Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

UK election: Exit poll: Hung Parliment

10.00pm: Here is the exit poll:

Conservatives: 307 seats

Labour: 255

Lib Dems: 59

Others: 29

There would be a hung parliament, with the Tories 19 seats short of a majority.

9.59pm: My colleague Heidi Stephens is monitoring the TV coverage tonight. She's sent me this.

chubacka   

Chances are it will be a hung parliament, the tories probably won't be able to pull it out the bag.

It will be interesting though what the libs ask of Labour, what will GB do to stay @ no. 10....

As of 8.00am London time:

Con: 286

Lab: 223

Lib: 51

Oth: 43

Source: The Guardian

There are still 40-odd constituencies to be declared.

It hasn't materialised for the Lib Dems, has it? Can there really be a Tory/Lib Dem coalition? Can you guys envision it? I can't!!!!

Abtigiis   

Doorashada Britain qabyaalad socota weeyaan sida ta Somaliland oo kale.

Wixii Scotish ahna wuxuu ugu shubi odayga Gordon ah, wixii English ahna Cameron.

Because the English are the majority, the rest (macal soomalida meesha joogta) will tip the balance somehow and that is how we arrive at a hung parilament.

If Jacaylbaro is running in Degmada Batalaale against me, it is pretty obvious an expert can call it for Jacaylbaro and Ciise-Muse than for me.

I can't understand how suppossedly so advanced country can still vote along that line.

Anyway, odayga Gordon ah qubka ayaa ka xunne nin maskax fiican weeye. He should form the next government along with the LibDems (election reform ayey rabaane taasna wuu ogol yahay) and then islaantii bigot'ga (qumayada) aheyd ee uu xummeeyey ha xaal mariyo intii 10 downing neef ugu qalo.

Polanyi   

^^LOL. Labour does better than the Scottish National Party in Scotland even when Labour has english leaders. Basically, Labour always takes certain areas because poor folks will rather die than voting for a conservative government, lol.

In nutshell, most British people don't vote according to the nationality of the leader.

ps. Tony Blair belongs to the Scottish clan "the Blairs". He was actually born in Edinburgh. Technically, he is scottish, lol.

ps. Liberal Dems- wth happen to all the excitement, lollllllll. qashin.

Abtigiis   

stop technicalities saaxib! Blair English ayaa loo yaqaanay.

On Labour winning Scotland ahead of SNP when Labour leader was English, it could be because Scotish Labour Party was always there and the electorate recognised they need to have partners nationally.

What I am saying is simplistic, but it does capture some truth. I just had 20 minutes talk with Mr. Simpson (who is English) and he didn't dispute what I am saying, although he may have qualified it here and there.

Meesha qabyaalad kama maqna. :D:D

Edit: looooooooooooooooooooooooool@ most British don't vote along nationality line! I guess you included. :D:D War anigu waxaaan ka hadlayaa British'ka quman. Maryooleyda, madoowga iyo Asian'ka meesha qaatay are significant and may not be voting along nationality lines. The same is true with some of the real British. But by and large, the scot will vote for a scot, the irish will vote for an Irish and the English will prefer English, all other things being equal, CETERIS PARIBUS! :D

N.O.R.F   

lol@A&T

I was watching Sky News and a Guardian sketcher was on basically saying the election had some irregularities (many people didn't get the chance to vote, there were protests etc) resembling those in African countries :D