poolwizard

Gratuity

I have seen alot of people that don't tip when ever they go out to eat or use services that require tip afterwards...as a former tip earner i always tip even if the service is not good because the employees depend on the tip pool for a living...what say you?

• Thanks 1

I have a problem with people who tip too much, gratuity is 18% Am sick all these broke ##s Somalis trying make me tip more and yes i believe that the tipping amount should reflect the service, otherwise your encouraging bad service.

• That is really sad! 1

18% is a fortune specially if it is a big bill...i will not tip. i dont want to generalize, but in my experience indians and chinese were the worst tippers.

• Thanks 1

Nephissa   

I have always given good tips when I eat @ Gaalo restaurants. I also give good tips when food is delivered to my house. Laakin I have never given a tip at Somali restaurants. Does anyone here tip them? I was told it's considered rude, for the waiters are also the owners hence nin kaa lacag badan.. qushigiis. :D

^ you are right, at some somali restaurants the owners or the fam are the waiter so in that case i dont tip but if it is a high end somali restaurant...like safari in MN i will tip.

• That is really sad! 1

Kool_Kat   

Naxar, 18%? That is too much!

Here in Toronto it is 15%, and if the party is more than six people, they automatically add the 15% on to the bill...

If service is good, I tip and I tip well...If service is bad, I still tip, but only add two pennies and nothing more... icon_razz.gif

As for Somali restaurants, if the server is a young person I tip them, if an older person - me don't bother...

• That is really sad! 1

Soomaalida dhaqan uma laha to tip, same as gaalada dhaqan u lahayn one to pay the whole meal the group eats. You will not find a gaal who pays the group's meal. Each pays its share, where as Soomaali isku dagaalaan to pay. [Well, at least isku camiraan to pay...war anigaa bixinaayo, war maya, maya, aniga ayaa ku qoran ee jeebka gacanta ka bixi...war ii daa yaaqeey aan dhiibee... :D ]

I don't tip, though Soomaalida timajariyaasha ugu daro kistoo, not tipping but if change soo noqoneynin ugu dhaafo, which is badanaa; for the rest non-Soomaalis, wanfaankuulo. Iyagee jirtaa. Nothing to do with lacag, but it is not our dhaqan.

------------

Kuusha, you can tip me, anytime, young iyo old labada waa kuu noqonaa as long as you are tipping. Heck, I don't mind if you are tipping a loonie or a toonie. Any shilin, err doolar, is welcome. :D

Well, it is different here in this part of the world. The waiter is not dependant on the tips given by the clients and has a regular salary from the restaurant/hotel ,,,,, i tip them only when he/she is excellent otherwise maxaa i waalaya maan miskiin dawarsanaya siiyo ,, :D

Zydeco   
On 5/15/2008 at 1:33 PM, Naxar Nugaaleed said:

even a bigger problem, i go regularly to places that add 18% already, do you still tip the waiter?

Focus 

Zydeco   
On 5/15/2008 at 2:06 PM, poolwizard said:

^ you are right, at some somali restaurants the owners or the fam are the waiter so in that case i dont tip but if it is a high end somali restaurant...like safari in MN i will tip.

So- if somalis dont tip per their your culture or religion then I will return the no favor and stiff my uber drivers

Zydeco   
4 minutes ago, Zydeco said:

U dont get it!!! That is 

On 5/16/2008 at 6:42 AM, Jacaylbaro said:

Well, it is different here in this part of the world. The waiter is not dependant on the tips given by the clients and has a regular salary from the restaurant/hotel ,,,,, i tip them only when he/she is excellent otherwise maxaa i waalaya maan miskiin dawarsanaya siiyo ,, :D