?

I used it also for a short period of time, but the stench was overwhelming :eek: . The better oil is the Sunsilk range-fantastic smile.gif . It's light and very good for your hair.

As for growing your hair, i can't remember ever having short hair, but a friend of mine who set out to grow her hair would a few times a week mix nafaqo (many different types) with avocado (ku shiid), put it in your hair (wrap it with a plastic bag or something similar), leave it while you do the housework and cook, then wash it off. Allow the hair to dry naturally, put the oil on, brush it and put it a bun or plaits. Every month or so be sure to give the hair a small trim and in no time your hair will grow.

Walaahi i was amazed at the transformation and she did not go to extremes.

Avoid harsh chemicals. Good luck smile.gif !

Modesty   

Rahima, Avocado is a good idea!

I used to cut my hair alot too. Dawaco and Hibo you guys are the first I met who don't want long hair. lol, I guess my hair doesn't grow fast all the time, it grows sometimes, and it doesn't grow at other times.

Faheema.   

They say your Hair is also an indicator of your health so make sure you eat a balanced diet and get enough regular exercise. ( I must be doing something wrong ) ‘cos my hair is Thin and needs moisturizing most of the time and I am looking for something to give me more Fullness.

Any ideas ladies?

Pucca   

^^ i've got the same problem, i dont know anythin to make it more full however i do temp. get my hair to look thick. simply rub oil or conditioner into hair blow dry upside down (bend head down and blow dry from the roots) then just ruffle it a bit with your finger. that should give you full thick lookin hair even if its only temp.

Pujah   

yep, cutting about two inches every few months is the way to grow your hair longer and healthier.

I like my hair short tho' icon_razz.gif

pearl   

what about choppin it...am serious why arent we bold enough to shave it all off?

in any case..eatin a high protien diet helps..

Mowgli   

^^ cuz it results in unpleasant family nicknames

Modesty, it isn't that your hair isn't growing as such, its just that it is breaking more, so the trick is to minimise breakage...

keep your hair moisturised, brush gently, wear a scarf to bed to reduce the friction of the hair on the pillow...etc etc

There are three stages to hair growth...

anagen (the growing phase)

Catogen (resting phase)

telogen (shedding phase)

Some people have just shorter anagen phases then others, which means that your hair will grow up to a certain length before its shed (ever wondered why when you and someone else have your hair cut at the sametime, and after awhile, their hair or your hair seems to have grown longer then the other persons?...they just have a longer anagen phase)