Sign in to follow this  
Medley of extemporanea

Somali websites

LoooL. The hell i know? Thats the million dollar question. I am not suprised though its a project from a somali person intended for a somali person.

There is no progress for somalis,. THE whole concept of progression and expansion is lacking,no ambition for the 'Next episode'. Everything is basic,theres hardly any sense of uniqueness or creativity and its not limited to websites.

Have a look at any somali run business. From Maqayads to the music & movie industry to Bacadlehs to websites, Xawilaads and Xalal stores; Nothing ever seems to move upward.But they are not short of bringing new replicas of the exact kind of venture that is exactly opposite the other one.And when i say replica,its just not the business idea,its the whole nineyards.The interior design,the color,the message,the fonts for the banner,the counters,the shelves everything. They even hire the same contractor[Who mind you seems to have one blueprint for his work] to handle the ground work. The result: 100 or so identical [Poorly run]businesses all striving for one common customer.

This lack of adroitness is perhaps genetics or culture or some kind of a combination between the two. And it also extends to how the entire somali culture works. Perhaps we are not cut for a 21st century world. Perhaps, we are just not progressive in nature. Perhaps,we are just still in miyi,even tho' we are sophisticated on the outside. Or maybe not...I dont know, am sprung . [i dont blame me,after all i am a somali]

For once,i would like to get down to the root causes of these kind of behavariol business ethics. A commercial solution for a lifeless & stifling businessmen and women. Any one?

Ps.There goes my 1000th post :(

lol@Ps.There goes my 1000th post.

coon :D , i say.

On a more serious note, Somalis are good at business. They may not be stylish enough for you, but they get the job done. And that is what matters. Theirs are not elegant stores and surely they don’t run classy restaurants, but they still serve good food with reasonable price.

STOIC   

^^Let me be the referee and announce your scores.Ladies and genetlemen; may i have your attention!.The one and only Macpharah have reached the thousand post.Its time for him to satiate himself with the greesy oil of double quarter pounder with cheese.Cheers !!!

Y'all need to leave alone our sordid shanty Somalian business alone.Is today the bashing of Somalis on every thread?

PS Am about to bounce out of work; disregard this post.

^ :D

Why must we settle for GOOD? What about excellent? Exceptional??

There should be,NO?

Edit: Stoic Thanks,but i dont eat beef. How about a plate of Baris & hilib Ari? smile.gif

^^Haa Faarax.

Excellence comes with competition, good Faarax. In the end those who lack it will fail business wise. And I know plenty.

But let eedo Macleey run her messy store, and adeer Shoonbe run his Xalaal store. In the end these messy stores will transform in to trendy malls and Xalaal stores in to grocery chains.

But let eedo Macleey run her messy store, and adeer Shoonbe run his Xalaal store. In the end these messy stores will transform in to trendy malls and Xalaal stores in to grocery chains

Now you are talking! When is this transformation coming? That is what i was ranting about. The same store that was operating in my neighborhood for the past 10yrs,is still in operation. It hasnt changed much,let alone expand. They have not even expanded the selection of merchandise. But in the meantime,several pop & mom xalaal stores have opened up,none[Zero,Zilch] has over taken the original store.

If the original xalaal store hasnt expanded & just looks like a dukaan in buula xuubey,with a 1980s look in a 21st century country,with a 21st century clientele, surely thats not progress? especially after almost 10yrs in business.

Come on,Good is B Grade,i am looking for an A+ smile.gif

^^Patience is the price that you may have to pay to realize these transformations. Nothing can blossom in short time. Let the reer miyi iney ilbaxaan horta. And then watch how your doughter shops in the upcoming Somali trendy malls :D !

Hawdgirl   

McPharax---

It has been said that when one wants for others to do good heshe starts with himherself..

so why don't you start with yourself and be a role model to all of us who fail to do excellent on all the areas that you have mentioned...

perfectionist waaxid! jk

^HeHe. At the rate technology and businesses are going,dont be suprised to see the extinction of 'Grocery stores'. :D

Theres a difference between patience & lack of foresight adeer.

Patience kulaha,Patience my Mat*ko[Copy write: Sheh] smile.gif

Originally posted by Hawdgirl:

McPharax---

It has been said that when one wants for others to do good heshe starts with himherself..

so why don't you start with yourself and be a role model to all of us who fail to do excellent on all the areas that you have mentioned...

perfectionist waaxid! jk

Inshallah! Watch for this space. Inshallah :D

Faarax, I am very optimistic on Somalis in the west. Whether technology imposes new business rules is a point immaterial to know. Raggeedee u jooga. What matters is the will and efforts to move ahead. And both are present in Somali psychic, saaxiib.

The Macleey you see in that messy store might have as well been warato in Ceelgaab. The very notion that she can conceive and actually do run business in the heart of west is admirable thing. Watch what her daughters will do,IA.

Yours are very good points. But you are bit speedy with this and you’re setting goals that are not attainable for us. Horta aan ilbaxno inta ka horreysana adeer nadaa waxeenna aan iska walaaqannee. And, hey, it really works.