Sign in to follow this  
OG Moti

I am going to Hargeysa soon inshaAllah -- any tips?

OG Moti   

as the title says...ANY TIPS.. I m so excited to visit and I havent lived in Somalia so please advice.....

I m concern about the followings

1. Security

2. Social

3. Universities

4. Cafe Shops

5. Places to visit (touristic and others)

6. People to meet

7. Any oragnization that might be helpful - Academic and others

8. Social life - places to eat

9. What to Avoid (language"Words i shouldnt use", phrases, and places)

10. Any useful tips

peace

One advice for you...try ta act like your the BIGEST QALDAAN FROM BURCO and am sure all your concerns will be fulfilled... :D:D advice from the wise...

asxantu

OG Moti   

thanx guys.. but just for one week... to see how is Somalia...or part of Somalia... I have high hopes and very excited... tips please peace

dawoco   

Og, adeeros, three words nooh... DON'T COME BACK and if u do,,,bring lots of ddiracyaal,,,or is it in france where they sell them :confused:

Other than that, stay safe and have fun. And appear like an angry maniac out for trouble so ppl stay outa ur way

Salma   

Go to Ceerigabo Barwaqo, to Daallo to Surud. You gonna enjoy alot. Stay away from the Cliff coz it has a strong gravity, its so beautiful place.

My tips:-

1- Our ppl are hot-tempered, you may come across two men talking or negotiating on something, but they are shouting at the same time. So you may think that a big fight is going on. Don't worry bro, they love each others alot :D So don't panic. Specially in the Market, if u wanna eat xabxab or camba laf.

2- Take you own First Aid box and your own medicines, you must take them. Take panadols, syrups, pain-killer, bandages, vaslene, injuries cream, muscles cream .....etc coz there the prices of the medines are so high and also they are all from Asia (India or Pakistan). You will never find medicines from France,Germany or UK.

3- Don't trust the shops, don't drink anything you get specially in the Airports or Hotels. Check the expiry date, coz some shop-owners care only about profits.

4- Take a Video Camera, trips are great only with VC to record your memories and enjoy them later.

Peace

Xarago   

Og-mooti saas kuma aqaan...oo wax aan kaga taliyo xaga bahhida garan mayaba...lakiin dhinaca Hargeysa waxaan kaga sheegi in ay tahey magalo qadhash yadh kana heli dontiid wax alale wixii aad uu bahatiid oo daruri ah..bahidada kale Illah aya og. Wa meel ay cimiladeda ay ku qanci doonta..taaso ku xidhan meesha aad ka dawafeysiid . Mid ayan kugula taliin laha lacagta aad qadaneysiid sarifkeeda yedhyadhe ( $ 5,10) uu baadi.Koleyba wey baxeysaye ayada oo yadh yadh ha baxdo. Waxaa kale oo iska ilalisa dhalisha inta aad magalada dhex jogtiid. Intaasi waxaan kugu daraye safar salama Allah ku nabad geeyo kuguna nabad so celsho meshi aad ka tagtey....amiin.

Juxa   

so moti u really going? $50, that is my final monthly instalment, bt u gotta renounce any claim. $50 is enough for hal qof aight?

safar salaama aaminiin, if u like it, make home there. :D

Som@li   

a/c,

first OG_MOTI good luck with ur journey.

tips:-

1) aid box(including ant-malaria tablets)

2)safari dress

3)camera and video camera

4)small radio( very crucial if u are going to Badiyaha)

5)sun glasses

6)torch

7)Speak somali all time

nuune   

brother Moti, once u arrive hargeisa airport, the official will ask u to pay $30 dollar plus another $30 dollar for sarrif, yacni waa kuu sarrifeeyna ay ku dhahaayaan lacagtaada, qiimihii suuqa ka joogey laguuguma sarrifaayo, that means altogether u paid $60 dollar for arrival only, and once u r departing, there is another charge, they used to take $20 dollar, but now it is $30 dollar, plus say no for stamp if u have foriegn passport, and i mean foriegn even if u r coming from mogadishu, for da taxi driver, give him $10 dollar or less to get you to da center of hargeisa, for nightly hotel, pay $2 dollar at least, or 12,000 somaliland shiling.

anyway, inshaa alaah sxb kheyr aa kuu rajeynaa, the last time i was there, i really had a good time, but sxb make sure u won't say this eray "fiiri hee" in front of people, i once said, and a guy called me, "kani muxuu ahaa af dayyuuska ku hadlayo", but i really had a good time and i won't forget it, i loved to go back once i got time in my hand, have a nice trip brother Moti.

OG Moti   

Thank you very much.. Walahi i got good tips, specially the small change ($5, $10s and camera ) i was thinking of that.. Bachelor I know what you mean.. inshaAllah it wont happen, thou Hargeysa people are pissed off with the government doing what they are doing to their somali fellows ... but it will pass... anyway thanx guys a really appriciate that Juxa be ready i might soo qeyliyo .. i hope you are in good terms with Dahabshiil and other xiwaalad... peace

Juxa   

^^^^^^^^^^^ anything to get you going sxb.

$50 aint much, iam glad u aint askin £50, now that is hard bargain.

moti, amaa iska joogtaa,,,,,,,halheeskada aaba ah fiiri hee, besides yr light skin. u will be mistaken for i dont know, cadaaaaaaan

i know the SOL nomads, care for u, bt if u get kidnapped, yaa allah. boolbaro, is already givin ya tips, make sure u ignore them cause he does double dealing, and u wont be difficult to spot.

N.O.R.F   

One advice for you...try ta act like your the BIGEST QALDAAN FROM BURCO and am sure all your concerns will be fulfilled... advice from the wise...

Bal kan eega, war isxeji intaan lagu gaadin :mad:

Has bud iyo fash at the ready

OG girl make sure u go to Burco sis, if you dont, well you havent 'really' been to Somaliland. :D