Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

random pics

Aaliyyah   

subhanalah it breaks my heart to see kids smoking at such a young age. They most likely do not have anyone to look after them.

This reminds the rest of us not to take what we have for granted. peace,wealth, love, and family. And, to always be grateful and praise Allah swt for his blessings.

May Allah swt establish peace in Somalia..

----------------------------

Guide me to truth, God

I depend on your guidance today

Oh God of the universe! you are my aid

You are the refuge of man in the afterworld

Here I am God, asking your forgiveness

Forgive me and grant me my wish

NGONGE   

The cigarettes are not even lit. It's for show. Those boys look like they are having the time of their life.

Rijaaloha.

Blessed   

The smoking is the least of my worries...

Aw-Dhubad.

So, do they just live on the streets and have to fend for themselves or are there some places where they get some help?

Aaliyyah   

Ngonge they look like kids in need who have no parents looking out for them. Even, if they are not smoking, it shouldn't be allowed for them to put that filth in their mouth. walahi they do not look older than 10 years old. I'm totally against smoking regardless of age, and now they are raising these kids with the mentality that "smoking is fine"...

But, smoking is only a part of a bigger problem, that's poverty. Of course once a child has no one guiding him, showing him that he's important and loved. They are bound to do anything from smoking to stealing to god knows what to meet their daily needs and coop with their stress.

ilaaahay jidka toosan hadaan somali nahay ha na tuso oo aa noqono umad isku duuban oo ilaahay dartii isku jecel oo dantooda taqaana.

salaam

Guide me to truth, God

NGONGE   

^^ Ayeeyo (and young niece),

Leave those kids alone. If they survived this long whilst being homeless they must be doing something right. I salute the smoking rascals.

Aaliyyah   

^There is not much that we can do individually, ofcourse we can send money back home from now and then to support relatives and what not. But, the least we can do is feel what our sisters and brothers are going through and pray that soon there will be a way out and a better future for our youngsters.

salaam

Guide me to truth, God

NGONGE   

Aaliyah,

We are. Can't you see the pride oozing from our words? These kids look tough. They'll survive.

ps

I remember talking to one of the old Somali seamen from bygone days. He was telling me about his childhood in Eden and how he spent most of it with groups of homeless boys just like these ones. They used to go to the docks and swim out all the way to the massive British ships then wait for the officers on board to throw them down some coins. The water was deep (to accommodate the huge ships) but they would still dive all the way to the bottom, retrieve the coins and stuff them in their mouths before swimming all the way up.

They also went to restaurants just before closing time and accosted the cook, as he was about to throw the leftover food out. They tried to do all sorts of jobs and attempted to make money by any means they could. Such people are survivors, adeer. Don't feel sorry for them, applaud them. I know I would not be able to cope with it today. It'll spoil my manicure.

Dhubad.   

Originally posted by Blessed*:

The smoking is the least of my worries...

Aw-Dhubad.

So, do they just live on the streets and have to fend for themselves or are there some places where they get some help?

Blessed, they fend for themselves no one looks after them, they scavenge in the market and collect whatever they can to sell it and use the money to buy Glue to sniff.

Most of them have no parents they either dead or too old/sick to provide for them so they were forced to live like that.

Aaliyyah   

Ng walaal I heard about life in Aden. There's this older lady who's my neighbor who shared her life story with me. She said how she went there at the age of 13 or so and brought her younger siblings there. She at that age took the responsibility of feeding and educating her family. Now you see the 13 yrs old kid in the west being spoiled. So yes tough times do produce tough kids. But, at times kids should be kids and carefree. However, who has the means to feed each and every child out there....we need a strong government first. So lets pray together inshallah that things wil turn out better..

salaam