galbeedi

Hiiraan Online is always peddling anti Somali propaganda and targeted hit pieces against Turkey.

galbeedi   

They crawl through the internet and pick anti Somalia stories and any hit jobs or targeted articles against those who are helping Somalia like Turkey. We are all aware that Turkey is targeted by the western media for many reasons. While Erdogan is their major target for many reasons , they also oppose the idea of Turkey speaking out against injustices among the developing nations and persecuted Muslims.

WWW.HIIRAAN.COM

The declaration by the mayor was his first real challenge to the president and the powerful vested interests around him.

I do not mind to highlight corruption in major cities whether it is Istanbul, Toronto or Boston, but there are always comparisons and priorities. Yet, despite their big headlines, most of the article was against the infrastructure boom in Turkey that transformed the country. Some of you probably heard about the $13 billion dollar Boston underground tunnel which took more than a decade.

Here the article is complaining about building things: 

"The really big money was in real estate and infrastructure development, and the members of the incoming administration found evidence of what they had suspected for years.Among the biggest prizes were an extension to Istanbul’s new airport, a high-speed rail link to the capital, Ankara, and Istanbul’s road and metro tunnels, each worth billions of dollars"

This are major projects that lifted and made Turkey to the first world like infrastructure. Building huge infrastructure is how China is becoming the leading economy in the world. From 2005-2015, China had built a coal fired plant in every single month to electrify the country while ignoring the climate change music.

This little clip shows some of the major infrastructure in Turkey centring Istanbul. 

WE know the New York Times and others are routing for the new mayor of Istanbul , but what is Hiiraan Online routing for. In most city  halls around the world,  corruption is the norm not the exception, al least Istanbul could show something for the money they spent. here another nuisance about the public and private debt  taken by the city of Istanbul: "Istanbul and its subsidiaries were in debt to the tune of 14 billion lira, roughly $2 billion, when he took over in June, Mr. Imamoglu said on Monday. The municipality’s subsidiary companies were paralyzed by tax debts and effectively bankrupt, he added."

Almost 20% of the population of Turkey lives within the Istanbul region. The 15 million people of the region also welcome another 10 million visitors per year. You need huge infrastructure to accommodate these large number of tourists. Here in this town of western Canada, we are less than a million with public debt of $2.5 billion dollars and nothing to show for it. Here in Alberta, highways are built without bridges first, and as soon as they finish traffic gridlock begins; then have to go back and build bridges. Then within two years the two lane highway becomes parking lot when an accident happens. Rather than take advantage of the open land and do the job well for the first time , they come back and add another lane because contracts are awarded to companies that connected to the city hall. Our light rail trains (LRT) are crossing major intersections and creating more gridlock than alleviate traffic. A billion dollar is wasted by the city using third rate engineers. I wish the Istanbul engineers to come here and help us built something special with billions wasted. It is all about perspective.

Two days ago Hiiraan Online reprinted story from from a Washington Free Bacon which stated that " Ilhan Omar celebrated passage of a bill she voted against". It was another lazy Hiiraan online work copy pasting right wing talking points.

If they spent little time and researched the issue they would have reached a different conclusion. This huge omnibus appropriations bill was carrying a lot of things. Congress and the executive had add both popular and unpopular bills to make it pass. It is called Omnibus bill, which means a" bill is a proposed law that covers a number of diverse or unrelated topics". There were bills that would change the illegality of the Palestinian occupied territory under a bill pushed by Mike Pompeo and Trump. It would make building occupied territories legal under international law. This and many other bills forced many progressive democrats including ILhan Omar to vote against the bill. 

Yet, that doesn't mean congresswoman Ilhan did not push the Somali debt relief amendments. Everyone knows that the amendments of the debt relief was left behind just two weeks ago and American diplomats in Somalia complained and pointed out the consequences of not concluding the Somali debt relief. That is when  ILhan and others from Minnesota congressional districts and  Senate democratic candidate Amy klobuchar pushed the amendment to be added. It is the complicated way of which American congress maneuvers to add amendments and pork and barrel projects to budget and appropriation bills.

I won't expect much let alone fact checking from a keyboard wanna be journalist from Hiiraan Online . In the era of fake news , all you do is copy paste things and present as news of afct and some do better than others. Yet, it boggles the mind that a Somali especially from Hiiraan whose flood ravaged province is being helped by Turkey as we speak will go out of his way and bash the Turkish nation. 

Hageed ku aragtay qof weelkii wax lagu siiyey ku xaaraya.

It is becoming difficult for some somalis to differentiate between the ruling regime of the day and the interest of the nation. Some were even upset that a debt relief has been awarded to Somalia. Leaders come and ago but the nation must gain and get back its institutional connections around the world including world financial centres.

Rubbish.

Galbeedi, first of all, you need to embrace the concept of the free media.  Turkey be damned—Hiiraan and others can write whatever they please and feel their readership will consume.

Secondly, forgive us if we object to the unapologetic manipulations of the Farmaajo administration, especially when it is cloaked in such an innocuous slice of inspirational hokum as “debt forgiveness for Somalia” and is served up with such utmost sincerity and crocodiles tears by the likes of you, here on SOL.

I have said before and I will say it again: Debt relief is just a big scam.

