Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

random pics

1.jpg

A Somali man carries dead sharks to the market near Hamarweyn as Somali citizens take advantage of an uneasy lull in the fighting to resume normalcy. Photo: AFP/Getty Images

---

I cant quite get over how surreal the image is (plus the barcelona t-shirt) and in the intensity on the guys eyes -

^^^^ LoooL..more like "Waar Maxaad naga taqaan Libaax badeedkaan madaxa ku sidanaa"

I think someone should name themselves "Libaax Badeed Sitte" and keep this pic as avatar.

LST - Top that!!!

Cheers

Paragon   

^^Somalis wixi badda ku jira iney xalaal yihiin.

Back to the topic: Well, I know some people who wont carry fish or shark in broad day light. Lest they are said 'War hebel masaskuu cunaa' lol.

Originally posted by Peplow throb:

Sharks are haram to eat.

The poor ba$trd$ may be endangered but they are not xaram .. come to think it they'd be better off if that was the case...

EVERY ONE, NEVER EAT A SHARK, THEY ARE XARAM AND YOU WILL GROW HAIR ON THE PALMS OF YOUR HANDS IF YOU EAT THEM... now how do we get the message to LBST here

Cara.   

LOL @ Paragon. I never understood how we can live on a thin strip of land on the coast and yet look down on those who eat seafood. It's so perverse.

He does look as if he's just walked down the length of a catwalk and is executing (quite elegantly, i must say)the customary 'distant gaze' just before the turn.

Elysian   

lol Kabtain Kaluun - perhaps a somali version of Popeye the sailor man...

Came to remember when I patted a shark in a pool. My friend said I was crazy, and to show her that it was safe, I tried to pat another one on the backside... well, dumb as I was I thought sharks were kind of stiff... I was wrong and the beast made a u-turn with its body and tried to bite me. With my palm open I reflexively pulled up my hand... my friend was unfortunately standing in the way and got a cold shower...

Shark is fish, so it's halaal, dunno about whale though... not that their fish, but if it's halaal to eat? Some muslims don't eat for instance crab, shrimps and other types of seafood.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Cara:

LOL @ Paragon. I never understood how we can live on a thin strip of land on the coast and yet look down on those who eat seafood. It's so perverse.

Cara, lol you make it sound so exotic, ah seafood smile.gif .

Jacpher   

^Seafood is xalaal whether dead of alive.

Nice pic. Have you guys ever tried that salty dried libaax?