Sign in to follow this  
Sir-Qalbi-Adeyg

Somali mother looks for her UPDF lover

http://hiiraan.com/news2/2008/Aug/somali_mother_looks_for_her_updf_lover.aspx

A Somali mother is in Kampala looking for a UPDF soldier who she says fathered her four-month-old baby-boy. The 23-year-old Nino Omar Ibrahim arrived five days ago after a one-week journey from war-torn Somalia.

The situation back home, she said, had forced her to search for the father of her son who was one of the 1,600 Ugandan peace-keepers deployed in Mogadishu.

“I met him when I took my father, Sheik Ibrahim Omar, for treatment at the AMISOM hospital in Mogadishu,” said the frail-looking Nino.

While she searches for the soldier, Nino has taken refuge in Kisenyi, the Kampala slum which has most Somali refugees.

“I love the father of my boy. All I need is to get in touch with him for assistance. I need him that is why I came. My child is a Ugandan but I feared being killed due to this act. I am safer here,” she said.

Under Islamic law, which operates in some parts of Somalia, a woman may be killed for having sex out of wedlock.

Nino, who says she gets help from Hussein Hassan, the chairman of the Somali community here, wants the UPDF to help her.

Army spokesman Maj. Paddy Ankunda, who met Nino at his Mbuya offices on Friday, promised to help. He identified the officer as Joshua Asiza, a medical worker.

“We want him to take responsibility and take care of the boy and the mother. They need help,” Ankunda said. “If he denies responsibility, that will be another matter.”

Ankunda would not say what sentence or charges the officer would face if he declined to take responsibility. But he added that if Asiza fathered the child, he breached the army code of conduct.

“We have guidelines to follow while on a peace mission especially abroad. In the UPDF, we don’t condone indiscipline.”

Asiza, a Warrant Officer II, was part of the first batch of the African Union peace-keeping force in the war-torn Somalia.

He refused to take his calls yesterday.

President Museveni had warned the officers to desist from “immoral acts”.

Meeting them in Kimaka, Jinja, before their departure, Museveni said: “You are leaving while healthy. Don’t go and start irresponsible behaviour that will see you contract HIV/AIDS.”

During the UPDF mission in DR Congo, many Congolese women, along with children, followed the officers back to Uganda after the mission ended. Many settled down with the soldiers as married couples.

Source: New Vision, Aug 24, 2008

Som@li   

Some1 delete this story, it is disrespect to our women! redface.gif

waryaa Username, badowyahow, Belo kasta lalama soo shirtago :mad:

1219605284zulu2.jpg

She must be Ugandan!

Fabregas   

The people who brought them and the so called Sheikhs who are campaigning for more " peacekeeping troops" are 100% responsible for this.

nuune   

There were countless stories as well when the Americans were there in the early 1990s untill their withrawal, a lot of encounters, worse than this.

Who is to blame, I would say the women, simple as that!

why shall we blame the women only ??

How about those who caused all this chaos to the country ?

How about those who brought the foreigners to their land ?

How about those who are still protecting them ??

It is normal that in such situations women are the victims ,,, always.

Sharafi dhimatay indeed ........

nuune   

It is join responsibility, blame the TFG for bringing those Ugandan rebels into the country, but also put the blame on the women.

Mida kale, we all know, across Somalia, those so called Aid workers and NGO workers mess with any women they see or meet, so afterall, it is a mess that is going on in the country.

And this case is not alone to only those Ugandans!

nuune   

Su'aasha meesha taala waxaa weeyaan, maxaa hoos dhigey oo ay lugaheeda ugu aamintey nin Rebel ah iney hoos fadhiisato.

Victims, I would call the child victim

Som@li   

Danbiga dhan waxaa iska leh naagta addoonka hoos ka gashay, oo weliba habaar qabto ceebta ma qarsane, hadana weli daba joogta.

As for peacekeepers, they are NOT to blame,Somalia needs them.

NGONGE   

Good luck to her. A child needs a father yeah and the father should not avoid his responsibilities yeah even if he is Ugandan yeah because at the end of the day and when push comes to shove yeah a child needs a father and everybody knows that so this father should stop hiding and come out to look after his child.

Other than the above it's all stuff and nonsense of course.

Johnny B   

Am i alone to see the ironic search for imotional high ground?, what is the difference between this girl and all those girls who were forced to run from their homes by (mind you)Somali men to the make-shift camps in the neighbouring countries just to get re-raped, carry half-non-somali un-wanted kids?

Dabshid, " Addoon" in the sense of "Nigger"?

Nuune, somewhere back in the days if i'm not mistaken you've wittnessed Somali mothers and girls beeing abused due to circumstances out of their control, Just becouse this time around you're not sharing the make-shift camp with them, are you entitled to ask " why she opens her legs"?

What has changed?

nuune   

Johny, at that time sxb kala saar, this is not abuse at all on her, we are talking about a lady approaching the Rebels in their camps, and no, this is not rape at all, raali ayey ka aheyd waxa dhanba iney ku dhacaan dusheeda!

The only victim I see here is the child.

After all, labadii Raali iska ah faraha halaga qaado, and if any blame were being activated there, blame the lady.