Unless, and until, you can show us verifiable proof of how much debt supposedly “Somalia owes” and got written off; who withdrew said loans on behalf of Somalia; and for what purpose and benefit it was spent on average Somalis—then you, sir, have fallen victim to the balderdash being peddled by the silly politicians of N&N administration and their enabling coconspirators in the so-called international community.

Mind you, I don’t begrudge them their use of cheap propaganda out there. If it works for them, well and good. I’m only against you, Galbeedi, trying to insult our intelligence here on SOL with such nonsense. That’s just an invitation for me to put a boot up your a%%

Saaxiib, booc booc aniga la iguma soo dhuuman karo ee sheekadaan raqiiska ah meesha kala dhex bax....😁

• Thanks 1

Hiiraan Online is one of the last  remaining of from era of warlordism,  either  they modernise and change or be left over, like many we used to have, I cann6t remember last time I have been to, most of articles is copied and paste, they can't understand  amd go upt to the level you talking a bout,  mostly  they search Somali/Somalia and paste.

I have posted a thread on SOL of Hiiraan Online's misleading articles five and half years ago. They used and copied picture of mine that I took in 2009 of an old neighbourhood our family used to live in 1990s in Nayroobi. They used that picture of mine as though it was taken in Mandheera.

I cannot stand that amateur site, though some Soomaalis consider it to be the primary site of Soomaalis. Nonsense.

Most of their non-Soomaali articles are a direct copy-paste ones; some international sites like BBC even warned them not to use their articles without explicit permission. Some of them sourced from neocon and right-wing sites. I don't know if they are ignorant of these sites or if it is their poorly designed algorithm.

Also the site's design hardly changed in 20 years of existence. Look at this page Hiiraan Online from 1999 compared to today in 2019. They are almost identical, save the graphics used.

hiiraan-1999.png

hiiraan-2019.png

galbeedi   
15 hours ago, Tillamook said:

Unless, and until, you can show us verifiable proof of how much debt supposedly “Somalia owes” and got written off; who withdrew said loans on behalf of Somalia; and for what purpose and benefit it was spent on average Somalis—

That point is debatable whether the debt relief is real or imagined. Time will tell, but to argue that "

15 hours ago, Tillamook said:

Galbeedi, first of all, you need to embrace the concept of the free media.  Turkey be damned—Hiiraan and others can write whatever they please and feel their readership will consume.

Since when is media free to write whether ever they wish?  Someone is deciding articles and copy pasting for all kind of reasons. Besides, media every where do self censoring to protect the values of their readers and promote what the majority of the citizens hold as valuable. Or what those who own them decide to be new worthy.

Let my give you an example:

In this town we have a large number of Somalis graduating from the local universities compared to  other larger groups who might have 10 times the population. Whether they are Indians, Philipino or Africans. 

Yet, You will never read that wonderful news from the local papers , evening news or feature documentaries including the public Broadcasting agencies. Yet, if one of our youth makes a mistake , it is a headline with all kind of connotations.

It is a given thing. But, we expect a Somali website to at least feature our moderate successes. 

There are well known sites and papers who believe that the "fourth world Somalis" must be expelled, mocked or abused. If a self hating Somali promotes that kind of talking points, then we will point out as usual.

I Have seen Hiiraan online promote the dismemberment of Somalia and other anti unity articles throughout the years, and I am pist of about that. 

Also the site's design hardly changed in 20 years of existence. Look at this page Hiiraan Online from 1999 compared to today in 2019. They are almost identical, save the graphics used.

Even worse,  when your mobile phone is on night mode,  you can't read it, the text goes funny as it doesn't recognize the mode. Lazy ownership. 

21 hours ago, galbeedi said:

That point is debatable whether the debt relief is real or imagined. Time will tell, but to argue that "

Since when is media free to write whether ever they wish?  Someone is deciding articles and copy pasting for all kind of reasons. Besides, media every where do self censoring to protect the values of their readers and promote what the majority of the citizens hold as valuable. Or what those who own them decide to be new worthy.

Let my give you an example:

In this town we have a large number of Somalis graduating from the local universities compared to  other larger groups who might have 10 times the population. Whether they are Indians, Philipino or Africans. 

Yet, You will never read that wonderful news from the local papers , evening news or feature documentaries including the public Broadcasting agencies. Yet, if one of our youth makes a mistake , it is a headline with all kind of connotations.

It is a given thing. But, we expect a Somali website to at least feature our moderate successes. 

There are well known sites and papers who believe that the "fourth world Somalis" must be expelled, mocked or abused. If a self hating Somali promotes that kind of talking points, then we will point out as usual.

I Have seen Hiiraan online promote the dismemberment of Somalia and other anti unity articles throughout the years, and I am pist of about that. 

Thank you for admitting that the debt forgiveness issue is indeed a non issue as we’ve been saying, for if you had any absolute and easy rebuttal to share on the matter we would have seen it by now.

As to the Hiiraan Online issue...I thought you’d see it for what it is: Bad news sells.

You can complain all you like about how amateurish they are, how unpatriotic or deceptive they are, but in the end that shit gets them views.

If you genuinely wish to counter what in your opinion you consider to be their incessant negative articles about Somalia and Somalis, then by all means promote a better narrative in such a way as to compete for their readership who would, in your view,  clearly benefit from having an alternative version of facts shared with them. That’s my advise to you.