Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Extravagant Weddings in the Somali Community

winnie   

For alot of people, your wedding day is the one day you can fulfill any childish fantasies and people will indulge you for it.

A horse drawn carriage? in the 21st century?

Cara.   

Originally posted by Fabregas:

I believe one should only pay/spend the market price. Do not be forced to pay inflated or distortionary prices like Mancity Arab owners. one should buy a calculator and literally calculate if he is paying over the market equilibrium( worked out using a number of indicators such as age, looks, intellect, lineage, deen) for that particular women. When you have done all your calculations, approach the family with the paperwork/graphs and tell them exactly how much you are willing to spend on their priced asset.

Er, just out of academic curiosity, what happens if the calculations work out to a negative number (ie, a deficit value)? Would the prospective bride have to pay the groom? Again, asking purely out of intellectual interest, just a hypothetical what-if scenario you understand, no personal stake in the matter whatsoever.

Faheema.   

Originally posted by -MARX-:

Adventurous wedding.... Faheema? that's a novelty
;)

Bal indha adayga intaa leeg eega and double crossing those who try to help you. Good thing it was brief and somewhat unrelated icon_razz.gif

lol MsDD & Ibti, I tried to be miskiin caawiye like Ibti but it backfired on me :D

Juxa   

£20.000 mabadantahay? can you put price tag on your dream xalimo? i say nay

teeda kale what is this penny pinching men? and they are not even ashamed to moan about it.

just be honest to your other half, dont promise what you cant afford. that way you wont end up in debts and have to borrow caano-money next day.

it is all personal choice, some people like KK do the honorable thing, which is mid uu ilaah ka raali yahay by not wasting money, others save up and spend some cash on their weddings.

dont expect everyone to be the same :mad: if cali says waan ku cadaynayaa waan ku madoobaynayaa, then it is fine. ileyn isagaa wax uusan awoodin balan qaadaye

Juxa   

zu, caqliga goronyo kaama xado waligaaa:)

as i said waxan gacantada ku jirin afkaada waaka raagaan. i dont believe living beyond your means. however 20k is nothing to a man shaqaysta, altho kan ceyrta qaata it could take me years and cause him to curse the wife for years.

ps: i totally agreed with islaanti tiri spend the money of useful things, including on your family and beautiful home

Juxa   

i think faheema will do her vows, cirka iyadoo joogta.

she is all different league you know

Ibtisam   

^^I think thats why our ciirka soc dac so far has not worked out, she wants to wear here dress with farax flying next to her rather than a bunch of girls! :mad:

Juxa   

strickly ladies only events are fun, fun, fun:)

farax would only cramp your style, kasoo tag isagoo dhan lol

Faheema.   

^LooooL yous 2...That'll be the day. I think we should call them and book another appointment before Ramadan, we might 3rd time lucky icon_razz.gif